Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > World History Forum > Middle Eastern and African History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

Middle Eastern and African History Middle Eastern and African History Forum - Egypt, Syria, Israel, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and all nations of Africa and the Arabian Peninsula


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #1

Mohammed the Persian's Avatar
Persicus Maximus
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Bahrain
Posts: 9,988
Blog Entries: 15
The Kurds and Turkey


What's the big deal ? I mean, Kurds always said they wanted independence but they don't get it.
So they resort to terrorism ? I don't get it. I just heard 10 Turkish soldiers were killed and now that Turkey is bombing Kurdish places in the Iraqi mountains

And on a completely different note: I want to use this emote !
Mohammed the Persian is offline  
Remove Ads
Old August 17th, 2011, 12:43 PM   #2

Satuf's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Nov 2009
From: Nebraska
Posts: 3,467

Kurds are the largest state-less nation on Earth. Enough said.
Satuf is offline  
Old August 17th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #3

turkishwolf's Avatar
Academician
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: -
Posts: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammed the Persian View Post
What's the big deal ? I mean, Kurds always said they wanted independence but they don't get it.
So they resort to terrorism ? I don't get it. I just heard 10 Turkish soldiers were killed and now that Turkey is bombing Kurdish places in the Iraqi mountains

And on a completely different note: I want to use this emote !
Some of them want independence but we cant say that all of them want that. They resort to terrorism since 1984 but they are not alone on this way.
They have huge international support by guns,buy money,by politic support.
Today 12 Turkish soldiers killed by Pkk and Turkey is not bombing Kurdish places in Iraq.Turkey is bombing Kandin mountain and this mountain is on iraq iran border but in iraq country.On this mountain pkk has huge camp, ammunition store, logistics department.Some pkk leaders live here too.
turkishwolf is offline  
Old August 17th, 2011, 12:55 PM   #4

irishcrusader95's Avatar
None shall pass!
 
Joined: Aug 2010
From: Ireland
Posts: 6,731
Blog Entries: 4

what is Turkeys reason for not giving them a state, seems like there more trouble then their worth but are they in a minority in their regions or a majority. what i mean is, in the areas were they are carrying out these attack is the population almost entirely Kurds or is their a large turkish population there as well.
irishcrusader95 is offline  
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:05 PM   #5

turkishwolf's Avatar
Academician
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: -
Posts: 93

why must Turkey give them a state?
For what?
They have no kurdish area in Turkey, they live everywhere in Turkey,They are equal with other people in Turkey, they are free, we had kurdish president of rebuplic,prime minister.
Some of our ministers, generals are kurdish.
We have all things in common.
So why must Turkey give them a state?
Its just a big politic game by foreign supports.
turkishwolf is offline  
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #6
Lecturer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
From: Southwest U.S.
Posts: 263

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishwolf View Post
why must Turkey give them a state?
For what?
They have no kurdish area in Turkey, they live everywhere in Turkey,They are equal with other people in Turkey, they are free, we had kurdish president of rebuplic,prime minister.
Some of our ministers, generals are kurdish.
We have all things in common.
So why must Turkey give them a state?
Its just a big politic game by foreign supports.
The Turks seem to be using the same arguments against the Kurds that the Israelis use against the Palestinians.
histobuffkg70 is offline  
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:18 PM   #7

turkishwolf's Avatar
Academician
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: -
Posts: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by histobuffkg70 View Post
The Turks seem to be using the same arguments against the Kurds that the Israelis use against the Palestinians.
Hahahaha.
Just so funny.
turkishwolf is offline  
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #8
Lecturer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
From: Southwest U.S.
Posts: 263

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishwolf View Post
Hahahaha.
Just so funny.
I wasn't kidding. The Turks treatment of the Kurds has been far harsher than the Israelis' treatment of the Palestinians. The first genocide of the 20th century was commited by the Ottomans/Turks against the Kurds. Your posts have demanded that Israel apologize to the Turks for boarding a ship running an Israeli blockade of Gaza, but you have no qualms about the Turks' treatment of the Kurds. Care to justify this?
histobuffkg70 is offline  
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #9

irishcrusader95's Avatar
None shall pass!
 
Joined: Aug 2010
From: Ireland
Posts: 6,731
Blog Entries: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by histobuffkg70 View Post
I wasn't kidding. The Turks treatment of the Kurds has been far harsher than the Israelis' treatment of the Palestinians. The first genocide of the 20th century was commited by the Ottomans/Turks against the Kurds. Your posts have demanded that Israel apologize to the Turks for boarding a ship running an Israeli blockade of Gaza, but you have no qualms about the Turks' treatment of the Kurds. Care to justify this?
that was the armenian genocide but i don't know if whether the kurds were wrapped up in it as well
irishcrusader95 is offline  
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #10

turkishwolf's Avatar
Academician
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: -
Posts: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by histobuffkg70 View Post
I wasn't kidding. The Turks treatment of the Kurds has been far harsher than the Israelis' treatment of the Palestinians. The first genocide of the 20th century was commited by the Ottomans/Turks against the Kurds. Your posts have demanded that Israel apologize to the Turks for boarding a ship running an Israeli blockade of Gaza, but you have no qualms about the Turks' treatment of the Kurds. Care to justify this?
I know that you are not kidding but your views just funny for me.Sorry but It seems to me that you dont know anything about Turkey.Can u say me that what do you mean by genocide? which genocide? And pls give me an example about How Turkish treatment to Kurds harsher than Israel?

Pls give me concrete examples, dont give me propagandha views
turkishwolf is offline  
Reply

  Historum > World History Forum > Middle Eastern and African History

Tags
kurds, turkey



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from Turkey turkishwolf New Users 31 August 11th, 2011 08:06 AM
Hi from Turkey mkarakas0690 New Users 49 April 15th, 2011 01:35 PM
Origins of the Kurds Salah Middle Eastern and African History 17 October 14th, 2010 11:59 PM
Hi from Turkey... ekim1923 New Users 14 October 27th, 2008 04:53 AM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.