Need help with American History Questions.
Hello everyone! I am doing my history class study guide at the moment and I would like to hear you're insight on some of these questions. Thanks!
1. How did American society change in the five decades following the ratification of the Constitution? In what ways did technology and economics drive these changes?
2. How did the status of women in the United States change from the ratification of the Constitution up through the end of the Civil War? Did these changes vary from the North to the South to the West?
3. Starting with the Mexican-American War, what were the major events that contributed to the coming of the Civil War? Would the Civil War have happened in the absence of these events?
4. In what ways did African Americans, both enslaved and free, shape American society and politics in the four decades before the start of the Civil War?
5. What were the strengths and weaknesses of the Union and the Confederacy during the Civil War? To what extent did these reflect the nature of northern and southern society before the war?