Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > Themes in History > Speculative History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

Speculative History Speculative History Forum - Alternate History, What If Questions, Pseudo History, and anything outside the boundaries of mainstream historical research


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2017, 09:24 PM   #1
Lecturer
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Pomerium
Posts: 476
How great is the RISK [Russo-Irano-Sino-(North)Korean Axis]?


As the EU and NATO are becoming more and more decadent and divided, the Russo-Irano-Sino-(North)Korean Axis is ascendant and coordinated. The USA's military superiority is vanishing, given the RISK's insane armament. Will the RISK keep winning on every front from the Pontic to the Pacific? What countries will be at great risk?
Fenestella is offline  
Remove Ads
Old January 10th, 2017, 11:25 PM   #2

Seabas's Avatar
Lecturer
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: appartments
Posts: 422

Looking for a new boogeyman?
Russia is a member of only one millitary block - CSTO, which also includes 5 other ex-USSR countries: Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
Iran and China are neighbors and business partners.
Relationships with North Korea are quite chilly and trade decreased 30 times since 1990.
Seabas is offline  
Old January 11th, 2017, 05:53 AM   #3

YouLoveMeYouKnowIt's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Oct 2013
From: Canada
Posts: 3,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenestella View Post
As the EU and NATO are becoming more and more decadent and divided, the Russo-Irano-Sino-(North)Korean Axis is ascendant and coordinated. The USA's military superiority is vanishing, given the RISK's insane armament. Will the RISK keep winning on every front from the Pontic to the Pacific? What countries will be at great risk?
You are just parroting cable news, propaganda and sensational media.

China has a strict anti-alliance policy as alliances is what pushes nations to war. China does business with Iran and has counter-terrorism initiatives to promote peaceful border relations with relevant member states in Central Asia - this is why China had repeated rejected Iran into the SCO, as it is not an EU or NATO like pact. Where do you see an Axis sort of Alliance? Who calls for sanctions against their ally [North Korea]?
YouLoveMeYouKnowIt is offline  
Old January 11th, 2017, 06:07 AM   #4

rvsakhadeo's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: India
Posts: 7,687

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouLoveMeYouKnowIt View Post
You are just parroting cable news, propaganda and sensational media.

China has a strict anti-alliance policy as alliances is what pushes nations to war. China does business with Iran and has counter-terrorism initiatives to promote peaceful border relations with relevant member states in Central Asia - this is why China had repeated rejected Iran into the SCO, as it is not an EU or NATO like pact. Where do you see an Axis sort of Alliance? Who calls for sanctions against their ally [North Korea]?
How do you see the relation of the People's Republic of China with the Islamic Republic of Pakistan ? Pakistan is likely to lease a nuclear powered submarine from PRC, soon, if not already done so. Pakistan was given missile technology by PRC. Pakistan gave a free gift of a big chunk of the so called ' Azad Kashmir ', which was actually a part of the erstwhile state of Jammu and Kashmir, captured by Pakistani soldiers ( in the guise of Pakhtun tribesmen ) in the 1947 August sudden attack. Pakistan leadership often visits PRC and calls it Pakistan's all weather friend. In turn PRC vetoes the UN proposal to brand Pakistani Mullah and terrorist Hafeez Sayeed as a terrorist.
So is this a business relationship or are they allies ?
rvsakhadeo is offline  
Old January 11th, 2017, 10:33 AM   #5

YouLoveMeYouKnowIt's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Oct 2013
From: Canada
Posts: 3,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvsakhadeo View Post
How do you see the relation of the People's Republic of China with the Islamic Republic of Pakistan ? Pakistan is likely to lease a nuclear powered submarine from PRC, soon, if not already done so. Pakistan was given missile technology by PRC. Pakistan gave a free gift of a big chunk of the so called ' Azad Kashmir ', which was actually a part of the erstwhile state of Jammu and Kashmir, captured by Pakistani soldiers ( in the guise of Pakhtun tribesmen ) in the 1947 August sudden attack. Pakistan leadership often visits PRC and calls it Pakistan's all weather friend. In turn PRC vetoes the UN proposal to brand Pakistani Mullah and terrorist Hafeez Sayeed as a terrorist.
So is this a business relationship or are they allies ?
Neither a business relationship or an alliance. A business relationship is comparable to China and Macedonia - they trade, have some cultural exchange, and sometimes China donate buses, and that's it. An actual alliance is comparable to UK and France - they fought together against the Germans because a binding legal document propels them to.

