Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > Asian History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

Asian History Asian History Forum - China, Japan, Korea, India, Australia, New Zealand, and the Asia-Pacific Region


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 17th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #11
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: May 2012
From: London
Posts: 162

In other words they are different.
KingButler is offline  
Remove Ads
Old November 17th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #12
Archivist
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: USA
Posts: 123

Puerto Ricans may have more Chinese admixture because of ancient admixture from Chinese migrations to Puerto Rico.

Also African Americans are 50% white and 50% African hence they have higher similarity with both Africans and Europeans.

Furthermore, Iberians do not significantly deviate from the European average when it comes to East Asian-like admixture.
Mandschure is offline  
Old November 17th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #13
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: May 2012
From: London
Posts: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandschure View Post
Puerto Ricans may have more Chinese admixture because of ancient admixture from Chinese migrations to Puerto Rico.

Also African Americans are 50% white and 50% African hence they have higher similarity with both Africans and Europeans.

Furthermore, Iberians do not significantly deviate from the European average when it comes to East Asian-like admixture.
There was only few thousands marriages between Puerto Ricans and Chinese.

I'm not talking about African American but the so called LWK who are 100% African but have higher East Asian DNA than other Africans.

Last time I checked Iberian autosomal DNA was only 1.5% East Asian. How is that they have as much as Finns do?
KingButler is offline  
Old November 17th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #14
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: May 2012
From: London
Posts: 162

Than there is also the 2x higher African admixture in Finns than their mongoloid admixture.

This chart was misinterpreted.

Last edited by KingButler; November 17th, 2012 at 09:33 PM.
KingButler is offline  
Old November 17th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #15
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Jun 2010
From: Dehradun
Posts: 1,936

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingButler View Post
Japanese have 14% Jomon mtDNA and 36% Jomon Y-DNA.

Aside from mtDNA N9b and M7a, other Jomon lineage according to Japanese scientist are M10, Z, N9B, Y, M8 so on average Japanese have 14% Jomon mtDNA and range from 8.1% to 20%. while for Y-DNA is 26.4%-46.2% so the average for Japanese would be 36%

Ancient Jomon mtDNA

N9b and M7a is the most predominate and found in all 3 Jomon groups sampled.

M7a

1) 7.1%
2) 30%
3) 3.7%

N9b

1) 68%
2) 60%
3) 13%
Thanx a lot for the Jomon data but my question was regarding the Female linages found in the present day Japanese people. Also, you failed to produce any genetic data for the Yayoi people of ancient Japan.

I have not met many Japanese people in real life but a few images I have seen on the Internet lead me to believe that there is a distinct African admixture in the present day Japanese people.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Jhangora is offline  
Old November 18th, 2012, 04:39 AM   #16

Naomasa298's Avatar
Bog of the Year
 
Joined: Apr 2010
From: T'Republic of Yorkshire
Posts: 21,380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhangora View Post
I guess you mean the cultural ancestors Naomasa. We are discussing Genetics here. Something which I don't know much about but understand a little bit.
No, not the cultural ancestors - the physical ancestors of the Yayoi people are believed to have migrated into the Japanese archipelago from the area around Korea, via Kyushu, gradually displacing the Ainu-related Jomon-era people who had previously inhabited the islands.
Naomasa298 is offline  
Old November 18th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #17
Archivist
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: USA
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingButler View Post
Than there is also the 2x higher African admixture in Finns than their mongoloid admixture.

This chart was misinterpreted.
No there's not. There is 2X more ASW admixture in the Finns compared with their individual Mongoloid admixtures (CHS, CHB, JPT).

ASW = African Americans (50% white, 50% African)
LWK = 100% Africans
YRI = 100% Africans

So of course there will be much higher genetic similarity between Finns and ASW because Finns are white, whereas ASW are 50% white.

Overall, the Finns share more genes with East Asians than they do with 100% Africans.

