Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > European History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

European History European History Forum - Western and Eastern Europe including the British Isles, Scandinavia, Russia


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #31
Historian
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Romania
Posts: 5,111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perix View Post
neither the highlanders are anymore what were when my grans were children, neither they were like when their grans were children, and probably will be less when my daughter will have children
If you have Gypsy ancestry, I didn't want to insult you in any way! Sincerely myself I am very mixed, really mixed, my father is 100% Romanian, my Mother is NOT at all, except if you consider Aromanians as being Romanians, but she has other ancestries also. What unites us all is that we love this country called "Romania", and we really care for her.

Last edited by Ficino; May 5th, 2012 at 02:48 PM.
Ficino is offline  
Remove Ads
Old May 5th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #32

Perix's Avatar
Golan&Imbarligator
 
Joined: Dec 2009
From: Romania
Posts: 9,697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ficino View Post
If you have Gypsy ancestry, I didn't want to insult you in any way! Sincerely myself I am very mixed, really mixed, my father is 100% Romanian, my Mother is NOT at all, except if you consider Aromanians as being Romanians, but she has other ancestries also. What unites us all is that we love this country called "Romania", and we care for her.
my ancestry is romanian, maybe except a german refugee from 1848, and an aromanian ancestor from 18 cnt, but i'd be no ashamed id i'd have gipsy blood. anyway, gipsies mixture with romanians is still a low percentage, both having preconceptions in this. what you refere toward low-landers are rather descendants from pechenegs, cumans, avars...i lived in bucharest 7 years, and i know it-i think you're too foccused on bad facets, and this make you little bit nazy, sorry i tell you
Perix is offline  
Old May 5th, 2012, 02:53 PM   #33
Historian
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Romania
Posts: 5,111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perix View Post
my ancestry is romanian, maybe except a german refugee from 1848, and an aromanian ancestor from 18 cnt, but i'd be no ashamed id i'd have gipsy blood. anyway, gipsies mixture with romanians is still a low percentage, both having preconceptions in this. what you refere toward low-landers are rather descendants from pechenegs, cumans, avars...
Low percentage? Come in Bucharest my friend, and take a walk. At what use "sa ne ascundem dupa degete", just look and see.

Last edited by Ficino; May 5th, 2012 at 03:14 PM.
Ficino is offline  
Old May 5th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #34

Perix's Avatar
Golan&Imbarligator
 
Joined: Dec 2009
From: Romania
Posts: 9,697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ficino View Post
Low percentage? Come in Bucharest my friend, and take I walk. At what use "sa ne ascundem dupa degete", just look and see.
yes, gipsies population of bucharest is big, and some of them are(even in an ironic way) more elevated than other gipsies. still gipsies are everywhere, and still bucharest is a small part of romania
and a common preconception which proove ignorance:gipsies from romania, bulgaria, hungary don't look like the ones from spain, britain...even they have strong genes, gipsy girls were intensely "balcanised " by their romanian lords, in middle ages

Last edited by Perix; May 5th, 2012 at 03:06 PM.
Perix is offline  
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #35
Historian
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Romania
Posts: 5,111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perix View Post
yes, gipsies population of bucharest is big, and some of them are(even in an ironic way) more elevated than other gipsies. still gipsies are everywhere, and still bucharest is a small part of romania
and a common preconception which proove ignorance:gipsies from romania, bulgaria, hungary don't look like the ones from spain, britain...even they have strong genes, gipsy girls were intensely "balcanised " by their romanian lords, in middle ages
What happens here is an expression of what happens generally in the shitty parts of country, but the Gypsies here are the most civilized, the most washed and perfumed ones. When I visited other (situated in the plains) regions of the country, the Gypsies from there would have been the eternal despise of the Gypsies from here, this is the "class" difference between them. The most numerous civilized and washed Gypsies are by far here, in Bucharest, but WTF, what has this to do with the Romanian language?
BTW: I don't like swarthy women.
Ficino is offline  
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #36

Perix's Avatar
Golan&Imbarligator
 
Joined: Dec 2009
From: Romania
Posts: 9,697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ficino View Post
BTW: I don't like swarthy women.
oh, yes, if i'd been rich boyar, i'd liked few...i guess you have to have some hungarian blood or something

Last edited by Perix; May 5th, 2012 at 03:39 PM.
Perix is offline  
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #37
Historian
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Romania
Posts: 5,111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perix View Post
oh, yes, if i'd been rich boyar, i'd liked few...i guess you have to have some hungarian blood or something
Why, because I don't like swarthy women? No, I have no Hungarian blood and I have no Transylvanian ancestry, my ancestors were all from the Old Kingdom.
Ficino is offline  
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #38

Perix's Avatar
Golan&Imbarligator
 
Joined: Dec 2009
From: Romania
Posts: 9,697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perix View Post
my ancestry is romanian, maybe except a german refugee from 1848, and an aromanian ancestor from 18 cnt,....
by the way: even if i am for sure more than 85% romanian, ironically my mother girl name is Pantzer(Panţer), and my name is Caramelea
Perix is offline  
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #39

Perix's Avatar
Golan&Imbarligator
 
Joined: Dec 2009
From: Romania
Posts: 9,697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ficino View Post
Why, because I don't like swarthy women? No, I have no Hungarian blood and I have no Transylvanian ancestry, my ancestors were all from the Old Kingdom.
well it is a saying about john huniady, accused why he is such lovelace...his answer was: "because i have vlach blood"
Perix is offline  
Old May 5th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #40
Historian
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Romania
Posts: 5,111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perix View Post
by the way: even if i am for sure more than 85% romanian, ironically my mother girl name is Pantzer(Panţer), and my name is Caramelea
And I have Greek and Austrian (German) blood, but they all felt Romanians. My mother's native language is Romanian, neither Greek, nor German. My mother's ancestry is Wallachian (from Teleorman and Bucharest), my father is half Oltenian-half Moldavian. Fortunately my both parents are still living, even if old.

Last edited by Ficino; May 5th, 2012 at 04:37 PM.
Ficino is offline  
Reply

  Historum > World History Forum > European History

Tags
language, romania, romanian



Search tags for this page
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would been prolonged WWII, if not romanian defection? Perix European History 19 March 24th, 2014 01:25 AM
Sources for Romanian peasants revolt 1907 and chichibu interest European History 0 December 9th, 2011 06:22 PM
Hello from Romania playeru New Users 16 July 13th, 2009 02:54 PM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.