Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > Ancient History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

Ancient History Ancient History Forum - Greece, Rome, Carthage, Egypt, Mesopotamia, and all other civilizations of antiquity, to include Prehistory and Archaeology discussions


View Poll Results: should an archaeological excavation of the hidden annexes be conducted
Yes, an archaeological excavation should begin immediately 41 56.16%
No, an archaeological excavation would not be justified 5 6.85%
An archaeological excavation should be conducted pending further information 27 36.99%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2017, 10:00 AM   #1151

John B's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: Canada
Posts: 3,444

As housing was mud brick. Temporary barracks may be long gone.
John B is offline  
Remove Ads
Old April 13th, 2017, 10:06 AM   #1152

Lord Harry's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Mar 2017
From: United States
Posts: 3,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by John B View Post
As housing was mud brick. Temporary barracks may be long gone.
The desert would leave no trace of them.

Update: Or maybe it would.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...0805_giza.html

Further update: Dr. Lehner thinks he may have found the remains of Khufu's royal palace. See the above article for further details. It is a bit dated, 2002, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Last edited by Lord Harry; April 13th, 2017 at 10:23 AM.
Lord Harry is offline  
Old April 13th, 2017, 10:13 AM   #1153

John B's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: Canada
Posts: 3,444

Also Cairo has heaven knows what under it.
John B is offline  
Old April 13th, 2017, 10:23 AM   #1154

John B's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: Canada
Posts: 3,444

A good write up on the main project manager.

Building the Great Pyramid Year 1: Six Letters from Hemienu
John B is offline  
Old April 13th, 2017, 10:39 AM   #1155

Lord Harry's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Mar 2017
From: United States
Posts: 3,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by John B View Post
A good write up on the main project manager.

Building the Great Pyramid Year 1: Six Letters from Hemienu

Interesting article. While Hemienu most likely oversaw the early stages of the Great Pyramid's construction, evidence from the Merer Diary suggests he died sometime during the construction process. The diary lists Khufu's half-brother Ankhaf, as the overseer of the building project. Ankhaf also served as vizier under his nephew Khafre, and most likely oversaw the construction of G2 as well.
Lord Harry is offline  
Old April 13th, 2017, 10:52 AM   #1156

John B's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: Canada
Posts: 3,444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Harry View Post
Interesting article. While Hemienu most likely oversaw the early stages of the Great Pyramid's construction, evidence from the Merer Diary suggests he died sometime during the construction process. The diary lists Khufu's half-brother Ankhaf, as the overseer of the building project. Ankhaf also served as vizier under his nephew Khafre, and most likely oversaw the construction of G2 as well.
The article is a bit dated. He must have established a brain trust.
John B is offline  
Old April 13th, 2017, 11:15 AM   #1157

Lord Harry's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Mar 2017
From: United States
Posts: 3,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by John B View Post
The article is a bit dated. He must have established a brain trust.

It's a fascinating article none the less. I appreciate how it goes into great depth describing the organization of labor and provisions. As well as the administrative aspects of pyramid construction.
Lord Harry is offline  
Old April 13th, 2017, 11:24 AM   #1158

John B's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: Canada
Posts: 3,444

2nd phase of Giza Pyramids development project worth LE90 million completed | Egypt Independent

They are working on things.
John B is offline  
Old April 13th, 2017, 11:33 AM   #1159

John B's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: Canada
Posts: 3,444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Harry View Post
It's a fascinating article none the less. I appreciate how it goes into great depth describing the organization of labor and provisions. As well as the administrative aspects of pyramid construction.
That is what I have tried to explain to our SPECIAL friend. No MS Project, MS Visio, DBase, just brush and papyrus. No email LOL. They must have established a core brain trust in the priesthood and palace.
John B is offline  
Old April 13th, 2017, 11:36 AM   #1160

Lord Harry's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Mar 2017
From: United States
Posts: 3,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by John B View Post
That is what I have tried to explain to our SPECIAL friend. No MS Project, MS Visio, DBase, just brush and papyrus. No email LOL. They must have established a core brain trust in the priesthood and palace.
Lol! It's all there for our special friend to read if he so chooses. The royal palace and priesthood had many trained scribes. I'm sure such a trust existed.
Lord Harry is offline  
Closed Thread

  Historum > World History Forum > Ancient History

Tags
final, mystery, pyramid, unlocking



Search tags for this page
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Napoleon and the Great Pyramid Nikalito European History 21 October 1st, 2017 08:32 PM
The Great Pyramid's Stepped Core Mason Williams Ancient History 161 July 1st, 2016 03:55 PM
Bent Pyramid, Red Pyramid, Great Pyramid - why is burial chamber *inside* substance? MichalHuniewicz Ancient History 220 December 28th, 2014 05:47 PM
Great Pyramid of Giza Silverangel Ancient History 56 November 5th, 2012 02:32 AM
Hong Kong Dentist to Unlock Pyramid Mystery with T docyabut Ancient History 4 March 9th, 2012 09:07 AM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.