Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > Asian History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

Asian History Asian History Forum - China, Japan, Korea, India, Australia, New Zealand, and the Asia-Pacific Region


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2017, 08:18 PM   #171
Historian
 
Joined: Dec 2014
From: USA
Posts: 1,832

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aupmanyav View Post
https://in.answers.yahoo.com/questio...7172840AA9M1xv
"Puli" is the word for tiger in South Indian languages Telugu, Tamil and Malayalam. It is known as "Huli" in Kannada.

"The Asiatic lion used to live in Eastern Europe, West, Central and South Asia in historic times." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asiati...on_and_habitat

Online Tamil Dictionary
I would not know how one would pronounce these words.
Duh, what did you prove in your post?
Aatreya is offline  
Remove Ads
Old January 10th, 2017, 08:55 PM   #172

mnsr's Avatar
Scholar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
From: Asia
Posts: 855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatreya
Dude, India is not a la la land. As of today it has one of the oldest civilizations on the planet earth dating to 7500 BCE, and the civilizational continuity is for everyone to see. I hope you are not from those grasslands - the Steppes
And Dude, Neolithic and Broze Age cultures existed in Central Asia as well.

Regarding South Asia or any part of the Earth, we have seen invasions and migrations by the humans throughout the history. If you believe no such thing happened on the soil of South Asia, then enjoy your la la land.

And BTW, whether the grasslands of Central Asia or the dense forest of South Asia. All parts of the Prithvi Mata are beautiful.
mnsr is online now  
Old January 11th, 2017, 01:57 AM   #173

Aupmanyav's Avatar
Scholar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: New Delhi, India
Posts: 864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatreya View Post
Duh, what did you prove in your post?
That Asiatic lions existed in historical times in South India - Wikipedia
Now they don't exist in Haryana or Baluchistan as well. So what?
I take the belief in Nrisimha avatara as a proof that lions existed in South India. Otherwise people would not have thought of it.

"Apart from that, I would like to mention that you made a mistake in that edit to the former range, because one of them casts doubt as to whether or not the lion was in Khandesh, so you have an issue of conflict between references, or between what that reference said, and what you said. Leo1pard (talk) 02:01, 1 January 2017 (UTC)"

"Actually, it is true. The Asiatic lion had never been only one species. There were three subspecies of them. After being separated for more than 100,000 years from their African cousins, the lions were found in multiple locations of Asia, in West, Central and South Asia, not just Gujarat. They all have disappeared after less than 70 years."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:A...South_India.21

The maximal range of lions in the past - red indicates Panthera spelaea, blue Panthera atrox, and green Panthera leo leo/Panthera leo persica.
[IMG]By Ross Barnett, Marie Lisandra Zepeda Mendoza, André Elias Rodrigues Soares, Simon Y W Ho, Grant Zazula, Nobuyuki Yamaguchi, Beth Shapiro, Irina V Kirillova, Greger Larson, M Thomas P Gilbert - Barnett, R. et al., (2016). Mitogenomics of the Extinct Cave Lion, Panthera spelaea (Goldfuss, 1810), Resolve its Position within the Panthera Cats. Open Quaternary. 2, p.4. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5334/oq.24, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=54590813[/IMG]

Last edited by Aupmanyav; January 11th, 2017 at 02:30 AM.
Aupmanyav is online now  
Old January 11th, 2017, 07:39 PM   #174
Historian
 
Joined: Dec 2014
From: USA
Posts: 1,832

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aupmanyav View Post
That Asiatic lions existed in historical times in South India - Wikipedia
Now they don't exist in Haryana or Baluchistan as well. So what?
I take the belief in Nrisimha avatara as a proof that lions existed in South India. Otherwise people would not have thought of it.

"Apart from that, I would like to mention that you made a mistake in that edit to the former range, because one of them casts doubt as to whether or not the lion was in Khandesh, so you have an issue of conflict between references, or between what that reference said, and what you said. Leo1pard (talk) 02:01, 1 January 2017 (UTC)"

"Actually, it is true. The Asiatic lion had never been only one species. There were three subspecies of them. After being separated for more than 100,000 years from their African cousins, the lions were found in multiple locations of Asia, in West, Central and South Asia, not just Gujarat. They all have disappeared after less than 70 years."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:A...South_India.21

