Alright, I'm pretty sure this is part of your assignment but I don't mind giving a little help. I'll use the Socratic method.
1. How were tensions between evolutionists and creationists in America?
2. Clarence Darrow was a famous defense lawyer who usually took the side of the wrongly accused. He usually helped pro-union groups in various cases. You should know who William Jennings Bryan is by this time period.
3. Where did the trial take place?
4. What did Bryan say about the bible?
5. Figure this one on your own.