Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > General History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

General History General History Forum - General history questions and discussions


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2017, 11:23 PM   #151
Historian
 
Joined: Dec 2014
From: Spain
Posts: 5,358

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptingman View Post
There are many MORE native americans in certain areas, today, than in the period prior to european conquest.

That is because western technologies can support larger populations,

And also because many tribes still consider you a member even if you have only 1/32 native ancestry.


The aztec, who had sophisticated irrigated agricultural technology, numbered perhaps as many as 20 million prior to Cortez.

And recent findings suggest that what killed two thirds of them off was actually salmonella.

Interesting what you writes.. so how do you explain the number of indians is possible to see in Mexico DF and the short number of indians is possible to see in Los Ángeles.... Or maybe do you think in Florida it is possible to see the same numbers of Indians than in Yucatán....? In Florida, the Spaniards arrived in 1513, in Yucatán in 1517.... where´s the difference? that anglo-americans settled in Florida from 1821 but not in Yucatan...
that´s the only difference between Florida and Yucatán.. the same history.. both lands belonged to the same Crown, the same Empire, the same King, the same churches, the same fortress... everything is the same between Florida and Yucatán

A spanish church in Yucatan

Click the image to open in full size.

Wheres is the difference? 1821 and the anglo-american settled in Florida...or if you prefer, the arrival of Protestants to Florida in 1821.

I don´t say all protestants were racist and indians killer.. in fact, only a minority.. but most of indian killers and racist were (and are) protestants...

A Protestant Church and his Protestant "boys"...

Click the image to open in full size.

This one it is (literally) impossible to see in a Catholic Church.. Calvinus, Calvinus.. always Calvinus..the demonic Calvinus...
.
Calvin is recognized as a Renewer of the Church in Lutheran churches, and as a saint in the Church of England, commemorated on 26 May, and on 28 May by the Episcopal Church (USA).
martin76 is offline  
Remove Ads
Old February 22nd, 2017, 11:28 PM   #152

Edric Streona's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Feb 2016
From: Japan
Posts: 3,180

Explain the numbers of Indians in Trinidad ? Barbados? Jamaica? Dominica?

Spaniards directly killed more Indians than all the Protestants put together. Any Indian that didn't convert was killed or enslaved.
Edric Streona is offline  
Old February 22nd, 2017, 11:54 PM   #153
Historian
 
Joined: Dec 2014
From: Spain
Posts: 5,358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edric Streona View Post
Explain the numbers of Indians in Trinidad ? Barbados? Jamaica? Dominica?

Spaniards directly killed more Indians than all the Protestants put together. Any Indian that didn't convert was killed or enslaved.
Edric,

The thread is why so short number of indians in USA-Australia-New Zealand...
In Caribbean indians most died by illness and I don´t speak about good or bad... but why more indians in Texas or Florida than in New Hampshire or Vermont...or more in Yucatan than in Florida or in Tamaulipas than in Los Angeles...

Maybe you have your own theory.. but not explained yet...Indians were not enslaved because the Spanish Laws banned the slavery of Indians as I wrote...Or maybe do you think I´ve falsified the 16th Century original texts?

So, I would like you explain why so short number of Indians in the former British Dominions as NH or Maine...or in Australia or in New Zealand...

This is from Australia...

Click the image to open in full size.

The origin protestant of racism (in Spanish). And the most racist of them: Calvinus, calvinus, the Evil Calvinus...and the Predestination and the fair prosperus...

The Spanish Missionaries in Urubamba (early 20th Century) Amazonas

Click the image to open in full size.


TThe Catholic Church always hold the Indians were "God´s sons".. That the rreason because in Catholic former dominions countries.. you can find Mixed, Mestizos (Spanish, French, Portuguese) but never between protestants (Boers, for example) or the Protestant Organization Ku-Klux-Klan...

A Protestant group in 2013 in Mississippi (a Catholic land till the Protestants emigrated there in 19th Century and brought with them their racist theories).

Click the image to open in full size.

