Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > European History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

European History European History Forum - Western and Eastern Europe including the British Isles, Scandinavia, Russia


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 11th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #121
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Nov 2009
From: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 3,760

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylla1 View Post
Not to mention within the same British Empire that had unilaterally sponsored his early career as leader of the Free French Forces for years.
According to "History by Sylla 1"
Edward is offline  
Remove Ads
Old December 11th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #122
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 19,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
According to "History by Sylla 1"
Anything relevant to add?

Evidence maybe, even if just for once?

What exactly did De Gaulle do that was so wonderful that day?

Did he save the Polish army from imminent defeat or anything like that?
sylla1 is offline  
Old December 11th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #123
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Nov 2009
From: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 3,760

look at post 119 for evidence, just accept the truth.
Edward is offline  
Old December 11th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #124
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 19,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
look at post 119 for evidence, just accept the truth.
Just blindly accepting the self-proclaimed truth from fallacious bare assertion just because you say so?
We have already been there myriad times, Ed.

I overtly disagree with the educated opinion of our Sam in his post #119, but that is still just an irrelevant red herring for the issue here.

Once again in elementary English: what exactly happened with Monsieur De Gaulle for deserving such famous and groundbreaking Polish medal?

Did he save the Polish army or anything like that?
sylla1 is offline  
Old December 11th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #125
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Nov 2009
From: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 3,760

Quote:
sylla1;1284548]Just blindly accepting the self-proclaimed truth from fallacious bare assertion just because you say so?
We have already been there myriad times, Ed.
With due respect, Sylla, I have been with you nowhere. I always detested your rhetoric comprising too many wards and no essence at all.
Quote:
I overtly disagree with the educated opinion of our Sam in his post #119, but that is still just an irrelevant red herring for the issue here.
You disagree with a every sources and opinion, so it is nothing new for me.IMO Sam is right, you are wrong.
Quote:
Once again in elementary English: what exactly happened with Monsieur De Gaulle for deserving such famous and groundbreaking Polish medal?Did he save the Polish army or anything like that?
Once again, what this has to do with this OP? Did i ever rised this issue? If yes, could give me post number?

Open your own Thread to discuss this than I may or may not answer this question. But I believe that Mosquito answer this question of yours in one of previous post. By the way, I consider this question as a very stupid and childish indeed.

Last edited by Edward; December 11th, 2012 at 09:30 PM.
Edward is offline  
Old December 11th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #126
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 19,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
With due respect, Sylla, I have been with you nowhere. I always detested your rhetoric comprising too many wards and no essence at all.

You disagree with a every sources and opinion, so it is nothing new for me.IMO Sam is right, you are wrong.

Once again, what this has to do with this OP? Did i ever rised this issue? If yes, could give me post number?

Open your own Thread to discuss this than I may or may not answer this question. But I believe that Mosquito answer this question of yours in one of previous post. By the way, I consider this question as a very stupid and childish indeed.
With respect, the only thing here that could be considered in your own words "stupid" or "childish" is some pathetic chauvinistic agenda that simply gives a terrible name to whatever it may so absurdly pretend to promote.

And yes; the desperate use of ad hominems and insults is indisputable evidence of the deepest ignorance.

Such easy rule of thumb never ever fails.

Last edited by sylla1; December 11th, 2012 at 10:08 PM.
sylla1 is offline  
Old December 11th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #127
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Nov 2009
From: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 3,760

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylla1 View Post
With respect, the only thing here that could be considered in your own words "stupid" or "childish" is some pathetic chauvinistic agenda that simply gives a terrible name to whatever it may so absurdly pretend to promote.

And yes; the desperate use of ad hominems and insults is indisputable evidence of the deepest ignorance.

Such easy rule of thumb never ever fails.
You could not be treated seriously, Sylla.I'm sorry that I endeavoured to do so.
Edward is offline  
Old December 11th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #128
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 19,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
You could not be treated seriously, Sylla.I'm sorry that I endeavoured to do so.
Don't worry; I'm perfectly able to treat anyone seriously here or elsewhere.

That said, any question actually related to the OP?
sylla1 is offline  
Old December 16th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #129
Suspended indefinitely
 
Joined: Nov 2009
From: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 3,760

Just one more example of Vichy collaboration with Nazi. With Vichy regime blessing, Germans organised so called French Gestapo. Quote below:
“The French Gestapo or Carlingue was the name given to French auxiliaries of the Gestapo, based at 93, rue Lauriston in the 16th arrondissement of Paris, and active between 1941 and 1944. It was headed by Henri Lafont and Pierre Loutrel. The group was formally named Active Group Hesse, after the German SS officer "who'd looked after its foundation"
This group drew its members from the same milieu as that of its leaders, the gangsters Henri Lafont and Pierre Loutrel, alias Pierrot le fou (Peter the Mad), or from those with a criminal background, for example Pierre Bonny, who was wanted by the police for misappropriation of funds and selling influence, and who was a central figure in the Seznec and Stavisky affairs. Their links with the occupiers granted them many contacts with disreputable figures like Joseph Joanovici. They originated from the North African Brigade, made up of Muslims devoted to the Nazi cause, which was involved in suppressing the Maquis in Tulle.
According to the retired policeman Henri Longuechaud, "one might be scandalised by the numbers of 30,000 to 32,000 sometimes quoted [as Carlingue's members]. In Paris, when the occupier launched a recruitment drive for 2,000 auxiliary policeman in their service, they received no fewer than 6,000 candidates."
Its principal members were tried and condemned on the Liberation.”
Edward is offline  
Reply

  Historum > World History Forum > European History

Tags
pétain, sides, swap, wwii


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it proper that de Gaulle judged whether Pétain is guilty? Samus European History 1 April 10th, 2012 01:31 AM
Why did a revolution occur under Louis Philippe? jeroenrottgering European History 1 August 24th, 2011 09:20 PM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.