Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > Ancient History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

Ancient History Ancient History Forum - Greece, Rome, Carthage, Egypt, Mesopotamia, and all other civilizations of antiquity, to include Prehistory and Archaeology discussions


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2016, 08:35 AM   #231

John B's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: Canada
Posts: 3,187

I will have to look for it but ancient Greek travelers mentioned a stone if removed led to a passage in this are. Maybe some one here remembers the citation? I will go looking again.
John B is offline  
Remove Ads
Old October 22nd, 2016, 09:15 AM   #232

Hanslune's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Oregon
Posts: 1,322

Quote:
Originally Posted by John B View Post
I will have to look for it but ancient Greek travelers mentioned a stone if removed led to a passage in this are. Maybe some one here remembers the citation? I will go looking again.
I have seen mentions of that also but I have no idea what the basis of it was.
Hanslune is offline  
Old October 22nd, 2016, 12:09 PM   #233

Matthew Amt's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: MD, USA
Posts: 2,022

Quote:
The Greek geographer Strabo (first century BC) wrote of this stone: “At a certain height on one of its sides there is a stone that can be removed, which, once removed, allows us to see the entrance to a tortuous gallery or hypogeum, leading to the tomb.”
From Houdin's site:

One Entrance, Two Paths: The Noble And Service Routes In The Great Pyramid

Really, this muon test doesn't say anything new to folks who have read Houdin's site! It's just showing us the entrance room that has to be there, all the architecture requires it.

Matthew
Matthew Amt is online now  
Old October 22nd, 2016, 12:14 PM   #234

John B's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: Canada
Posts: 3,187

There are a number of ancient tourists that mention entrances. But they did not leave any selfies around.
John B is offline  
Old October 22nd, 2016, 01:06 PM   #235

cladking's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: indiana
Posts: 2,614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Amt View Post
From Houdin's site:

One Entrance, Two Paths: The Noble And Service Routes In The Great Pyramid

Really, this muon test doesn't say anything new to folks who have read Houdin's site! It's just showing us the entrance room that has to be there, all the architecture requires it.
Odd that nobody else predicted a passage here.
cladking is online now  
Old October 22nd, 2016, 02:01 PM   #236

John B's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: Canada
Posts: 3,187

The scan seems to give a directional density. However I do not think the tech is there wet for a 3D software model. More muons get through where the density is lowest. Then I guess they model using some form of known values for limestone density and thickness of wall. From the banks of computers and the micro reading of the plates into the system. This is baby tech/proof of concept work. However the Bent Pyramid was the dry run.

The graphic used is hard for one to interpret without some detail of explanation. Even if a void is found great care will have to be taken to physically investigate. That's when the structural engineers and master stone masons will have their work cut out for them.

As wanting another 6 month extension. Go for it. Its non-destructive/passive testing anyway. If this was the 19th Century they would have blasted the poor old thing.
John B is offline  
Old October 22nd, 2016, 06:06 PM   #237

cladking's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: indiana
Posts: 2,614

Quote:
Originally Posted by John B View Post
Even if a void is found great care will have to be taken to physically investigate.
A void was found. They said a linear void was found, They described a linear void, and they gave the raw results showing a linear void.

Why is there a hang up here?

There's no care required to access this void. Just start drilling holes as Hawass has done many times. There are massive gables to hold the pyramid up above and no chance of collapse.

But rather than blundering in there and damaging more of the pyramid they could perform more science and look for the opening right where I said it is. They could even put collectors down inside the ascending passage and identify exactly which stone it is though I can't imagine it should be hard to find with current data.

Another name for a linear void in a great pyramid is just "passage". There's nothing to see here except a short cut to the so called grand gallery. There are far more interesting things to see and far important science that can be done.

It's very good to see them finally starting to do a little science and I'm always ecstatic when a little data leaks out but if engineers and scientists were in charge of this it could be finished in three months. It's been an entire year now and they still haven't released the infrared data that they took 50 years to bother to acquire. I just hope it is released before the pyramid crumbles into dust.
cladking is online now  
Old October 22nd, 2016, 07:59 PM   #238

Hanslune's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Oregon
Posts: 1,322

Quote:
Originally Posted by cladking View Post
A void was found. They said a linear void was found, They described a linear void, and they gave the raw results showing a linear void.

Why is there a hang up here?

There's no care required to access this void. Just start drilling holes as Hawass has done many times. There are massive gables to hold the pyramid up above and no chance of collapse.

But rather than blundering in there and damaging more of the pyramid they could perform more science and look for the opening right where I said it is. They could even put collectors down inside the ascending passage and identify exactly which stone it is though I can't imagine it should be hard to find with current data.

Another name for a linear void in a great pyramid is just "passage". There's nothing to see here except a short cut to the so called grand gallery. There are far more interesting things to see and far important science that can be done.

It's very good to see them finally starting to do a little science and I'm always ecstatic when a little data leaks out but if engineers and scientists were in charge of this it could be finished in three months. It's been an entire year now and they still haven't released the infrared data that they took 50 years to bother to acquire. I just hope it is released before the pyramid crumbles into dust.
Still unable to wait for the testing to be completed and the report issued huh? No Egyptologists are listening to you Cladking why would they listen to an internet Crank who spends countless hours screaming hate at Egyptologists? ......and who has never written up his ideas so anyone could see them.

Sad
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see you've dropped that childish 'mis-translation' story. Cladking if you are going to make up stuff try to make up something rational, practical and that absolutely cannot be checked on.......lol

Last edited by Hanslune; October 22nd, 2016 at 09:19 PM.
Hanslune is offline  
Old October 22nd, 2016, 09:10 PM   #239

Hanslune's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Oregon
Posts: 1,322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Amt View Post
From Houdin's site:

One Entrance, Two Paths: The Noble And Service Routes In The Great Pyramid

Really, this muon test doesn't say anything new to folks who have read Houdin's site! It's just showing us the entrance room that has to be there, all the architecture requires it.

Matthew
Outstanding! I guess that shoots down Cladking 'priority' claim - I wonder if he stole the idea from Houdin?
Hanslune is offline  
Old October 23rd, 2016, 07:29 AM   #240

cladking's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: indiana
Posts: 2,614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanslune View Post
Outstanding! I guess that shoots down Cladking 'priority' claim - I wonder if he stole the idea from Houdin?
Houdin's proposal is highly illogical.

A chamber in here would create a low density region but the scan shows a very high density region. The testing clearly shows a linear void straight through a high density area. The gables obviously can only scan a very narrow corridor, Logically a narrow corridor never needed gables to protect it from the weight above. The only possible conclusion from the evidence at hand is that this is exactly what I predicted, or at least it is fully consistent with exactly what I predicted.

People are stuck on the nonsense that this is a tomb dragged up ramps by changeless and highly superstitious people. They simply can't see past these assumptions. The entire world is virtually founded on such assumptions as these so they are looking for all the wrong things here; things that never existed. They are looking for evidence of stinky footed beliefs instead of infrastructure. It's all infrastructure and this anomaly was called the "mn-canal" it was operated by the "Overseer of Canals" and was a part of the "winding watercourse".
cladking is online now  
Reply

  Historum > World History Forum > Ancient History

Tags
green, light, pyramids, scan, scientists



Search tags for this page
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Convert PDF Archive Scan to Searchable PDF nat47 History Help 2 October 12th, 2014 02:37 PM
Pyramids. GLADIATOR Ancient History 5 April 18th, 2012 03:47 AM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.