Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > Asian History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

Asian History Asian History Forum - China, Japan, Korea, India, Australia, New Zealand, and the Asia-Pacific Region


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 24th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #141
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: varanasi uttar pradesh, india
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusyamitra View Post
Gandhiji was revered all across India, low caste, high caste, North, South, Hindu, Muslim, etc. Tell me one leader of the time who had such appeal.

He was truly a saint who said "Hey Ram" before he was murdered. I greatly respect him as the true father of modern India.
there was no leader with his appeal but you do know that sadhu rajkaj nahi chala sakta hai.
avantivarman is offline  
Remove Ads
Old November 24th, 2012, 09:14 AM   #142
Suspended until August 12th, 2014
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: USA
Posts: 668

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantivarman View Post
there was no leader with his appeal but you do know that sadhu rajkaj nahi chala sakta hai.
Sahi baat hai (English translation: you are right) but I am looking at his character and how he morally united us.
Pusyamitra is offline  
Old November 24th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #143
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: varanasi uttar pradesh, india
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusyamitra View Post
Sahi baat hai (English translation: you are right) but I am looking at his character and how he morally united us.
no problem with your thoughts at all.
avantivarman is offline  
Old November 24th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #144
Suspended until August 12th, 2014
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: USA
Posts: 668

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantivarman View Post
as there was nothing obscene about indian dances before islam .

the kind of dance we see in bollywood with belly display is vulgur things brought by muslims.


but about kissing, the story is different.

what happened in ancient india was that the people used to see dramas as there was no films then and Bharatmuni in natyashastra says that since two brothers or two sisters might be seeing any drama at same time so it is inappropriate to kiss publicly in dramas.


now this does prove conclusively that we were as prudish as now and the thing that ancient indians were quite " liberal" is completely wrong.

read ramacharitmanas by tulsidas or raghuvansa by kalidas and see the bashful nature of Sita .

do you think a sexually charged society could produce such bashful lady?

the same thing is noticed in ancient sangam age literature where heroines are full of shame in speaking out their hearts.

the kind of prudishness we display is an ancient custom not any british or muslim influence.

muslims brought vulgar middle eastern dances, hijras and homosexuality on a large scale.

all muslim sulatns of slave dynasty were able to gain power despite being slaves because they allowed sultans to use them for carnal pleasures.

infact, iltutmish has been described in such terms that i can not produce same here.
I can't say I agree on the prudish part but sexual promiscuity was definitely frowned upon by all expect kings/kshatriyas.

The women barely wore many clothes on the top though.
Pusyamitra is offline  
Old November 24th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #145
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: varanasi uttar pradesh, india
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusyamitra View Post
I can't say I agree on the prudish part but sexual promiscuity was definitely frowned upon by all expect kings/kshatriyas.

The women barely wore many clothes on the top though.
okay so why in kalidas work we see the saheli of shakuntala hesitating in saying a simple statement that vishwamitra had copulated with menka to give birth to shakuntala?

there are bits and pieces that tell some vulgur pieces but as a whole indian society was quite prudish .

and that info on no chest cloth is wrong .

we just have sculptures as artistic convention and nothing more.

a buddhist work of maurya times describe that when buddha was not attracted by girls and their dances, they opened their bosoms.

the anti indians have gone a long way in spreading such nuisance.

also, huen tsang and fa hein never mentioned such things nor did the arab visitors or persians like alberuni.
avantivarman is offline  
Old November 24th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #146
Suspended until August 12th, 2014
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: USA
Posts: 668

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantivarman View Post
okay so why in kalidas work we see the saheli of shakuntala hesitating in saying a simple statement that vishwamitra had copulated with menka to give birth to shakuntala?

there are bits and pieces that tell some vulgur pieces but as a whole indian society was quite prudish .

and that info on no chest cloth is wrong .

we just have sculptures as artistic convention and nothing more.

a buddhist work of maurya times describe that when buddha was not attracted by girls and their dances, they opened their bosoms.

the anti indians have gone a long way in spreading such nuisance.

also, huen tsang and fa hein never mentioned such things nor did the arab visitors or persians like alberuni.
How about Kajuraho, Kamasutra, and Tantric cults?

Also in mythologies almost all rishis had sexy time with apsaras and veshyas were common.

The very fact that some girls wanted to seduce Buddha and even flashed him (opening bosom), which is done by drunk American girls, shows that India was not so prudish.
Pusyamitra is offline  
Old November 24th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #147
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: varanasi uttar pradesh, india
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusyamitra View Post
How about Kajuraho, Kamasutra, and Tantric cults?

Also in mythologies almost all rishis had sexy time with apsaras and veshyas were common.
kamasutra is just a book out of millions of books.

tantric cults were one vulgar aspect and khajuraho was built by tantric king Vidyadhara Chandella.

now rishis had such time but they do not show about prudishness of any society but about their loose morals. also it was to demonstrate that lust was uncontrollable that such stories were invented more than often.
avantivarman is offline  
Old November 24th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #148
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: varanasi uttar pradesh, india
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusyamitra View Post
How about Kajuraho, Kamasutra, and Tantric cults?

Also in mythologies almost all rishis had sexy time with apsaras and veshyas were common.

The very fact that some girls wanted to seduce Buddha and even flashed him (opening bosom), which is done by drunk American girls, shows that India was not so prudish.
oh come on, you are not getting my point.

to seduce buddha , these girls did that as last resort which shows that bosom was covered .

even now india has millions of such men and women and my point is that apart from clothing india has always been very prudish.

we never get to see such openly sexual content in dramas as in greeks nor do we see Sita talking about such things as Ayesha ( wife of muhammad did and if you read her talks you would realize hat muslims were not at all prudish ) .

there were only one people in ancient times who were more prudish than indians and it was chinese.
avantivarman is offline  
Old November 24th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #149
Suspended until August 12th, 2014
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: USA
Posts: 668

Isn't thailand which is affected by Indian culture the world sex capital?
Pusyamitra is offline  
Old November 24th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #150
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: varanasi uttar pradesh, india
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusyamitra View Post
Isn't thailand which is affected by Indian culture the world sex capital?
that degeneration started after 1950.
avantivarman is offline  
Reply

  Historum > World History Forum > Asian History

Tags
5000, china, civilization


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What would it take for a civilisation to remain superpower for over 5000 years? Satuf Speculative History 20 May 22nd, 2014 11:26 PM
What really made Western civilization dominant over the rest for the past 500 years? TruthSeeker1 European History 94 May 31st, 2012 06:01 PM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.