Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > American History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

American History American History Forum - United States, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America


View Poll Results: Who killed JFK ?
Oswald alone 29 59.18%
Oswald+one or more other shooters 6 12.24%
Mafia+FBI+CIA+LBJ+TexasTycoons (Oswald is the scapegoat) 14 28.57%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2014, 02:50 PM   #81

diddyriddick's Avatar
Forum Curmudgeon
 
Joined: May 2009
From: A tiny hamlet in the Carolina Sandhills
Posts: 14,692

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclefred View Post
The Warren commission had credibility problems from the get go....
Fair enough. But what do you think it does to the credibility of honest and thoughtful dissenters like yourself when people cite Oliver Stone, Jim Garrison and Jesse Ventura to support their beliefs>?
diddyriddick is offline  
Remove Ads
Old February 5th, 2014, 04:09 PM   #82

Fiver's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois le Francais View Post
Lee Harvey Oswald JFK Assassination Mannlicher Carcano Rifle Accuracy And Speed Test 1967 - YouTube
You talk about it ?
Indeed none repeated the exploit LHO was supposed to have accomplished this day...
Thanks for linking the video that proves Jesse Ventura's fumbling with the rifle was bad acting. Several men got off three shots in 5.6 seconds, which is faster than Oswald, who took over 8 seconds to get off all three shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois le Francais View Post
What?
Jim Garrison said the JFK assassination was a "homosexual thrill killing".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois le Francais View Post
So Jim Garrison was dishnoest ? May you explain what was his interest to investigat ethe JFK murder since it just lost him, if not the quest for the truth and nothing else ?
If Jim Garrison cared anything about the truth, why is his book full of proven lies? Garrison had been discharged from the National Guard as unfit because of "a severe and disabling psychoneurosis of long duration" that "has interfered with his social and professional adjustment to a marked degree."

Garrison was a homophobic publicity seeker who spent years making an innocent man's life hell, simply because that man was a homosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois le Francais View Post
The problem is that those who want LHO guilty have no proof...
Eyewitnesses, print matches, handwriting matches, ballistic matches, and photographic evidence is no proof?
Fiver is offline  
Old February 5th, 2014, 04:11 PM   #83
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Jan 2014
From: France
Posts: 1,281
Blog Entries: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddyriddick View Post
Fair enough. But what do you think it does to the credibility of honest and thoughtful dissenters like yourself when people cite Oliver Stone, Jim Garrison and Jesse Ventura to support their beliefs>?
I have not quoted only these 3 guys...
Francois le Francais is offline  
Old February 5th, 2014, 04:19 PM   #84
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Jan 2014
From: France
Posts: 1,281
Blog Entries: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
Several men got off three shots in 5.6 seconds, which is faster than Oswald, who took over 8 seconds to get off all three shots.
Who where when how ? LHO hits 3 shots in 5.6 sec. Why you say 8 ?

Quote:
Jim Garrison said the JFK assassination was a "homosexual thrill killing".
Well, as he said : "Look at the people involved," Garrison said. "Dave Ferrie, homosexual. Clay Shaw, homosexual. Jack Ruby, homosexual."


Quote:
If Jim Garrison cared anything about the truth, why is his book full of proven lies? Garrison had been discharged from the National Guard as unfit because of "a severe and disabling psychoneurosis of long duration" that "has interfered with his social and professional adjustment to a marked degree."
Wasnt it a trickery to escape the war ?

Quote:
Garrison was a homophobic publicity seeker who spent years making an innocent man's life hell, simply because that man was a homosexual
Who?



Quote:
Eyewitnesses, print matches, handwriting matches, ballistic matches, and photographic evidence is no proof?
We all know this, and some are satisfied with it, whereas some others are not.
Francois le Francais is offline  
Old February 5th, 2014, 04:36 PM   #85

diddyriddick's Avatar
Forum Curmudgeon
 
Joined: May 2009
From: A tiny hamlet in the Carolina Sandhills
Posts: 14,692

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois le Francais View Post
I have not quoted only these 3 guys...
You missed my point entirely. Posting those three clowns makes any serious argument (we're still waiting for that one) suspect.
diddyriddick is offline  
Old February 5th, 2014, 05:12 PM   #86

diddyriddick's Avatar
Forum Curmudgeon
 
Joined: May 2009
From: A tiny hamlet in the Carolina Sandhills
Posts: 14,692

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois le Francais View Post
Who where when how ? LHO hits 3 shots in 5.6 sec. Why you say 8 ?

Well, as he said : "Look at the people involved," Garrison said. "Dave Ferrie, homosexual. Clay Shaw, homosexual. Jack Ruby, homosexual."


Wasnt it a trickery to escape the war ?

Who?



We all know this, and some are satisfied with it, whereas some others are not.
You know.....One of the drawbacks of being a moderator is that I can't use the ignore button on creative thinkers like you.

Have a nice day.
diddyriddick is offline  
Old February 5th, 2014, 06:18 PM   #87

Unstofam's Avatar
Archivist
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Michigan
Posts: 148

Supposedly Santo Trafficante Jr, Carlos Marcello, and Jimmy Hoffa were all connected to it.
Unstofam is offline  
Old February 5th, 2014, 10:35 PM   #88

unclefred's Avatar
The Snub Nosed Truth
 
Joined: Dec 2010
From: Oregon coastal mountains
Posts: 6,706
Blog Entries: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddyriddick View Post
Fair enough. But what do you think it does to the credibility of honest and thoughtful dissenters like yourself when people cite Oliver Stone, Jim Garrison and Jesse Ventura to support their beliefs>?
I think people should go to the primary sources instead. Rather than attack the secondary source. Garrison was very close to the truth on several fronts. That has only been proven more true with the documents released under the ARRB in the nineties and in 2003.

People should stick to the data rather than trying to discredit the messenger.

J.E. Hoover was a cross dresser, blackmailer, dirty trickster and a liar. Should we discount everything he ever said or did?

Last edited by unclefred; February 5th, 2014 at 10:41 PM.
unclefred is offline  
Old February 6th, 2014, 12:08 AM   #89

koala's Avatar
Lecturer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 253

If it is on some other viewpoints...... My idea is as below.

About his assassination, I once had believed in Nostradamus' myterius prophecy.

Quote:
"The great man will be struck down in the day by a thunderbolt.
An evil deed, foretold by the bearer of a petition.
According to the prediction, another falls at night time."

"The ancient work will be accomplished,
and from the roof evil ruin will fall on to the great man.
Being dead, they will accuse an innocent of the deed,
the guilty one hidden in the misty woods."
When I was a child, it is not understandable that the great first man of the most powerful nation can fall by others. Moreover, I am not yet because he is never a tyrant like peisistratos.
koala is offline  
Old February 21st, 2014, 04:23 AM   #90

SirOrmondeWinter's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,805

Surely all the re-examination surrounding the anniversary has settled it in people's minds once and for all? Oswald acted alone.
SirOrmondeWinter is offline  
Reply

  Historum > World History Forum > American History

Tags
jfk, killed



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What killed off the dinosaurs? tedkaw Natural Environment 143 September 25th, 2015 02:54 AM
What if the Disciples had of been killed? daaussiewolf Speculative History 1 March 28th, 2013 09:34 AM
Killed Pots Huntress Art and Cultural History 19 May 27th, 2012 05:03 AM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.