Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > History Help Forum > History Help
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

History Help History Help and Homework Forum - Pre-University and University History Help and Homework Questions


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #11

funakison's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Between a rock and a hard place
Posts: 3,409
Blog Entries: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnaeus View Post
Possible Suggestions (i.e. my favourites)

Amenemhat I
Kashta
Senusret II
Akhenaten
Tantamani

yes i agree that Akhenaten deserves a brief mention, if only on how not to be a great Pharoah
funakison is online now  
Remove Ads
Old November 6th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #12

Historyen's Avatar
Archivist
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: mesopotamia
Posts: 215

here is how I ended my video

egypt1 1 - YouTube

any suggestions would be appreciated.
still working on improving the included map + adding 2 more pictures

Last edited by Historyen; November 6th, 2012 at 03:59 PM.
Historyen is offline  
Old November 7th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #13

Gnaeus's Avatar
Archivist
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Toronto
Posts: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historyen View Post
Akhenaton is definitely in it
Thr entire 18th Dynasty is really interesting. Along with the 12th and 25th.
Gnaeus is offline  
Old November 9th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #14

Historyen's Avatar
Archivist
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: mesopotamia
Posts: 215

Doing an educatinal video about Egypt new kingdom:

Egypt New Kingdom - YouTube

I tried to include all the important events during new kingdom but would appreciate if anyone knows of any other significant events from beginning of new kingdom to Ramseas III reign.
Historyen is offline  
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #15

Gnaeus's Avatar
Archivist
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Toronto
Posts: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historyen View Post
Doing an educatinal video about Egypt new kingdom:

Egypt New Kingdom - YouTube

I tried to include all the important events during new kingdom but would appreciate if anyone knows of any other significant events from beginning of new kingdom to Ramseas III reign.
The Battle of the Delta c. 1175 B.C.E. should be in it. That's where the Peleset, Weshesh, Sherden etc. appear to have been stopped and where Egypt was saved. Although you might want to make an entire video on the collapse of the Bronze Age.

Also of course the Battle of Kadesh, the first battle anyone knows anything about.

Also the Assyrian Conquest and the Kushite Conquest are fascinating, as Egypt went from one foreign dynasty to another.
Gnaeus is offline  
Old November 17th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #16

Frank81's Avatar
Guanarteme
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From: Canary Islands-Spain
Posts: 2,552

Just recently I though on this subject. The New Kingdom is full of very interesting characters, in chronological order:

Hatshepsut (the fascinating female pharao)
Thutmosis III (the one that achieved the largest expansion)
Akhenaton (a revolutionary)
Ramses II (a megalomaniac)
Ramses III (he defeated the Sea Peoples)

Also Nefertiti and Tutankhamun should be remembered, because of their strong footsprint on popular culture.
Frank81 is offline  
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #17

Historyen's Avatar
Archivist
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: mesopotamia
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank81 View Post
Just recently I though on this subject. The New Kingdom is full of very interesting characters, in chronological order:

Hatshepsut (the fascinating female pharao)
Thutmosis III (the one that achieved the largest expansion)
Akhenaton (a revolutionary)
Ramses II (a megalomaniac)
Ramses III (he defeated the Sea Peoples)

Also Nefertiti and Tutankhamun should be remembered, because of their strong footsprint on popular culture.
Thank you Frank81, I did exactly that
but do not forget the importance of Kamose and Ahmose I.

Here is the video :

The New Kingdom - YouTube
Historyen is offline  
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #18

Historyen's Avatar
Archivist
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: mesopotamia
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnaeus View Post
The Battle of the Delta c. 1175 B.C.E. should be in it. That's where the Peleset, Weshesh, Sherden etc. appear to have been stopped and where Egypt was saved. Although you might want to make an entire video on the collapse of the Bronze Age.

Also of course the Battle of Kadesh, the first battle anyone knows anything about.

Also the Assyrian Conquest and the Kushite Conquest are fascinating, as Egypt went from one foreign dynasty to another.
Thank you Gnaeus, Kadesh and Delta Battles both mentioned in my video:

The New Kingdom - YouTube
Historyen is offline  
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:39 PM   #19

Historyen's Avatar
Archivist
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: mesopotamia
Posts: 215

Worked very hard on this video, hope everyone like it and any suggestions or corrections are appreciated


The New Kingdom - YouTube
Historyen is offline  
Old January 6th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #20

Historyen's Avatar
Archivist
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: mesopotamia
Posts: 215

Thanks for all the suggestions and replies


The New Kingdom - YouTube
Historyen is offline  
Reply

  Historum > History Help Forum > History Help

Tags
egypt, kingdom, pharaohs


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Ptolemies - a Greek kingdom in Egypt Salah Ancient History 20 October 16th, 2014 08:34 AM
Egypt pharaohs & the Bible BMT Middle Eastern and African History 159 January 10th, 2012 03:11 AM
New Dates for Pharaohs of Egypt Widdekind Ancient History 12 July 31st, 2010 10:50 PM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.