Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > Themes in History > Speculative History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

Speculative History Speculative History Forum - Alternate History, What If Questions, Pseudo History, and anything outside the boundaries of mainstream historical research


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #101

Hresvelgr's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,024
Blog Entries: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaaaronhodak View Post
nor is there for 'God' yet the majority of the world believes in one form or another
And their belief is illogical as well, though admittedly less illogical as the fundamental idea behind it can't be definitely disproved whereas every claim of ancient aliens has been disproved.
Hresvelgr is offline  
Remove Ads
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #102

joshuaaaronhodak's Avatar
Academician
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: kapolei Oahu HI
Posts: 72
Blog Entries: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hresvelgr View Post
And their belief is illogical as well, though admittedly less illogical as the fundamental idea behind it can't be definitely disproved whereas every claim of ancient aliens has been disproved.
please endulge me, and explain how any alien involvement has been disproved
joshuaaaronhodak is offline  
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #103

joshuaaaronhodak's Avatar
Academician
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: kapolei Oahu HI
Posts: 72
Blog Entries: 2

to appease...Reptiles/Serpents/Lizards in History/Mythology/Religion
joshuaaaronhodak is offline  
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #104

Rasta's Avatar
Spiritual Ronin
 
Joined: Aug 2009
From: Minnesnowta
Posts: 21,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hresvelgr View Post
And their belief is illogical as well, though admittedly less illogical as the fundamental idea behind it can't be definitely disproved whereas every claim of ancient aliens has been disproved.
I don't agree with that. All we need to do is to appeal to a gap in knowledge to make any given claim unprovable. Which is intellectually not difficult to do.
Rasta is offline  
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #105

Naomasa298's Avatar
Bog of the Year
 
Joined: Apr 2010
From: T'Republic of Yorkshire
Posts: 20,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaaaronhodak View Post
please endulge me, and explain how any alien involvement has been disproved
Why don't you explain to us how alien involvement has been proved. You're the one making the claim about aliens.
Naomasa298 is offline  
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #106

Naomasa298's Avatar
Bog of the Year
 
Joined: Apr 2010
From: T'Republic of Yorkshire
Posts: 20,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaaaronhodak View Post
Where in that link does it mention a race of superior, knowledge bearing serpents?

If you think that this:
Quote:
Hitler was fond of drawing a reptilian humanoid and even tried to publish a book in 1909 around it. From his works, including Mien Kampf, he mentions meeting with "supermen" in underground bases and that their eyes "were fierce and I was afraid".


Constitutes proof then I don't think I have anything further to say on this subject.
Naomasa298 is offline  
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #107

joshuaaaronhodak's Avatar
Academician
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: kapolei Oahu HI
Posts: 72
Blog Entries: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomasa298 View Post
Why don't you explain to us how alien involvement has been proved. You're the one making the claim about aliens.
As I said earlier I am assuming certain things(as is a necessity of science). I never claimed to be able to prove anything. You, however, just claimed that you are aware of proof to anything pertaining to alien involvement being false. Let's see it. If you can indeed show this proof then I would greatly like to see it so as to adjust my viewpoint on certain things
joshuaaaronhodak is offline  
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #108

joshuaaaronhodak's Avatar
Academician
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: kapolei Oahu HI
Posts: 72
Blog Entries: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomasa298 View Post
Where in that link does it mention a race of superior, knowledge bearing serpents?

If you think that this:


Constitutes proof then I don't think I have anything further to say on this subject.
I didn't say I was providig 'proof' merely accounts of serpeant like creatures as to Hresvelgr's request
joshuaaaronhodak is offline  
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #109

Naomasa298's Avatar
Bog of the Year
 
Joined: Apr 2010
From: T'Republic of Yorkshire
Posts: 20,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaaaronhodak View Post
As I said earlier I am assuming certain things(as is a necessity of science). I never claimed to be able to prove anything. You, however, just claimed that you are aware of proof to anything pertaining to alien involvement being false. Let's see it. If you can indeed show this proof then I would greatly like to see it so as to adjust my viewpoint on certain things
Actually, what *I* said was that there is no credible proof of aliens, ancient or modern. So if you have such proof, let's see it.l
Naomasa298 is offline  
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #110

joshuaaaronhodak's Avatar
Academician
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: kapolei Oahu HI
Posts: 72
Blog Entries: 2

I am beside myself with how many people demand proof in a speculative history forum
joshuaaaronhodak is offline  
Reply

  Historum > Themes in History > Speculative History

Tags
comparative, mythology


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comparative mythology Illumanation Art and Cultural History 3 April 27th, 2012 01:08 PM
Comparative Mythology: Jesus, Mithras and Osiris Thessalonian Art and Cultural History 0 December 11th, 2011 02:56 AM
Question on a comparative essay LuciusDomitius History Help 1 October 24th, 2011 01:45 PM
Pitfalls of Comparative History? Someone History Help 0 August 24th, 2010 03:46 AM
Roman Mythology from Greek Mythology i_repeat_history History Book Reviews 0 October 3rd, 2007 08:11 AM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.