The maximal range of lions in the past - red indicates Panthera spelaea, blue Panthera atrox, and green Panthera leo leo/Panthera leo persica.
[IMG]By Ross Barnett, Marie Lisandra Zepeda Mendoza, André Elias Rodrigues Soares, Simon Y W Ho, Grant Zazula, Nobuyuki Yamaguchi, Beth Shapiro, Irina V Kirillova, Greger Larson, M Thomas P Gilbert - Barnett, R. et al., (2016). Mitogenomics of the Extinct Cave Lion, Panthera spelaea (Goldfuss, 1810), Resolve its Position within the Panthera Cats. Open Quaternary. 2, p.4. DOI: Mitogenomics of the Extinct Cave Lion, Panthera spelaea (Goldfuss, 1810), Resolve its Position within the Panthera Cats, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=54590813[/IMG]
Sir, as of today, there is no available evidence of lion in South India - at least in the last 4 or 5 thousand years. And, "Simha" and "Nara" are entirely Sanskrit. So, I do not know why you are dreaming of South Indian creation of Narasimha.
Aatreya is offline  
Old January 11th, 2017, 08:02 PM   #175
Historian
 
Joined: Dec 2014
From: USA
Posts: 1,832

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsr View Post
And Dude, Neolithic and Broze Age cultures existed in Central Asia as well.

Regarding South Asia or any part of the Earth, we have seen invasions and migrations by the humans throughout the history. If you believe no such thing happened on the soil of South Asia, then enjoy your la la land.

And BTW, whether the grasslands of Central Asia or the dense forest of South Asia. All parts of the Prithvi Mata are beautiful.
I see that you are keen of migrations in South Asia. You need to spread your vision around to Central Asia, Europe etc..

Linguistically, Vedic has the root words of the Indian and European words. So, India is the homeland of PIE.
Aatreya is offline  
Old January 11th, 2017, 08:18 PM   #176

mnsr's Avatar
Scholar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
From: Asia
Posts: 855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatreya
Linguistically, Vedic has the root words of the Indian and European words. So, India is the homeland of PIE.
Last time I heard from some faithful that Sanskrit is the mother of all languages in the world. I do not want to interfere in someone's faith, so enjoy your la la land.
mnsr is online now  
Old January 11th, 2017, 08:38 PM   #177
Historian
 
Joined: Dec 2014
From: USA
Posts: 1,832

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsr View Post
Last time I heard from some faithful that Sanskrit is the mother of all languages in the world. I do not want to interfere in someone's faith, so enjoy your la la land.
I do not want to interfere in someone's insecurity to hallucinate about PIE in Steppes. Enjoy your insecurity.

I do not need an European or American to tell me about my mother tongue, you need one. That tells much.
Aatreya is offline  
Old January 11th, 2017, 09:08 PM   #178

mnsr's Avatar
Scholar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
From: Asia
Posts: 855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatreya
I do not need an European or American to tell me about my mother tongue, you need one. That tells much.
All right, we mlechhas are bad. Enjoy your la la land.
mnsr is online now  
Old January 11th, 2017, 10:55 PM   #179

Aupmanyav's Avatar
Scholar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: New Delhi, India
Posts: 864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatreya View Post
Sir, as of today, there is no available evidence of lion in South India - at least in the last 4 or 5 thousand years. And, "Simha" and "Nara" are entirely Sanskrit. So, I do not know why you are dreaming of South Indian creation of Narasimha.
"The Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan hunting wild lions in Burhanpur (July 1630)"
That is what made me say that lions roamed in South India. If they were in Burhanpur, they could have easily be in Hyderabad as well.
Of course, Shah Jahan looks like a great hero hunting lions sitting on the elephant howdah while hundred of his subjects crowd the poor animals.

Click the image to open in full size. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burhanpur

Last edited by Aupmanyav; January 11th, 2017 at 11:02 PM.
Aupmanyav is online now  
Old January 12th, 2017, 06:24 PM   #180
Historian
 
Joined: Dec 2014
From: USA
Posts: 1,832

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsr View Post
All right, we mlechhas are bad. Enjoy your la la land.
I will, certainly. Learn to feel more secure about your own history. To stand stable on your own feet and not to be swept away is a good trait you know.
Aatreya is offline  
Reply

  Historum > World History Forum > Asian History

Tags
arachaeology, arachal, distorted, hide, plot



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
History distorted for the purpose of justifying current and future wars Black Dog Philosophy, Political Science, and Sociology 227 November 14th, 2014 03:07 PM
How to hide the country from my profile details greatstreetwarrior New Users 10 January 25th, 2013 09:36 AM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.