Edric,

You knwo history.. and you will know nor French nor Spaniards organized any "KKK" in Mississippi... Only Protestant just did it...
martin76 is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2017, 04:13 AM   #154

mark87's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Jan 2014
From: Santiago de Chile
Posts: 1,941
Blog Entries: 1

More cherry picking I see...sectarian cherry picking while we are on it...When I have more time I'll show our friends what happened when protestants arrived in Chile after the colonial days were over and how they were received by the catholic nation whose religion and worldview was an inheritance of Spanish colonialism...
mark87 is online now  
Old February 23rd, 2017, 11:38 AM   #155

Kevinmeath's Avatar
Acting Corporal
 
Joined: May 2011
From: Navan, Ireland
Posts: 12,971

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
The issue is easy... why so little number of natives in british countries as Canada, Australia, New Zealand...? For me it is clear...it is the protestantism...
Yes its clear you hold bigoted sectarian views on the matter but while you mention it have you got any idea how many Maori there are in New Zealand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
some people say it is not the protestantism (KKK, Boers, Rhodesia, Northern Ireland...)...

Then they would be wise to say that and cherry picking different event in order to 'prove' that all Protestants are racist is foolish.

What has Northern Ireland got to do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
So, if for them it is not the protestantism...what´s so?....................................
They would be correct One 'Religion' is not inherently racist while another is inherently non-racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
...............In contrast, the French, Spanish, and Portuguese explorers and conquerors were responsible to monarchs who were nominally regulated by the Pope in world affairs.............................
Sorry these 'explorers and conquerors ' were responsible for the wholesale destruction of complete Indian civilisations. Even the briefest reading on the subject shows that they often completely ignored any attempt by Spanish authorities to restrict the abuse of Indians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
.........The Crown of Spain cared indians from 1493...and it was the Catholic Monarch who signatured the Laws of Burgos in 1512 (The first laws in the world for the protection of indians

They may have passed laws that doesn't mean they were enforced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
................Spain banned slavery of Indians exactly 277 years before Great Britain banned the traffic in 1807...........
No Britain banned all slavery not one group (and why would they do that anyway when you claim that they were inherently racist?) and the abuse of the Indians in condition close to slavery continued anyway.




Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
..............And nobody here want to recognize this fact.. Catholics protected Natives. Protestant not. Maybe because of the Calvinus theories about Pre-destination or maybe because of Pilgrim....................
Its not a fact at all but rather your own opinion, the Calvinists are just one group of Protestants--- the British are Anglican on the whole.


Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
............Facts are facts.. and nothing more than Facts... When the Spanish catholics organized a kind of KKK in Philippines, Texas, Florida, Mexico, El Salvador, Paraguay, Guinea... when and where?
But they are not facts just your opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
I will say.. NEVER... The Crown and the Church would have never tolerated.
Actually as you claim they passed laws to supposedly protect the natives but they were ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
It is the Calvinus heritage... friends.. the Calvinus heritage...for good (Industrial Revolution) and for evil (the Protestant racism from Britain and Netherland), the "Predestination"...
But as has been explained to you there isn't just Calvinists in the Protestant Churches -- please explain how the Quakers are racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
Edric,

The thread is why so short number of indians in USA-Australia-New Zealand...
Well actually since you claim that the British and indeed all Protestants are inherently racist and that Catholics are not how they behaved in other parts of the world is highly relevant ,you find mentioning Apartheid legitimate because it would seem to support your sectarian thesis but object to a poster pointing to other areas that do not? not very honest of you really.

How doe you explain the British treatment of Pacific islanders for instance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
In Caribbean indians most died by illness and I don´t speak about good or bad... but why more indians in Texas or Florida than in New Hampshire or Vermont...or more in Yucatan than in Florida or in Tamaulipas than in Los Angeles...
May be its because the type of emigration to North and South America was very different in nature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
Maybe you have your own theory.. but not explained yet...

As above the type(and number) of migrants was very different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
........Indians were not enslaved because the Spanish Laws banned the slavery of Indians as I wrote...Or maybe do you think I´ve falsified the 16th Century original texts? ....................
They were enslaved and when this was declared illegal the good catholic ignored it or found other ways to exploit the Indians and treated them almost as badly as slaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
This is from Australia...
From Protestant 'racist' Britain.
Click the image to open in full size.

