Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > Middle Eastern and African History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

Middle Eastern and African History Middle Eastern and African History Forum - Egypt, Syria, Israel, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and all nations of Africa and the Arabian Peninsula


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2017, 04:35 PM   #31

The Reality's Avatar
Scholar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Ireland, Dublin
Posts: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandal View Post
Sub Saharan Africa, that was not influenced from the outside never developed civilizations of its own. It remained too tribal and primitive.
Name a place besides the few cradles that has ever developed civilization without influence, you can't because such a place doesn't exist.
The Reality is offline  
Remove Ads
Old April 28th, 2017, 04:37 PM   #32
Historian
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: USA
Posts: 1,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reality View Post
Name a place besides the few cradles that has ever developed civilization without influence, you can't because such a place doesn't exist.
Amerindian civilizations: Mayan, Aztec, and Inca.
kandal is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 04:41 PM   #33

The Reality's Avatar
Scholar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Ireland, Dublin
Posts: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandal View Post
Amerindian civilizations: Mayan, Aztec, and Inca.
They are an exception because no one else has done what they have from scratch
The Reality is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 04:45 PM   #34
Historian
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: USA
Posts: 1,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reality View Post
They are an exception because no one else has done what they have from scratch
Well why couldn't the Sub Saharan (Black) Africans do that? Why couldn't the Australian Aborigines do that?
kandal is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 04:47 PM   #35

The Reality's Avatar
Scholar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Ireland, Dublin
Posts: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandal View Post
Well why couldn't the Sub Saharan (Black) Africans do that? Why couldn't the Australian Aborigines do that?
Why couldn't most Europeans create a civilization without influence? Why couldn't most Asians create a civilization without influence from Ancient China?
The Reality is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 04:48 PM   #36
Historian
 
Joined: Dec 2015
From: USA
Posts: 1,474

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandal View Post
Sub Saharan Africa, that was not influenced from the outside never developed civilizations of its own. It remained too tribal and primitive.
The Kongo Kingdom, Kush, Imperial Ghana, Benin, Ashanti empire, Ife-Ife, Dahomey, Aksum, Zimbabwe, and many others are all Sub-Saharan polities that developed organically and indigenously without outside influences, long before Christianity or Islam.
ameteurhistorian is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 04:49 PM   #37
Archivist
 
Joined: May 2016
From: US
Posts: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandal View Post
Well why couldn't the Sub Saharan (Black) Africans do that? Why couldn't the Australian Aborigines do that?
Why couldn't Euopeans do that? We don't know, it just didn't happen.
wskim is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 04:54 PM   #38
Historian
 
Joined: Dec 2015
From: USA
Posts: 1,474

Quote:
Originally Posted by wskim View Post
Why couldn't Euopeans do that? We don't know, it just didn't happen.
If it weren't for the Greeks and Romans, most of Europe would've been organized into clans, tribes, and shifting leagues than cities and nation-states.

A local example proves to create the better model of civilization (China, Greece/Rome, Egypt, Sumeria, Persia) and so it becomes popular to those who interact with it.
ameteurhistorian is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 04:57 PM   #39

The Reality's Avatar
Scholar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Ireland, Dublin
Posts: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameteurhistorian View Post
If it weren't for the Greeks and Romans, most of Europe would've been organized into clans, tribes, and shifting leagues than cities and nation-states.

A local example proves to create the better model of civilization (China, Greece/Rome, Egypt, Sumeria, Persia) and so it becomes popular to those who interact with it.
In all fairness, Egypt wouldn't of developed without Nubia/Kush/Nile Valley

Exactly, I wonder wha the western world would look like if Rome and Greece's influence never expanded to western europe
The Reality is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 04:57 PM   #40
Historian
 
Joined: Dec 2015
From: USA
Posts: 1,474

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reality View Post
In all fairness, Egypt wouldn't of developed without Nubia/Kush/Nile Valley
And vice-versa. It's a little vague.
ameteurhistorian is offline  
Closed Thread

  Historum > World History Forum > Middle Eastern and African History

Tags
africa, civilizations, debunking, interior, left, myth, mythwhy, refuting



Search tags for this page
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Arabic Golden Age" myth vs. Ibn Khaldun - which is true? Amga Middle Eastern and African History 29 May 30th, 2016 02:57 PM
Where did this myth of a "flood" of european slaves in the barbary coast begin? moe101 Middle Eastern and African History 81 November 14th, 2015 03:21 AM
"Stalin" "Black myth" of the security officers: NKVD troops in World War II kekau92 European History 0 June 11th, 2013 01:40 PM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.