Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > Asian History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

Asian History Asian History Forum - China, Japan, Korea, India, Australia, New Zealand, and the Asia-Pacific Region


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 24th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #241
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: varanasi uttar pradesh, india
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1991sudarshan View Post
This Dravidian supremacy theory is not popular these day in Tamil Nadu. But the Migrating North Indians are harbouring such Aryan supremacy and Hard Core Hindutva ideas. At one point of time my Friend from North India told that Indus Valley Civilization is an Aryan Civilization ( A victim of Aryan Supremacy theory). All I could do is to laugh in my Mind so that I wouldn't offend him.

Since the North Indians are the Majority in the Central Government, they fuel these kind of fake theories to get votes from their people are who firmly believe these Aryan stuff, Ramayana and Mahabaratha and do not acknowledge practical stuffs. It is very difficult to find a genuine scholarship and there exist few exceptions but they are showed by the once who are popular with Masses.
The only thing we know about IVC people is that they resembled like modern day punjabis, gujaratis and hariyanavis based on skeletal remains.

IVC is not yet proved to be a dravidian civilization and it is just hypothesis though more probable one than aryans.

and be rest assured north indian is a geographical term so IVC was certainly a north indian civilization.

tamil areas down to 200 bc did not have any coins or cities or literature.
this is not for fighting but a mere fact .
avantivarman is offline  
Remove Ads
Old November 24th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #242
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: varanasi uttar pradesh, india
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinothindie View Post
this is where i get enraged as tamils can have respect for a foreign language but not for any indian language.//

?????

Respect? no

We just think of practical stuff only

India got independence in 1947, the illiteracy level was almost close to 90%, suddenly the central government advocated everybody to use hindi, the period in which even tamils not literate even in their mother tongue?

The TN govt asked the use of English as intermediate language between central and state and use all other Indian language as national languages and governing language of their respective states
First I am no hindi supremacist and i do not support hindi imposition on any non hindi people but do expect that they respect hindi atleast .

if tamils do not use hindi it is their choice, but they can not call it a foreign language and language of crows .
avantivarman is offline  
Old November 24th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #243

1991sudarshan's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Jun 2011
From: São Tomé de Meliapore
Posts: 1,735

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantivarman View Post
The only thing we know about IVC people is that they resembled like modern day punjabis, gujaratis and hariyanavis based on skeletal remains.

IVC is not yet proved to be a dravidian civilization and it is just hypothesis though more probable one than aryans.

and be rest assured north indian is a geographical term so IVC was certainly a north indian civilization.

tamil areas down to 200 bc did not have any coins or cities or literature.
this is not for fighting but a mere fact .
Define North Indian Civilization.
1991sudarshan is offline  
Old November 24th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #244
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: varanasi uttar pradesh, india
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1991sudarshan View Post
Define North Indian Civilization.
any civilization to north of four southern states.

not a single site of IVC is in these southern states.
avantivarman is offline  
Old November 24th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #245
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Jun 2010
From: Dehradun
Posts: 1,936

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantivarman View Post
any civilization to north of four southern states.

not a single site of IVC is in these southern states.
But we are not sure which language/languages the IVC people spoke Nephew Avanti Varman.
Jhangora is offline  
Old November 24th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #246
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: varanasi uttar pradesh, india
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhangora View Post
But we are not sure which language/languages the IVC people spoke Nephew Avanti Varman.
when we are not sure we can not tell that IVC were dravidians.
the two things we know for sure is

1. that it is in north india

2. people who created this civilization are same as punjabis and hariyanis of today.

there is no dispute in these two facts chachaji.
avantivarman is offline  
Old November 25th, 2012, 01:10 AM   #247

1991sudarshan's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Jun 2011
From: São Tomé de Meliapore
Posts: 1,735

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantivarman View Post
when we are not sure we can not tell that IVC were dravidians.
the two things we know for sure is

1. that it is in north india

2. people who created this civilization are same as punjabis and hariyanis of today.

there is no dispute in these two facts chachaji.
Haha. Your claims are humorous . Just because IVC is in north India they can not become a North Indian Civilization in your case it is Aryan Civilization. Then How can you explain the presence of Dravidian language speakers in South India. Did they take an aeroplane from Africa and land in the South India many thousand years ago. You may say that those people would have imported the aeroplane technology from the Aryans and staright way landed in the Southern part of India.

