Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > Ancient History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

Ancient History Ancient History Forum - Greece, Rome, Carthage, Egypt, Mesopotamia, and all other civilizations of antiquity, to include Prehistory and Archaeology discussions


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 13th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #301
Archivist
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilcar View Post
One can not say if it was independently invented or not for certain, as ideas can spread pretty far given enough time and means. But the point that i was making was in regard to Einharja implying that having the 'oldest' swastika in Ukraine (which is not true) is some how validation or being support for that being the indo-european homeland. As i pointed out if you considered it their symbol he would that meet a contradiction by viewing the IVC as non vedic.
I did not see you retort his post.

How is it not true? can you give evidence for this?

And he is right, just because that the oldest Swastikas are from the Ukraine does not mean that they originated there and that it probably is much to early to be invented by IE people.
This is just to show how badly constructed some arguments are.
Einharja is offline  
Remove Ads
Old December 13th, 2012, 08:02 AM   #302
Academician
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: UK
Posts: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einharja View Post
How is it not true? can you give evidence for this?

And he is right, just because that the oldest Swastikas are from the Ukraine does not mean that they originated there and that it probably is much to early to be invented by IE people.
This is just to show how badly constructed some arguments are.
Heres what i will say, if from your previous posts claim that the oldest swastika is in ukraine and claim this is somehow supportive of IE origionating from there than i can confidently say you are wrong. As i have pointed out your pet theory of the AMT would contradict it.
Hamilcar is offline  
Old December 13th, 2012, 08:21 AM   #303
Archivist
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilcar View Post
Heres what i will say, if from your previous posts claim that the oldest swastika is in ukraine and claim this is somehow supportive of IE origionating from there than i can confidently say you are wrong. As i have pointed out your pet theory of the AMT would contradict it.
My pet theory? I accept every theory (and as you shouuld know if you have read the whole topic, I used to favour Anatolia as a homeland.
And I do not get what you want, I think that using single motivs as proof for origin of a language is silly. But others have used them on this thread.
I only posted something to contradict their flawed logic by using it myself.

And is not a claim, it is fact, I doubt there are many other swastikas from around 10000 BCE.
Einharja is offline  
Old January 20th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #304

Moar's Avatar
Citizen
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: India, Asia
Posts: 49
Aryan Invasion and Genocide of Dasyus !


* Europe begins: Cities built by swastika painting Aryans on remote Russian plains | Mail Online

----

* The Hindu : News / International : 4,000-year-old Aryan city discovered in Russia

----

Geneticist and Anthropologist, Spencer Wells states :

"The Aryans came from outside India. We actually have genetic evidence for that. Very clear genetic evidence from a marker that arose on the southern steppes of Russia and the Ukraine around 5,000 to 10,000 years ago. And it subsequently spread to the east and south through Central Asia reaching India." M17 "shows that there was a massive genetic influx into India from the steppes within the past 10,000 years.Taken with the archaeological data, we can say that the old hypothesis of an invasion of people – not merely their language – from the steppe appears to be true." — Spencer Wells (2002:167)

{ Spencer Wells :
Spencer Wells, Geneticist Information, Facts, News, Photos -- National Geographic , National Geographic Events - Spencer Wells }

----

In the study by Michael J. Bamshad and his team they wrote :

"Our results demonstrate that for biparentally inherited autosomal markers, genetic distances between upper, middle, and lower castes are significantly correlated with rank; upper castes are more similar to Europeans than to Asians; and upper castes are significantly more similar to Europeans than are lower castes." — http://jorde-lab.genetics.utah.edu/e...shad_2001a.pdf

* Genetic evidence suggests European migrants may have influenced the origins of India's caste system

{ Michael Bamshad : UW Genome Sciences: Michael Bamshad , Bamshad Laboratory : People }

----

To un-mask the fringe theories over the subject, Please Read: Dalits v/s Hinduism: Aryan Invasion And Genocide Of Dasyus !


— — —


Sincerely,
Mr. Moar

Last edited by Moar; January 20th, 2013 at 12:20 PM.
Moar is offline  
Old January 20th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #305

beorna's Avatar
αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν
 
Joined: Jan 2010
From: Lower Saxony
Posts: 12,892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilcar View Post
Heres what i will say, if from your previous posts claim that the oldest swastika is in ukraine and claim this is somehow supportive of IE origionating from there than i can confidently say you are wrong. As i have pointed out your pet theory of the AMT would contradict it.
the swastika is very wll-known in japan. You can find it on every map as sign for a shrine or temple. My teacher showed us once a swastika in Israel. So the swastika has nothing to do with IE.
beorna is online now  
Old January 21st, 2013, 01:34 PM   #306

stormbringerr's Avatar
Archivist
 
Joined: Oct 2009
From: Republic of Texas
Posts: 225

i am of welsh origin but that language is too much for me,where it came from i dont know.
stormbringerr is offline  
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:49 PM   #307

Theodoric's Avatar
Scholar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 852

Info-European emerged in the land of Hyperborea on the Scandenavian peninsula. They invaded and conquered the weaker peoples. They looked blonde haired and blue eyed. After their conquests, they began building Kingdoms.
Theodoric is offline  
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:19 PM   #308

Midas's Avatar
Γορδιεϝαις the Phrygian
 
Joined: Dec 2011
From: Scandinavia, Balkans, Anatolia & Hatay
Posts: 3,328
Blog Entries: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodoric View Post
Info-European emerged in the land of Hyperborea on the Scandenavian peninsula. They invaded and conquered the weaker peoples. They looked blonde haired and blue eyed. After their conquests, they began building Kingdoms.
And you have all the evidence for such a bold claim?
Midas is offline  
Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:42 PM   #309

Theodoric's Avatar
Scholar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
And you have all the evidence for such a bold claim?
Yeap.
Theodoric is offline  
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:40 PM   #310

Midas's Avatar
Γορδιεϝαις the Phrygian
 
Joined: Dec 2011
From: Scandinavia, Balkans, Anatolia & Hatay
Posts: 3,328
Blog Entries: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodoric View Post
Yeap.
Bring them on then. Comming from Northern Europe and being into historical linguistics I can tell you that didn't happen.
Midas is offline  
Closed Thread

  Historum > World History Forum > Ancient History

Tags
indoeuropean, languages, originate


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where do the Hebrews originate from? Nick Ancient History 43 March 20th, 2014 11:34 PM
When and where did the Star of David Originate? Salah General History 5 March 18th, 2010 11:41 AM
The Etruscan’s are the founding Romans. Where did they originate? laketahoejwb Ancient History 9 February 21st, 2010 10:16 PM
Salutations from an Indo-Canadian Lord_of_Gauda New Users 15 November 30th, 2009 07:06 AM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.