Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > European History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

European History European History Forum - Western and Eastern Europe including the British Isles, Scandinavia, Russia


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2016, 11:48 AM   #51
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Jul 2016
From: Europe
Posts: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotromanic View Post
Well, sir, the others were not in their first week as a member. So it was logical to assume that he was unaware of the policy.

Do you realize that assuming goodwill of others is one of the rules of this forum?

So please strive to practice assuming goodwill in the future.
Kill me already for not assuming goodwill from you. Also if such thing is prohibited, shouldn't the staff intervene already, I don't mean about new members that might not know rules very well, but about those old members who are basically not allowed to do such mistakes.

PS. I read as more rules that I could find, can't really find the ones you talk about, can you please post a link in here?

EDIT: LOL, I wrote "stuff instead of staff". Sorry.

Last edited by Ao Shin; July 20th, 2016 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Misspelled "staff"
Ao Shin is offline  
Remove Ads
Old July 20th, 2016, 12:04 PM   #52

Kotromanic's Avatar
McCartneynite-Lennonist
 
Joined: Dec 2011
From: Iowa USA
Posts: 3,992
Blog Entries: 1

"Originally Posted by diddyriddick View Post

After repeated attempts to moderate this particular topic, we have come to the regrettable conclusion that it is simply too volatile for civil discussion. Moreover, the science involved (genotype vs. phenotype/haplo-types etc) is beyond the scope and expertise of this group.

We have therefore decided to place the following rules on this topic:

1. By default, this topic will be placed into the Chamber with all the attendant rules. There will be ZERO tolerance.

2. Nobody on this forum is qualified to discuss the technical side of this important question-the moderators perhaps even less so. Accordingly, the only acceptable method of discussing it will be as an historical event/process. If we get into genotypes/phenotypes/haplo groups etc. the mods will act accordingly.

3. Just as we will hold the posters on this topic to the highest standard, so shall we hold the thread itself to the highest standard. The slightest problems and we will instantly and irrevocably close the thread.

If these measures seem draconian, keep in mind that the alternative is putting it completely off-limits; it's up to you the posters."

Originally posted by diddyriddick, JULY 2013

LINK
Kotromanic is offline  
Old July 20th, 2016, 12:05 PM   #53

Kotromanic's Avatar
McCartneynite-Lennonist
 
Joined: Dec 2011
From: Iowa USA
Posts: 3,992
Blog Entries: 1

"Kill you"!

I didn't say this forum would be a microaggression-free place!

best to you from Iowa.
Kotromanic is offline  
Old July 20th, 2016, 12:19 PM   #54
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Jul 2016
From: Europe
Posts: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotromanic View Post
"Originally Posted by diddyriddick View Post

After repeated attempts to moderate this particular topic, we have come to the regrettable conclusion that it is simply too volatile for civil discussion. Moreover, the science involved (genotype vs. phenotype/haplo-types etc) is beyond the scope and expertise of this group.

We have therefore decided to place the following rules on this topic:

1. By default, this topic will be placed into the Chamber with all the attendant rules. There will be ZERO tolerance.

2. Nobody on this forum is qualified to discuss the technical side of this important question-the moderators perhaps even less so. Accordingly, the only acceptable method of discussing it will be as an historical event/process. If we get into genotypes/phenotypes/haplo groups etc. the mods will act accordingly.

3. Just as we will hold the posters on this topic to the highest standard, so shall we hold the thread itself to the highest standard. The slightest problems and we will instantly and irrevocably close the thread.

If these measures seem draconian, keep in mind that the alternative is putting it completely off-limits; it's up to you the posters."

Originally posted by diddyriddick, JULY 2013

LINK
Thanks, very kind of you. It would have been kinda hard from me to find a post from 2013.
Ao Shin is offline  
Old July 20th, 2016, 01:14 PM   #55

deaf tuner's Avatar
hier is da feestje !!!
 
Joined: Oct 2013
From: Europe
Posts: 11,607
Blog Entries: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ao Shin View Post
Kill me already for not assuming goodwill from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ao Shin View Post
Thanks, very kind of you. It would have been kinda hard from me to find a post from 2013.
And maybe an old poster, knowing that, is simply giving a friendly advice to a new member and nothing else ?
deaf tuner is offline  
Old July 20th, 2016, 05:59 PM   #56

GasMask's Avatar
Archivist
 
Joined: May 2016
From: Antartica
Posts: 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaeltaja View Post
Well... That doesn't really answer the initial question at all. It was 'What makes Kosovo a Serbian land and why should it join Serbia?' Your argument only shows that it was - in the distant past - Serbian but it does not in any way indicate why that would make Kosovo a Serbian land now nor does it answer as to why it should join Serbia either.
Is this a troll question? Im not sure.
Lets make an analogy here: Vaeltaja owns a bike for 5 years. THen Gasmaska steals it. 10 years later Vaeltaja finds it and tries to retake it. Gasmaska asks: What makes this bike truly yours? Just because it was yours in distant past, why should you take it?
Nothing more to add.
GasMask is offline  
Old July 20th, 2016, 09:30 PM   #57

TupSum's Avatar
Scholar
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: Collapsed wave
Posts: 905

Umm, I see Bulgaria has been dragged in into this somehow. Just to clarify, Bulgaria has NO claim over ANY territories outside it's current borders.

I really hope Serbia will join the EU ASAP.
TupSum is offline  
Old July 20th, 2016, 10:13 PM   #58
Historian
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,326

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasMask View Post
Just because it was yours in distant past, why should you take it?
It doesn't quite work like that with nations and history. Your route opens door to historical revisionism. You might as well argue that since Ottomans controlled that area in the past it belongs to Turkey now. Or if we selectively pick the time period when Bulgars controlled it then it ought to belong to Bulgaria now wouldn't it? Or should we dig further back and just assign it for Italy since Roman Empire used to control that area? The route you suggests has only pitfalls in it, nothing else.
Vaeltaja is online now  
Old July 21st, 2016, 02:06 AM   #59

GasMask's Avatar
Archivist
 
Joined: May 2016
From: Antartica
Posts: 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaeltaja View Post
It doesn't quite work like that with nations and history. Your route opens door to historical revisionism. You might as well argue that since Ottomans controlled that area in the past it belongs to Turkey now. Or if we selectively pick the time period when Bulgars controlled it then it ought to belong to Bulgaria now wouldn't it? Or should we dig further back and just assign it for Italy since Roman Empire used to control that area? The route you suggests has only pitfalls in it, nothing else.
Countries that owned it before Serbie either dont claim it, or dont exist anymore.
GasMask is offline  
Old July 21st, 2016, 03:27 AM   #60
Historian
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,326

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasMask View Post
Countries that owned it before Serbie either dont claim it, or dont exist anymore.
Neither does the Serbia which owned those lands in the past exist any longer - that state has been gone for a long time. And those i named are essentially more or less successors of the states that used to own the area with exactly as valid claim to it as what Serbia does. Just because they don't assert their claim doesn't make their position any lesser on that issue. If you don't consider their ownership of it valid then why would consider that of Serbia?
Vaeltaja is online now  
Reply

  Historum > World History Forum > European History

Tags
join, kosovo, land, makes, serbia, serbian



Search tags for this page
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Land, Black Land. Is it a good book? Thessalonian History Book Reviews 3 August 22nd, 2011 01:04 PM
Kosovo from a Serbian Historian's Perspective crossroadclarence European History 60 December 26th, 2009 02:09 AM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.