At present we are not aware of the genetic analysis of the IVC people remains and their ethnicity. Your claims are bogus.

Last edited by 1991sudarshan; November 25th, 2012 at 01:16 AM.
1991sudarshan is offline  
Old November 25th, 2012, 03:06 AM   #248

kauchenvinci-0's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: May 2012
From: On a chain of Extinct Volcanoes
Posts: 1,536
Blog Entries: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantivarman View Post
when we are not sure we can not tell that IVC were dravidians.
the two things we know for sure is

1. that it is in north india

2. people who created this civilization are same as punjabis and hariyanis of today.

there is no dispute in these two facts chachaji.
1. According to your point , pakistan has a better right than north India to claim IVC ,right kanishta ?
2. How do you know they were like punjabis ..but not like kannadigas or tamilians ? Any evidence you might like to present ...
and that would be really
kauchenvinci-0 is offline  
Old November 25th, 2012, 03:58 AM   #249
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: varanasi uttar pradesh, india
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas teja View Post
1. According to your point , pakistan has a better right than north India to claim IVC ,right kanishta ?
2. How do you know they were like punjabis ..but not like kannadigas or tamilians ? Any evidence you might like to present ...
and that would be really
pakistan does not have better claim to IVC because BB Lal ( he was president of world archaeology congress) and all others have proven

1. IVC was more populated in saraswati region than indus

2. out of 2600 sites, 1550 are in India of post 1947.

3. the haryana and north rajasthan region shows earliest layers

4. and finally apart from capital cities of harappa and mohenjodaro, most of large cities iare concentrated in haryana region.

even wiki tells us this.



now as for why kannadigas or for that matter any non north indians are not described as resembling the skeletal bremains of IVC , you know that it will be a bit racist but anthropologists have affirmed this on basis of density of bones, skulls and facial forms.

and since you have resided in hissar, you must be knowing difference between singhs, kapurs and sharmas on one hand and people from india below 18 degree latitude ( this is politically correct i assume and cool ).

of course there are similarities but those skilled in finding differences are able to find it without any problem.
avantivarman is offline  
Old November 25th, 2012, 04:20 AM   #250
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: varanasi uttar pradesh, india
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1991sudarshan View Post
Haha. Your claims are humorous . Just because IVC is in north India they can not become a North Indian Civilization in your case it is Aryan Civilization. Then How can you explain the presence of Dravidian language speakers in South India. Did they take an aeroplane from Africa and land in the South India many thousand years ago. You may say that those people would have imported the aeroplane technology from the Aryans and staright way landed in the Southern part of India.

At present we are not aware of the genetic analysis of the IVC people remains and their ethnicity. Your claims are bogus.
who told you that dravidians are from africa ?

they are indigenous people and are caucasoids and have developed dravidian languages in south India itself.

mine was not genetic analysis but skeletal analysis which was done by a US based anthropologist.


and be rest assured SR Rao, BB Lal and koenrad elst believe IVC to be an aryan one so if my claims are bogus, then these professors are to be blamed.

Personally, I believe that we do not and will not ( i stress this ) be able to know what was linguistic identity of IVC people but it is fair toss between aryans and dravidians.



and one question how did dravidians reach south india if they were IVC creators?

who drove them to south ?
avantivarman is offline  
Reply

  Historum > World History Forum > Asian History

Tags
indus valley


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ethnicity of The Indus Valley Civilization 1991sudarshan Ancient History 66 September 13th, 2012 07:39 PM
Linear A and Indus Valley Script Barbarossa Ancient History 40 September 4th, 2012 04:01 PM
some indus river valley questions dreamshadow3 History Help 4 February 18th, 2011 07:08 PM
Indus Valley Syed F. Inam Ancient History 3 November 19th, 2010 12:37 PM
Indus Valley celtman Ancient History 25 June 10th, 2010 02:07 AM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.