Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > Asian History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

Asian History Asian History Forum - China, Japan, Korea, India, Australia, New Zealand, and the Asia-Pacific Region


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #1

omtamil's Avatar
Citizen
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
Indus Valley is Tamil Civilization


Click the image to open in full size.

Tamil civilisation formed the basis for Indian civilisation. Tamils culture spread all over India according to S.A. Taylor and other researchers. Tamils from the south migrated north when Kumari Kandam that is the southern tip of India was eroded by the sea.


These people settled around the banks of the Sindu river and over the years were responsible for the creation of Indus Valley civilisation according to Hendry Heras, a christian priest, who did research about that era. The Indus Valley is one of the world’s earliest urban civilizations, along with its contemporaries, Mesopotamia and Ancient Egypt. Among the settlements were the major urban centres of Harappa, Mohenjo-daro (UNESCO World Heritage Site), Ganweriwala, Dholavira, and Rakhigarhi.


Full article here Indus Valley Civilization is Tamils Civilization | OMTAMIL.com • Ancient History, Science & Wisdom
omtamil is offline  
Remove Ads
Old August 31st, 2012, 12:27 PM   #2

Lord_of_Gauda's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Nov 2009
From: Canada
Posts: 6,518

There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that Indus Valley was a tamil civilization. For one, Indus valley script remains undeciphered, there is no factual basis in concluding what language they spoke.
For two, the idea that IVC people spoke Tamil is ludicrous- IVC ended around 1800 BCE and there is not a single piece of tamil literature available prior to 300s BCE. To suggest that a language remained unchanged for 1500 years in antiquity is largely unheard of and flies in the face of all linguistic evidence for languages, where languages are shown to mutate every 500-800 years.
Lord_of_Gauda is offline  
Old August 31st, 2012, 12:49 PM   #3
Historian
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Karachi
Posts: 1,015

OMTAMIL. com , where do I sign up to other Tamil goodness and be enlightened ? Nationalism going a bit too far ..
Lazyman is offline  
Old August 31st, 2012, 05:41 PM   #4
Lecturer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 291

There's crackpot Tamil (or any, for that matter) nationalism and then there's [url="http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/archive/00151/Dr_Iravatham_Mahade_151204a.pdf"serious scholarship[/url].

Nothing wrong in speculation and putting out theories in these cases, where we simply don't know anything more detailed. But let's not give them a parochial "us vs them" flavour to it. There's nothing to get bombastic about in the whole question.

@LoG: Yeah, it can't be unmodified Tamil, that much should be obvious. The question is, could it have been a form of proto-Dravidian, from which Tamil evolved? Depends on a lot of things...
shash is offline  
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:15 AM   #5

The Imperial's Avatar
MentalManja
 
Joined: Nov 2010
From: 3rd rock from Sol
Posts: 4,252
Blog Entries: 1

Tamil Nationalist....
The Imperial is offline  
Old September 1st, 2012, 07:59 AM   #6

1991sudarshan's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Jun 2011
From: São Tomé de Meliapore
Posts: 1,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Imperial View Post
Tamil Nationalist....
Shash is correct. We can speculate about this one but should not come to any immediate conclusion .

It is ok to be Tamil Nationalist (for a Tamil ) than to be a Hindi nationalist .



But I state clearly that I do not buy the Lemurian origin theory.
1991sudarshan is offline  
Old September 1st, 2012, 09:22 AM   #7
Lecturer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1991sudarshan View Post
Shash is correct. We can speculate about this one but should not come to any immediate conclusion .

It is ok to be Tamil Nationalist (for a Tamil ) than to be a Hindi nationalist .



But I state clearly that I do not buy the Lemurian origin theory.
On Lemuria, I hereby shamelessly plug my own article...
shash is offline  
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:57 AM   #8
Scholar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: uk
Posts: 829
Blog Entries: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_of_Gauda View Post
There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that Indus Valley was a tamil civilization. For one, Indus valley script remains undeciphered, there is no factual basis in concluding what language they spoke.
For two, the idea that IVC people spoke Tamil is ludicrous- IVC ended around 1800 BCE and there is not a single piece of tamil literature available prior to 300s BCE. To suggest that a language remained unchanged for 1500 years in antiquity is largely unheard of and flies in the face of all linguistic evidence for languages, where languages are shown to mutate every 500-800 years.
Tamil language is much older than ivc which dates back 5000 years B.C. If you happen to read ancient tamil literatures you can understand. Especially Tholkappiyam, silapathigaram, manimegalai, paripaadal are some of the tamil literatures which were written much earlier. To belive this, you should read such books. For your information I give below the tamil language chart for your reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 800px-History_of_Tamizh_Script_(2348122838).jpg (106.1 KB, 11 views)
unmai53 is offline  
Old September 3rd, 2012, 09:14 AM   #9

The Imperial's Avatar
MentalManja
 
Joined: Nov 2010
From: 3rd rock from Sol
Posts: 4,252
Blog Entries: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by unmai53 View Post
Tamil language is much older than ivc which dates back 5000 years B.C. If you happen to read ancient tamil literatures you can understand. Especially Tholkappiyam, silapathigaram, manimegalai, paripaadal are some of the tamil literatures which were written much earlier. To belive this, you should read such books. For your information I give below the tamil language chart for your reference.
Have you read Asid, Auhds, Iasd, Agsdf, Nudsh etc? These are literature works which were written even earlier.... around 23,000 BC In an ancient language called 'Lklsjdio'
The Imperial is offline  
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:11 AM   #10

kauchenvinci-0's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: May 2012
From: On a chain of Extinct Volcanoes
Posts: 1,548
Blog Entries: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Imperial View Post
Have you read Asid, Auhds, Iasd, Agsdf, Nudsh etc? These are literature works which were written even earlier.... around 23,000 BC '
Oh , can you provide the links ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Imperial View Post
In an ancient language called 'Lklsjdio'
would love to learn this lang
kauchenvinci-0 is offline  
Reply

  Historum > World History Forum > Asian History

Tags
indus valley


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ethnicity of The Indus Valley Civilization 1991sudarshan Ancient History 66 September 13th, 2012 08:39 PM
Linear A and Indus Valley Script Barbarossa Ancient History 40 September 4th, 2012 05:01 PM
some indus river valley questions dreamshadow3 History Help 4 February 18th, 2011 08:08 PM
Indus Valley Syed F. Inam Ancient History 3 November 19th, 2010 01:37 PM
Indus Valley celtman Ancient History 25 June 10th, 2010 03:07 AM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.