There was even one of the first consumer boycotts of goods associated with the slave trade-- how can that happen in an 'Ultra-racist' country?

Click the image to open in full size.

A slave being freed by the Navy of a racist Protestant country.

Click the image to open in full size.

The racist Protestant HMS Black Joke runs down the Catholic non-racist Spanish slaveship the Almirante with a cargo of slaves destined the non-racist Catholic country of Brazil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
And the most racist of them: Calvinus, calvinus, the Evil Calvinus...and the Predestination and the fair prosperus...
Whether Calvinists are Evil or not is debateable to say the least but even if they were (which I doubt) they are only a small part of the Protestant Churches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
The Spanish Missionaries in Urubamba (early 20th Century) Amazonas........
What are you claiming there were no Protestant missionaries ?



Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
.........Mixed, Mestizos (Spanish, French, Portuguese) but never between protestants (Boers, for example) or the Protestant Organization Ku-Klux-Klan...
How do you explain the 'Coloured' people of South Africa? or the Anglo-Indians or the mixed race people in New Zealand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin76 View Post
A Protestant group in 2013 in Mississippi (a Catholic land till the Protestants emigrated there in 19th Century and brought with them their racist theories)....................
The land was virtually empty so not really 'Catholic' at all and one Protestant group that is racist does not automatically make all Protestant racist.

One paedophile Priest doesn't make all Priest such!
Kevinmeath is online now  
Old February 23rd, 2017, 01:23 PM   #156

Edric Streona's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Feb 2016
From: Japan
Posts: 3,180

Spain was a big slaving nation.
Indians were enslaved everywhere. A standard missionary tactic was to enter a village and tell the natives they were now Spanish and their choices were to convert or be killed /enslaved. The Spanish did this freely.
Native culture was despised.
It was widespread ethnic cleansing.
On a greater scale than in N.A.

The OP asks why so few. True. You bring in ridiculous sectarianism as your argument. (I'm an atheist btw) so I'm free to cite clearly why your wrong. The Spanish. Catholics. Exterminated Indians and Indian culture everywhere. The British and Dutch did not. I do not claim they were not racist. Or they were not perfect. The treated natives badly. But NOT because of religion. This is obvious as Catholics were both present in British administration and military (no difference in attitude) and Spanish Catholics were monstrously racist.

If as you claim protestants were religiously predisposed to brutakise natives then we can see the same trend in EVERY British and Dutch colony. Yet in India the natives were not reduced. Nor in any African colony. Or in NZ.

The only places they dwindled were in the primative sparsely populated areas. They could not compete on a population level. Plain to see. Stone Age cultures can't survive. They adapt or get out bred and out fought.

That's why there only small numbers of natives in North America. There was t many to begin with. They were swamped by whites and blacks with better farming and weaponry.
Edric Streona is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2017, 01:25 PM   #157

Edric Streona's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Feb 2016
From: Japan
Posts: 3,180

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slav...World_colonies
Edric Streona is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2017, 01:28 PM   #158

Edric Streona's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Feb 2016
From: Japan
Posts: 3,180

Image Information

Contenpiry report by native Andean complaining about treatment of slaves (Indian and African) by SPANISH.
Edric Streona is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2017, 01:30 PM   #159

Edric Streona's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Feb 2016
From: Japan
Posts: 3,180

deleted
Edric Streona is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2017, 01:39 PM   #160

Edric Streona's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Feb 2016
From: Japan
Posts: 3,180

And the KKK. Bastards. But not relevent.
Less bloody than the inquisition.
They also had little to do with natives. Show evidence of KKK activity in Canada? Or N.I.? Or South Africa?
Edric Streona is offline  
Reply

  Historum > World History Forum > General History

Tags
australia, canada, natives, zealand



Search tags for this page
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why didn't New Zealand and Fiji join Australia? WeisSaul Asian History 42 February 27th, 2017 06:30 AM
Historic sites in Australia and New Zealand weezer17 Asian History 0 April 29th, 2015 05:34 PM
Canada vs Australia Toltec Speculative History 33 November 13th, 2009 08:15 PM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.