A business relationship is too light to describe Sino-Pakistani relationship as China feels Pakistan has always stood by China when China was down. It was among the first to recognize the PRC - thus China view Pakistan as a friend - a peng you, which carries a deep and genuine meaning in Chinese. An alliance is too inaccurate to describe Sino-Pakistani relationship. Is there a binding document that will force China into fighting on Pakistan's side? I understand most Indians view Pakistan as a counter for China against India, and that China uses Pakistan to fight India down to the last Pakistani, but that isn't the reason why China likes Pakistan.

"Alliance" is a word that gets thrown around alot. Whenever two countries do something together, some people will say "oh an alliance." An alliance is an alliance if there is an actual binding agreement. If there isn't, its just... not an alliance. Despite strong military ties, it is not an alliance that can be described in a way that paints China as part of an Axis with Pakistan. For comparison, China and Kazakhstan are in the SCO while Pakistan is not. China and Kazakhstan engage in military exercises but they cannot be seen as allies. China and India engage in military exercises too, but they cannot be seen as allies either. There's no requirement for them to fight side by side should, say, India launches a war of aggression against Pakistan (which is unlikely as India isn't a warmonger.) This is just for an example - China isn't bound like France and the UK were in joining hands to fight Germany, twice.

I drew this map to help explain why China needs Pakistan as a strategic partner:

Click the image to open in full size.
YouLoveMeYouKnowIt is offline  
Old January 11th, 2017, 08:57 PM   #6
Lecturer
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Pomerium
Posts: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouLoveMeYouKnowIt View Post
You are just parroting cable news, propaganda and sensational media.
The biggest propaganda/lie of all is that only the USA and NATO have the intention and potential to dominate the world.
Fenestella is offline  
Old January 11th, 2017, 09:04 PM   #7

YouLoveMeYouKnowIt's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Oct 2013
From: Canada
Posts: 3,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenestella View Post
The biggest propaganda/lie of all is that only the USA and NATO have the intention and potential to dominate the world.
Did anyone in this thread suggest this?

You quoted me suggesting your comment is a rehash of cable propaganda and sensationalism, but I cannot see where your reply correlate with what you are quoting and responding to.
YouLoveMeYouKnowIt is offline  
Old January 11th, 2017, 09:18 PM   #8

Seabas's Avatar
Lecturer
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: appartments
Posts: 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouLoveMeYouKnowIt View Post
I drew this map to help explain why China needs Pakistan as a strategic partner:

Click the image to open in full size.
Great job!
Seabas is offline  
Old January 11th, 2017, 09:51 PM   #9
Lecturer
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Pomerium
Posts: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouLoveMeYouKnowIt View Post
your comment is a rehash of cable propaganda and sensationalism,
The real sensationalism is that US Air Force and Navy can fight off the air forces and navies of the rest of the world combined.

Forget cable/fake news, the realities are:
USA's military superiority is vanishing
RISK is winning on every front from the Pontic to the Pacific
Fenestella is offline  
Old January 11th, 2017, 10:08 PM   #10

YouLoveMeYouKnowIt's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Oct 2013
From: Canada
Posts: 3,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenestella View Post
The real sensationalism is that US Air Force and Navy can fight off the air forces and navies of the rest of the world combined.

Forget cable/fake news, the realities are:
USA's military superiority is vanishing
RISK is winning on every front from the Pontic to the Pacific
Actually the US can put anything in the bottlenecks on my map and cripple China.

I assert RISK is propaganda. China is no ally of North Korea. She is a business partner to Iran and Russia.
YouLoveMeYouKnowIt is offline  
Reply

  Historum > Themes in History > Speculative History

Tags
risk



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Could the Axis Powers have won in the Mediterranean and North Africa? Firefly War and Military History 54 January 11th, 2015 06:59 PM
Complete Axis Victory in North Africa Lawnmowerman Speculative History 11 July 15th, 2013 09:16 PM
The Great Franco-Russo Rivalry in Jerusalem Mohammed the Persian Middle Eastern and African History 6 March 25th, 2012 03:00 PM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.