Japanese still have higher LWK (100% African) ancestry than any other Eurasian population except Iberians (nearly the same).

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Mandschure; November 18th, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
Mandschure is offline  
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #18

pablo668's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Apr 2010
From: Perth, Western Australia. or....hickville.
Posts: 2,022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhangora View Post
Thanx a lot for the Jomon data but my question was regarding the Female linages found in the present day Japanese people. Also, you failed to produce any genetic data for the Yayoi people of ancient Japan.

I have not met many Japanese people in real life but a few images I have seen on the Internet lead me to believe that there is a distinct African admixture in the present day Japanese people.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
You are having a lend right?
pablo668 is offline  
Old November 18th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #19
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: May 2012
From: London
Posts: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhangora View Post
Thanx a lot for the Jomon data but my question was regarding the Female linages found in the present day Japanese people. Also, you failed to produce any genetic data for the Yayoi people of ancient Japan.

I have not met many Japanese people in real life but a few images I have seen on the Internet lead me to believe that there is a distinct African admixture in the present day Japanese people.

Click the image to open in full size.
I've already shown you the female data of Jomon. Why do I need to produce Yayoi data? you didn't asked me for it and what's the point anyway? it's obvious that they came from China and Korea, that's where their haplogroup O3c and O2b came from.

Some people can be so gullible... you saw a few picture and you think it's african admixture and not due to hair perm?

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.


Quote:
No there's not. There is 2X more ASW admixture in the Finns compared with their individual Mongoloid admixtures (CHS, CHB, JPT).

ASW = African Americans (50% white, 50% African)
LWK = 100% Africans
YRI = 100% Africans

So of course there will be much higher genetic similarity between Finns and ASW because Finns are white, whereas ASW are 50% white.

Overall, the Finns share more genes with East Asians than they do with 100% Africans.

Japanese still have higher LWK (100% African) ancestry than any other Eurasian population except Iberians (nearly the same).

Click the image to open in full size.

OKAY THAT DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE

You claimed African Americans are 50% White and 50% African? You must think modern African Americans are as white as Obama who's actually 50% White genetically.


Racial mixtures of blacks and whites in modern America

Given the intense interest in ethnicity, genetic genealogists and other scientists have studied population groups. Henry Louis Gates, Jr. publicized such genetic studies on his two series African American Lives, shown on PBS. The specialists summarized United States population figures this way:

* 58 percent of African Americans have at least 12.5% European ancestry (equivalent of one great-grandparent);

* 19.6 percent of African Americans have at least 25% European ancestry (equivalent of one grandparent);

* 1 percent of African Americans have at least 50% European ancestry (equivalent of one parent) (Gates is one of those, he discovered); and

* 5 percent of African Americans have at least 12.5% Native American ancestry (equivalent to one great-grandparent).

Henry Louis Gates, Jr., In Search of Our Roots: How 19 Extraordinary African Americans Reclaimed Their Past, New York: Crown Publishing, 2009, pp.20–21


----------------------------

Only 1% of African American are 50% White so how the heck that does this make Finns closer to African American.

Sorry my mistake, please explain why Iberians have higher east Asian DNA than the Finns? and you didn't realize the brown component are highest in Africans not African Americans

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by KingButler; November 18th, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
KingButler is offline  
Old November 18th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #20

jehosafats's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,905
Blog Entries: 4

Can we get a serious link on this? Dienkes isn't exactly a reputable source...
jehosafats is offline  
Reply

  Historum > World History Forum > Asian History

Tags
admixture, african, higher, japanese


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
African Samurai okamido Middle Eastern and African History 29 February 16th, 2013 02:48 PM
African Knights MikaelM War and Military History 1 December 23rd, 2011 08:07 PM
African Americans after the emancipation kamron135 History Help 3 December 11th, 2011 05:08 PM
African dances Thessalonian Art and Cultural History 0 September 13th, 2011 12:35 PM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.