Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > Themes in History > Speculative History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

Speculative History Speculative History Forum - Alternate History, What If Questions, Pseudo History, and anything outside the boundaries of mainstream historical research


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2016, 04:46 AM   #11
Historian
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: China
Posts: 4,162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Shark View Post
Maybe there will be a mini space race between the two for their own moon landing this century.
perhaps not. it is not a race thing.
we aimed at only "go beyond the ourselves of yesterday". we care our own business.
heylouis is offline  
Remove Ads
Old September 30th, 2016, 04:49 AM   #12

Naima's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Venice
Posts: 1,162

Quote:
Originally Posted by heylouis View Post
perhaps not. it is not a race thing.
we aimed at only "go beyond the ourselves of yesterday". we care our own business.
OT but , what does it means :
we have a wall on internet, and you have a wall in your heart
Naima is online now  
Old September 30th, 2016, 04:53 AM   #13
Historian
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: China
Posts: 4,162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naima View Post
OT but , what does it means :
we have a wall on internet, and you have a wall in your heart
a technical barrier can be passed when one wants to, a barrier in mind is not so easy to be passed.
I'd say it depends who is the "you"

That is not part of the content of the post. It is the signature.
heylouis is offline  
Old September 30th, 2016, 05:57 AM   #14
Historian
 
Joined: Jan 2014
From: Connecticut
Posts: 2,419

Quote:
Originally Posted by heylouis View Post
we don't do or plan risky things when the risk is beyond our abilities.
so when we say planning to land on the back of the moon in 2018 (robot, not man) , we mean it. and we won't just do what had been done, we directly go to the back side--where no man has gone before.
OK good luck but if you land on the side facing away from Earth, communication becomes more difficult.
starman is offline  
Old September 30th, 2016, 06:03 AM   #15
Historian
 
Joined: Jan 2014
From: Connecticut
Posts: 2,419

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvsakhadeo View Post
Our country India also has decided to land astronauts on the moon, in the near future. And certainly China also has the capability.
If a key reason for such missions is national prestige, why not be more ambitious? If you land astronauts on the moon, that's a great achievement but on the other hand, you'll only be doing what Uncle Sam did a half century ago. It would be much more impressive if some nation landed astronauts on Mercury. They'd be the first Earth men to land on another planet as opposed to satellite.
starman is offline  
Old September 30th, 2016, 06:06 AM   #16

rvsakhadeo's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: India
Posts: 7,037

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman View Post
If a key reason for such missions is national prestige, why not be more ambitious? If you land astronauts on the moon, that's a great achievement but on the other hand, you'll only be doing what Uncle Sam did a half century ago. It would be much more impressive if some nation landed astronauts on Mercury. They'd be the first Earth men to land on another planet as opposed to satellite.
It is most unlikely that any human could land on Mercury in near future due the very high surface temperatures on Mercury.
rvsakhadeo is offline  
Old September 30th, 2016, 06:06 AM   #17

Naima's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Venice
Posts: 1,162

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman View Post
OK good luck but if you land on the side facing away from Earth, communication becomes more difficult.
A satellite orbiting the moon could help.
Naima is online now  
Old September 30th, 2016, 06:10 AM   #18
Historian
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: China
Posts: 4,162

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman View Post
OK good luck but if you land on the side facing away from Earth, communication becomes more difficult.
that is why it is planed half a year before the launch, a middle way satellite will be sent into sky first.
we are not just talking around and taking it as an ambitious matter. we are serious on scientific research.
heylouis is offline  
Old September 30th, 2016, 07:22 AM   #19

YouLoveMeYouKnowIt's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Oct 2013
From: Canada
Posts: 3,219

China takes it slow and steady and prioritizes safety when it comes to space
YouLoveMeYouKnowIt is online now  
Old September 30th, 2016, 07:39 AM   #20
Historian
 
Joined: Jan 2014
From: Connecticut
Posts: 2,419

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvsakhadeo View Post
It is most unlikely that any human could land on Mercury in near future due the very high surface temperatures on Mercury.
The night side is actually bitterly cold. At high latitude on the day side there are places where it's around room temperature.
starman is offline  
Reply

  Historum > Themes in History > Speculative History

Tags
chinese, landing, moon



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Effects of the moon landing Exodus History Help 19 December 13th, 2014 09:31 PM
Effects of the moon landing Exodus History Help 0 December 13th, 2014 03:49 PM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.