Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > European History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

European History European History Forum - Western and Eastern Europe including the British Isles, Scandinavia, Russia


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #71

antonina's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Mar 2011
From: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 5,684

Russians seem to feel liberal means weak and weak means being invaded by the sinister outside world, encircling Russia from all sides and ready to pounce.

No wonder "liberal " (and "democrat") have become expletives."Liberal" = agent of the enemy = traitor. Who wants to be a traitor to Mother Russia?

Phew.
antonina is offline  
Remove Ads
Old November 20th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #72

Potap's Avatar
Scholar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: Mordor
Posts: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
No, we cannot. I love the motherland and the people too much. Of course, the common attitude of the Russian people usually upsets me. But children sometimes also upset parents, but it isn't a reason to leave children. Parents bring children up in order to make their children polite. We must follow the example.
It seems to me Russian people has too many parents. Some of them are impostors, I suspect.
Potap is offline  
Old November 20th, 2012, 10:30 AM   #73
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potap View Post
It seems to me Russian people has too many parents. Some of them are impostors, I suspect.
On the contrary, not much, people with conscience like artist who wrote a letter in support of Pussy Riot like Lungin, Basilashivili, Ryazanov, Akhidjakova, now deceased Strugatsky etc cetera
Pavel is offline  
Old November 20th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #74

Potap's Avatar
Scholar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: Mordor
Posts: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonina View Post
Russians seem to feel liberal means weak and weak means being invaded by the sinister outside world, encircling Russia from all sides and ready to pounce.

No wonder "liberal " (and "democrat") have become expletives."Liberal" = agent of the enemy = traitor. Who wants to be a traitor to Mother Russia?

Phew.
We must render homage to our liberals. They are very talented people. They needed 10 years only to bury liberal idea in Russia for ever. Even 70 years of communist propaganda could not do it.
Potap is offline  
Old November 20th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #75
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potap View Post
We must render homage to our liberals. They are very talented people. They needed 10 years only to bury liberal idea in Russia for ever. Even 70 years of communist propaganda could not do it.
When liberal ideas have been implemented in Russia?
Pavel is offline  
Old November 20th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #76

Potap's Avatar
Scholar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: Mordor
Posts: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
On the contrary, not much, people with conscience like artist who wrote a letter in support of Pussy Riot like Lungin, Basilashivili, Ryazanov, Akhidjakova, now deceased Strugatsky etc cetera
If Pussy Riot would be my parents. I'd prefer to be the orphan.
Potap is offline  
Old November 20th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #77

Potap's Avatar
Scholar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: Mordor
Posts: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
When liberal ideas have been implemented in Russia?
It was simulated at 90s by guys who used liberal rhetoric
Potap is offline  
Old November 20th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #78
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potap View Post
If Pussy Riot would be my parents. I'd prefer to be the orphan.
Has it ever occurred to you that Pussy Riot are not liberals but extreme feminists and a tad of Bolsheviks. But the people who came out in their support are liberals with conscience who couldn't silently watch them being unlawfully persecuted?
Pavel is offline  
Old November 20th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #79
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potap View Post
It was simulated at 90s by guys who used liberal rhetoric
Yes, Russia experienced a devious whiff of liberalism in 90s. But the only truly liberal thing in that time was the Constitution. Indeed, it was well-written, but it has never worked in Russia and the constitution is constantly abused by the authorities. I can tell you that none of Russian economical reforms in 90s was liberal.
Pavel is offline  
Old November 20th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #80

antonina's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Mar 2011
From: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 5,684

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
Has it ever occurred to you that Pussy Riot are not liberals but extreme feminists and a tad of Bolsheviks. But the people who came out in their support are liberals with conscience who couldn't silently watch them being unlawfully persecuted?
I agree with everything you say here. The unfortunate Pussies are a godsend to the current Russian government - among all the good things Western democracy has to offer they've chosen to absorb the most idiotic. They make Mr. Putin look sensible in comparison.

On the other hand, if I were Russian the absurd harshness of the punishment would also make me protest. All reaction their behaviour merited was shrugging one's shoulders.
antonina is offline  
Reply

  Historum > World History Forum > European History

Tags
feminism, soviet, union


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who was the leader of the Soviet Union? Qymaen General History 2 July 15th, 2012 06:28 PM
Housing in the Soviet Union Earl Byrhtnoth History Help 0 October 13th, 2011 07:20 AM
Collapse of the Soviet Union Isoroku295 General History 43 June 12th, 2011 01:09 PM
Attitude of Soviet Union towards Japan in WWII as Japan tried to seek Soviet mediation? curiositay History Help 3 February 22nd, 2010 02:40 PM
Soviet Union collapse Jazze History Book Reviews 8 September 22nd, 2008 05:33 AM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.