Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > Asian History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

Asian History Asian History Forum - China, Japan, Korea, India, Australia, New Zealand, and the Asia-Pacific Region


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2012, 07:55 AM   #61
Lecturer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by unmai53 View Post
In which language mahabaratha and Ramayana is written? If you conclude that it is in sanskrit , sanskrit language is only of the 150 A.D.
Please excuse me while I go laugh!

What's your basis for that date, again? Given that every single piece of accepted scholarship dates the Rigveda as the first Sanskrit document, having been compiled around 1700 to 1100 BCE, and Ashtadhyayi at approx. 500 BCE, I think you're the one who has to support your date...
shash is offline  
Remove Ads
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:07 AM   #62
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: varanasi uttar pradesh, india
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by shash View Post
Please excuse me while I go laugh!

What's your basis for that date, again? Given that every single piece of accepted scholarship dates the Rigveda as the first Sanskrit document, having been compiled around 1700 to 1100 BCE, and Ashtadhyayi at approx. 500 BCE, I think you're the one who has to support your date...
We do not need to use even them.

I promise you that search on Ghosundi inscription and you will see factual error on the part of Ummai.

actually, junagadh inscription is not first inscription in sanskrit and ghosundi ( Udaipur the same seat of rana pratap ) gives us an inscription in sanskrit and is dated before first century bc so no jesus saga .

Hope in my absence you will use this information as 150 ad is the probable date of rudradaman inscription which we know is 250 years later than ghosundi inscription.


In ayodhya and mathura we have many slabs in sanskrit and they are firmly placed between 50 bc to 100 ad .
avantivarman is offline  
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #63
Lecturer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantivarman View Post
We do not need to use even them.

I promise you that search on Ghosundi inscription and you will see factual error on the part of Ummai.

actually, junagadh inscription is not first inscription in sanskrit and ghosundi ( Udaipur the same seat of rana pratap ) gives us an inscription in sanskrit and is dated before first century bc so no jesus saga .

Hope in my absence you will use this information as 150 ad is the probable date of rudradaman inscription which we know is 250 years later than ghosundi inscription.


In ayodhya and mathura we have many slabs in sanskrit and they are firmly placed between 50 bc to 100 ad .
Of course... I wanted to see if he could show anything, though...

If all he has is an assertion, we don't need to go any further. If he has something specific, I'd like to see that. It's most probably humbug, but I want to see it...
shash is offline  
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #64
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: varanasi uttar pradesh, india
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by shash View Post
Of course... I wanted to see if he could show anything, though...

If all he has is an assertion, we don't need to go any further. If he has something specific, I'd like to see that. It's most probably humbug, but I want to see it...
this is where I like you as you have patience to look at all viewpoints.

slightly, offtopic but what about saraswathi identification as that could place Rigveda beyond 2000 bc.

Do you see some substantial problem ?
avantivarman is offline  
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #65
Lecturer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantivarman View Post
this is where I like you as you have patience to look at all viewpoints.
At this point, it's purely on entertainment value!

Quote:
slightly, offtopic but what about saraswathi identification as that could place Rigveda beyond 2000 bc.

Do you see some substantial problem ?
Hmm, I wish it were true, but the rationalist in me says wait until we can be sure. Until we can, I have to use the dates accepted in scholarship.
shash is offline  
Old November 25th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #66
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: varanasi uttar pradesh, india
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by shash View Post
At this point, it's purely on entertainment value!



Hmm, I wish it were true, but the rationalist in me says wait until we can be sure. Until we can, I have to use the dates accepted in scholarship.
same with me on saraswathi part as there does exist a rationalist in head of this " mere upstart kid "
avantivarman is offline  
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:32 AM   #67
Scholar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: uk
Posts: 830
Blog Entries: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shash View Post
Please excuse me while I go laugh!

What's your basis for that date, again? Given that every single piece of accepted scholarship dates the Rigveda as the first Sanskrit document, having been compiled around 1700 to 1100 BCE, and Ashtadhyayi at approx. 500 BCE, I think you're the one who has to support your date...
Sorry friend, you are wrong. The oldest stone inscription so far found in India is THE KIRNAR STONE INSCRIPTION and the period of inscription is A.D 150. There were no other inscription that have been found and this is according to the information furnished by Archaeological survey of India. Check it once again.
unmai53 is offline  
Old December 6th, 2012, 07:42 AM   #68
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: varanasi uttar pradesh, india
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by unmai53 View Post
Sorry friend, you are wrong. The oldest stone inscription so far found in India is THE KIRNAR STONE INSCRIPTION and the period of inscription is A.D 150. There were no other inscription that have been found and this is according to the information furnished by Archaeological survey of India. Check it once again.
this is what i would call a blatant lie.

first it is girnar ( not kirnar) and i know more about this inscription because of its historical value than you and is situated in junagadh , gujrat.

second, you are still not addressing about ghosundi and ayodhya inscriptions being written at a time when the great grandfather of jesus( if there was any such monk ) was playing with toys( yes , mods it is relevant ) and are in sanskrit.


go to prof ninnan and tell him about this.
avantivarman is offline  
Old December 6th, 2012, 08:05 AM   #69

Jinit's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: India
Posts: 3,664
Blog Entries: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantivarman View Post
this is what i would call a blatant lie.

first it is girnar ( not kirnar) and i know more about this inscription because of its historical value than you and is situated in junagadh , gujrat.

second, you are still not addressing about ghosundi and ayodhya inscriptions being written at a time when the great grandfather of jesus( if there was any such monk ) was playing with toys( yes , mods it is relevant ) and are in sanskrit.


go to prof ninnan and tell him about this.
I think even in wikipedia it is written that earliest known sanskrit inscription dates bake to 1st century BC.

Btw Is Gosundi inscription in sanskrit? I thought it is in some other language. Can you provide any photograph or picture of the inscription?
Jinit is offline  
Old December 6th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #70
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: varanasi uttar pradesh, india
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinit View Post
I think even in wikipedia it is written that earliest known sanskrit inscription dates bake to 1st century BC.

Btw Is Gosundi inscription in sanskrit? I thought it is in some other language. Can you provide any photograph or picture of the inscription?
though i can not post any picture, just read a book Indian epigraphy by DC sircar and you would find many ( 3 i can recall ) inscriptions in sanskrit predating christian era.


the findspots are mathura, ayodhya ( a king by name dhanadeva issued that inscription ) and ghosundi in udaipur .

the inscription of shaka rudradaman is very late ( laugh ) as it is of 150 ad some 2-3 centuries later than ayodhya and other inscriptions.
avantivarman is offline  
Reply

  Historum > World History Forum > Asian History

Tags
civilization, vedic


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
History of the Andean Civilization Thessalonian American History 9 March 29th, 2013 08:00 AM
What type of armor and weapons were used in Bronze Age Vedic India? Byrdsjanuary1954 General History 0 November 10th, 2011 04:26 PM
ask about Anti-Vedic thought's name Cherry Woo Asian History 4 July 29th, 2011 01:54 AM
Civilization: is the West History? Inc General History 1 March 30th, 2011 05:44 PM
First tolerant civilization in history Satuf Ancient History 21 January 30th, 2010 02:26 AM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.