Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > European History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

European History European History Forum - Western and Eastern Europe including the British Isles, Scandinavia, Russia


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 20th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #161

Davidius's Avatar
Varlet
 
Joined: Dec 2010
From: Pillium
Posts: 4,823

AfterTaut. That second newspaper article you posted (the one from the Montreal Gazette) contains glaring contradictions.
William Lindsey first says that it is not possible to kill people inside a gas chamber using zyklon B, he then says that the chambers leaked and that this would kill people outside! He also refers to 'the' gas chamber whereas there were seven chambers used for execution by gas.
Reliable witness? No.

Auschwitz Gas Chambers
Davidius is offline  
Remove Ads
Old December 20th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #162

redcoat's Avatar
Hiding behind the sofa
 
Joined: Nov 2010
From: Stockport Cheshire UK
Posts: 6,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterTaut View Post
That is not a label I would choose for myself, but if you're going to force me to wear it I will wear it as my yellow star
Pathetic bog standard remark from the holocaust deniers manual
redcoat is offline  
Old December 20th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #163

redcoat's Avatar
Hiding behind the sofa
 
Joined: Nov 2010
From: Stockport Cheshire UK
Posts: 6,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterTaut View Post
So your idea of history is to censor people you dont agree with
Ignoring is not censoring.
redcoat is offline  
Old December 20th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #164
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Dec 2013
From: Bleiburg
Posts: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidius View Post
AfterTaut. That second newspaper article you posted (the one from the Montreal Gazette) contains glaring contradictions.
William Lindsey first says that it is not possible to kill people inside a gas chamber using zyklon B, he then says that the chambers leaked and that this would kill people outside! He also refers to 'the' gas chamber whereas there were seven chambers used for execution by gas.
Reliable witness? No.

Auschwitz Gas Chambers
He of course is the expert and he gives several reasons why the gas chamber theory is wrong. The buildings supposedly used were unsuitable for this purpose.

This is a short newspaper cutting of his evidence and so suffers from that but he is the expert witness and he says no gas chambers. Its not for you to say whether he is a reliable witness or not, you're merely bringing your bias to the situation.
AfterTaut is offline  
Old December 21st, 2013, 01:42 AM   #165
Historian
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,367

he quite clearly says they were gas chambers, your chosen 'expert' completely demolishes your argument.

really you did read the link?
pugsville is offline  
Old December 21st, 2013, 03:17 AM   #166

Kevinmeath's Avatar
Acting Corporal
 
Joined: May 2011
From: Navan, Ireland
Posts: 12,556

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterTaut View Post
He of course is the expert and he gives several reasons why the gas chamber theory is wrong. The buildings supposedly used were unsuitable for this purpose.

This is a short newspaper cutting of his evidence and so suffers from that but he is the expert witness and he says no gas chambers. Its not for you to say whether he is a reliable witness or not, you're merely bringing your bias to the situation.
The trial was lost as were subsequent one's and much of the technical evidence of 'expert' witness' discredited (although David Irving was well impressed).
Kevinmeath is offline  
Old December 21st, 2013, 08:14 AM   #167

Davidius's Avatar
Varlet
 
Joined: Dec 2010
From: Pillium
Posts: 4,823

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterTaut View Post
He of course is the expert and he gives several reasons why the gas chamber theory is wrong.
All of which have been challenged or disproven in this case or elsewhere. As Kevinmeath says, he lost the case.

Quote:
This is a short newspaper cutting of his evidence and so suffers from that but he is the expert witness and he says no gas chambers.
Accepting the word of expert witnesses at face value and without challenge is naive and servile, that is why courts allow them to be cross examined instead of just swallowing whatever they say.
He says no gas chambers, thousands of camp survivors disagree, along with the physical evidence in the form of the chambers themselves, stockpiled Zyklon B etc.
If it comes down to his word against the word of thousands (victims and expert witnesses for the existence of camps) then the majority must be considered in the right.

Quote:
Its not for you to say whether he is a reliable witness or not, you're merely bringing your bias to the situation.
Just as he brings his bias to it, and you bring yours and anyone with an opinion brings theirs.
It is absolutely right for me to challenge him as an expert witness, he is not infallible and I consider it a moral duty to challenge holocaust deniers and their sick ideologies.
If you are so weak and easily led as to take his words at face value then that's your problem but you cannot expect me to keep quiet about it!
Davidius is offline  
Old December 21st, 2013, 11:28 AM   #168
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Dec 2013
From: Bleiburg
Posts: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoat View Post
Pathetic bog standard remark from the holocaust deniers manual
What on Earth is the "holocaust deniers manual" you silly woman?

Why do you continue to throw mud at the discussion, why does the 'holocaust' mean so much to you that you haunt a history site and offer no historical opinions or evidence?
AfterTaut is offline  
Old December 21st, 2013, 11:36 AM   #169
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Dec 2013
From: Bleiburg
Posts: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsville View Post
he quite clearly says they were gas chambers, your chosen 'expert' completely demolishes your argument.

really you did read the link?
He clearly says the buildings "that were called gas chambers", he rubbishes the notion that they could have been used as gas chambers.

They were too flimsy and if they had been used as gas chambers people outside them would also have been gassed.
AfterTaut is offline  
Old December 21st, 2013, 11:42 AM   #170
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Mar 2010
From: Czechoslovakia
Posts: 3,660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
Hitler always was such a softy wasn't he? That pretty much makes up for all the people he murdered. I think this thread will go where it will go, but when I read this article yesterday I was reminded that he was also a vegetarian, was against smoking, and was an all around jerk. I have never understood what the motivation was behind the Nazi persecution of the Jews. The Nazis were not particularly religious from what I can tell, they could not claim that Jewish people were a drain on society since they obviously were successful as a group, so I cannot even fathom what drove the Nazis in their hatred of Jewish people.
Nazis came to power during great depression which was very bad in Germany.
Jews just became a target of frustration but also way to aquire a huge money for the upcoming regime.
Excalibur is offline  
Reply

  Historum > World History Forum > European History

Tags
commander, hitler, jewish, ordered, protected, report, war



Search tags for this page
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Master and Commander: The Far Side Of The World SilverWolf History in Films and on Television 34 June 7th, 2014 04:28 PM
Hitler jewish himself? SudaniMujahid European History 8 December 4th, 2010 05:23 PM
Russia admits Stalin ordered Katyn massacre of Poles diddyriddick War and Military History 6 December 1st, 2010 01:25 PM
Official: KGB chief ordered Hitler's remains destroyed Fluffybunny War and Military History 2 December 15th, 2009 06:52 PM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.