Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > General History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

General History General History Forum - General history questions and discussions


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2018, 11:43 AM   #1
Citizen
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: West
Posts: 17
Racist genocides were made by other "races" before whites jumped out from Europe


I was reading about mythology in Black Africa a couple of years ago, and I understood how different waves of human expansion elaborated the "racial" composition of the African continent.

Well, it seems "negroid" (sorry for the racist-sounding word but I cant find any other way of expressing the idea) expansion and their Bantu branch expansion provoked a vast reduction in pygmy territory and population, meaning they would only last in some areas of the Congo River basin, (even in the 1990's some pygymies were getting enslaved during RDC wars) while Khoisan people in Southern Africa were also slaughtered and cornered by Bantu expansion, before the arrival of the Dutch who in turn would dominate over both Bantu and Khoisan (and later English would dominate over Dutch). Khoisans are lighter skinned than "Niger-Congo" people and their eyes are kind of almond-shaped.

Click the image to open in full size.
Bombarda55 is offline  
Remove Ads
Old April 15th, 2018, 01:51 PM   #2

Davidius's Avatar
Varlet
 
Joined: Dec 2010
From: Pillium
Posts: 4,865

I don't think that any (reputable) historian has claimed that white Europeans are solely responsible for all genocide.

What's your point here?
Davidius is offline  
Old April 16th, 2018, 05:45 AM   #3

Zip's Avatar
Zip
Archivist
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: San Antonio
Posts: 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidius View Post
I don't think that any (reputable) historian has claimed that white Europeans are solely responsible for all genocide.

What's your point here?

His point his obvious, itís why he wants to make it that I wonder.
Zip is offline  
Old April 16th, 2018, 07:21 AM   #4
Citizen
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: West
Posts: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
His point his obvious, itís why he wants to make it that I wonder.

And what is that "obvious point" you seem so cleverly to see?
Bombarda55 is offline  
Old April 16th, 2018, 07:29 AM   #5
Historian
 
Joined: Dec 2015
From: USA
Posts: 2,069

Who here is arguing that genocide is the invention or action of whites and only whites?
ameteurhistorian is online now  
Old April 16th, 2018, 08:19 AM   #6

robto's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 5,565

You can use the word "Bantu" or "Niger-Congo West Africans" instead of "Negroid" if it makes you comfortable.

Back to the issue, no one says that Racist genocides weren't made by other "races" before whites jumped out from Europe. We have very well-known cases of genocides committed in Ancient Near East (are Middle Easterners white or non-white to you?) and the famous Mongol and Turkic conquests that annihilated the previous Indo-European inhabitants of Central Asia during Late Antiquity and the Middle Ages.

Besides, how exactly do you know that the Bantus migrants committed genocide against the pygmy and Khoisan natives in their move towards southern Africa? Populations can be replaced without genocide, and other replacement events had been happening throughout our human history in every continent.
robto is offline  
Old April 16th, 2018, 08:34 AM   #7
Citizen
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: West
Posts: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by robto View Post
You can use the word "Bantu" or "Niger-Congo West Africans" instead of "Negroid" if it makes you comfortable.

Back to the issue, no one says that Racist genocides weren't made by other "races" before whites jumped out from Europe. We have very well-known cases of genocides committed in Ancient Near East (are Middle Easterners white or non-white to you?) and the famous Mongol and Turkic conquests that annihilated the previous Indo-European inhabitants of Central Asia during Late Antiquity and the Middle Ages.

Besides, how exactly do you know that the Bantus migrants committed genocide against the pygmy and Khoisan natives in their move towards southern Africa? Populations can be replaced without genocide, and other replacement events had been happening throughout our human history in every continent.


Because the trace of Khoisans starts getting lost at certain point, and it makes sense with historical records and oral traditions.

Khoisans were not only at the Kalahari Desert, they also populated present day-Angola, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, etc


Click the image to open in full size.
Khoisan rock art, representing a Bantu warrior armed with a shield

Last edited by Bombarda55; April 16th, 2018 at 08:39 AM.
Bombarda55 is offline  
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:53 AM   #8
Lecturer
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: Ohio
Posts: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
His point his obvious, itís why he wants to make it that I wonder.
I too am curious what this obvious point is, cause I assure you I am not catching it.




Back to the post. As others have mentioned, I can assure you whites weren't the only once committing genocide, and we have known this for ages. Just like there is ant a single color of person who hasn't been in slavery. (correct me if I'm wrong)
TheMusicMan is offline  
Old April 16th, 2018, 06:14 PM   #9
Historian
 
Joined: Aug 2014
From: Portugal
Posts: 1,165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombarda55 View Post
Because the trace of Khoisans starts getting lost at certain point, and it makes sense with historical records and oral traditions.

Khoisans were not only at the Kalahari Desert, they also populated present day-Angola, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, etc


Click the image to open in full size.
Khoisan rock art, representing a Bantu warrior armed with a shield
I'd like to know more about the historical records and oral traditions supporting the genocide of khoisan by the bantu speaking population. Do you have references?

I am not doubting you. In other parts of the world an other points in history people were replaced. The first europeans are long gone as far as I know. I don't think khoisan could compete for the same territories against people with iron weapons. But that does not mean necessarily genocide.

Only if it is a deliberate extermination of a people, or part of that people.
Pict is offline  
Old April 16th, 2018, 06:38 PM   #10
Historian
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: USA
Posts: 1,937

There were several population displacements across the world in pre-historic times, and historic times, as a result of invasions or migrations such as:
- Indo-European expansion
- Turkic migrations/invasions
- Modern humans out of Africa making Neaderthal go extinct
- Arab invasions/expansion
- Han Chinese expansion into Southeast Asia
- So on and on.

All these happened at the expense of other peoples. But I wouldn't call them genocide. It was not a planned extermination of peoples. There is no evidence that these were racist either.
kandal is online now  
Reply

  Historum > World History Forum > General History

Tags
europe, genocides, jumped, races, racist, whites



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Understanding the book "The Pride of the Blacks over the Whites" gravyten577 Middle Eastern and African History 7 February 6th, 2015 04:27 PM
Has "Game of Thrones" jumped the shark? Discuss...(WARNING: SPOILERS) Strontium90 History in Films and on Television 8 April 15th, 2014 01:44 AM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.