Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > Themes in History > Speculative History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

Speculative History Speculative History Forum - Alternate History, What If Questions, Pseudo History, and anything outside the boundaries of mainstream historical research


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #11

joshuaaaronhodak's Avatar
Academician
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: kapolei Oahu HI
Posts: 72
Blog Entries: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labienus View Post
Such as?
accounts worldwide of reptile like beings
Reptiles/Serpents/Lizards in History/Mythology/Religion-TGS HiddenMysteries Reptilian Agenda
appearance of strange objects in sky from drawings and carvings world wide
UFOs in Historical Art | 2012
Siriusly - UFOs - Ancient Astronauts
object videotaped on the sun
BREAKING: Coronal Cavity Sphere The Size of Saturn Shoots Off The Sun Into Space! - SunsFlare - YouTube
Baltic sea anomaly
Images – Baltic Sea Anomaly bear in mind the only true image of the anomaly is the low-res sonar...the others are artists renderings.

...just to name a few
joshuaaaronhodak is offline  
Remove Ads
Old November 16th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #12

joshuaaaronhodak's Avatar
Academician
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: kapolei Oahu HI
Posts: 72
Blog Entries: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorge123 View Post
what? i think Satan was once called Lucifer than he became corrupt and stuff... God made the tree of knowledge, to test Adam and eves faith. but Lucifer just tricked them..
I disagree. A story told from "God's" viewpoint would definitely mark as lucifer as evil. If one were to (for argument's sake) assume that the "God's" were aliens than one has to wonder why they created or altered us. It says in scripture (Bible.Torah, Koran) that man was put in the garden to serve it and tend it. In this scenario the aliens surely wouldn't want man thinking for himself. So, I suggest, Satan told man what was up, out of pity or compassion. He gave them the 'knowledge' made metaphor by him telling eve to eat of the tree of knowledge
joshuaaaronhodak is offline  
Old November 16th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #13

joshuaaaronhodak's Avatar
Academician
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: kapolei Oahu HI
Posts: 72
Blog Entries: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasus View Post
Interstellar voyagers by human artifacts has already begun (Voyager, Pioneer). but takes tens of thousands of years, so they are in a way not very "relevant". If similar artifacts from elsewhere exist in this solar system they would be extremely hard to detect.
One needs to make the leap that aliens may have technology that could shorten the trip. maybe they can go faster, use wormholes, teleport...all far-fetched but man often approaches this question assuming that the technology could never exist...while it is likely that it will someday...I say it's likely because a mere 100 years ago...imagine what a man would say to you if you told him we would fly...and walk on the moon...and send probes beyond our solar system

I make no attempt to purvey anything as fact but I won't rule out the possibility that an extra terrestrial intelligence may have tech beyond our understanding
joshuaaaronhodak is offline  
Old November 16th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #14

Labienus's Avatar
Il Conte di Virtů
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Canada
Posts: 6,392

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaaaronhodak View Post
accounts worldwide of reptile like beings
Reptiles/Serpents/Lizards in History/Mythology/Religion-TGS HiddenMysteries Reptilian Agenda
appearance of strange objects in sky from drawings and carvings world wide
UFOs in Historical Art | 2012
Siriusly - UFOs - Ancient Astronauts
object videotaped on the sun
Update - Unidentified Object SUN! March 12, 2012 Jupiter Sized Sphere-SUNSFLARE - YouTube
BREAKING: Coronal Cavity Sphere The Size of Saturn Shoots Off The Sun Into Space! - SunsFlare - YouTube
Baltic sea anomaly
Images – Baltic Sea Anomaly bear in mind the only true image of the anomaly is the low-res sonar...the others are artists renderings.

...just to name a few
I don't think any of the above would qualify as circumstantial evidence. Sure, some of these are hard to explain but I don't see why we should jump to the conclusion that they were extra-terrestrial activities.
Labienus is offline  
Old November 16th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #15

joshuaaaronhodak's Avatar
Academician
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: kapolei Oahu HI
Posts: 72
Blog Entries: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomasa298 View Post
Welcome to the Historum Channel.
welcome to the discussion...any thoughts?
joshuaaaronhodak is offline  
Old November 16th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #16

joshuaaaronhodak's Avatar
Academician
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: kapolei Oahu HI
Posts: 72
Blog Entries: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labienus View Post
I don't think any of the above would qualify as circumstantial evidence. Sure, some of these are hard to explain but I don't see why we should jump to the conclusion that they were extra-terrestrial activities.
they are encompassed by the very definition of circumstantial evidence....they prove nothing but when collected together they can be used to assert in a small way the speakers points

After all, we have convicted men of murder without a body....no proof that anyone was murdered....but someone imprisoned or executed for it just the same

Last edited by joshuaaaronhodak; November 16th, 2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: add on
joshuaaaronhodak is offline  
Old November 16th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #17
AAS
Academician
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaaaronhodak View Post
accounts worldwide of reptile like beings
Reptiles/Serpents/Lizards in History/Mythology/Religion-TGS HiddenMysteries Reptilian Agenda
appearance of strange objects in sky from drawings and carvings world wide
UFOs in Historical Art | 2012
Siriusly - UFOs - Ancient Astronauts
object videotaped on the sun
Update - Unidentified Object SUN! March 12, 2012 Jupiter Sized Sphere-SUNSFLARE - YouTube
BREAKING: Coronal Cavity Sphere The Size of Saturn Shoots Off The Sun Into Space! - SunsFlare - YouTube
Baltic sea anomaly
Images – Baltic Sea Anomaly bear in mind the only true image of the anomaly is the low-res sonar...the others are artists renderings.

...just to name a few
I must say I agree wholeheartedly with all that you've said here joshua. what are your thoughts on reports of modern encounters?
AAS is offline  
Old November 16th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #18

ghostexorcist's Avatar
Scholar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
From: Midwest
Posts: 671
Blog Entries: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaaaronhodak View Post
they are encompassed by the very definition of circumstantial evidence....they prove nothing but when collected together they can be used to assert in a small way the speakers points

After all, we have convicted men of murder without a body....no proof that anyone was murdered....but someone imprisoned or executed for it just the same
Yes, but taking this evidence at face value without trying to find alternative explanations is not advisable. For instance, the pictures appearing in your link about UFOs in historical art are just anthropomorphized representations of the sun and moon. This is covered in the documentary posted earlier in the thread.
ghostexorcist is offline  
Old November 16th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #19
AAS
Academician
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostexorcist View Post
Yes, but taking this evidence at face value without trying to find alternative explanations is not advisable. For instance, the pictures appearing in your link about UFOs in historical art are just anthropomorphized representations of the sun and moon. This is covered in the documentary posted earlier in the thread.
to be fair, saying that they are sun/moon depictions is no less presumptious than saying they're space craft. But I agree that one should not commit to a theory until it is proven in a reasonable manner. Before such (joshua_ghostexorcist) you should remain open to all possibilities. Also bear in mind that discussions like this one help lead us to the truth.
AAS is offline  
Old November 16th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #20

Hresvelgr's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,022
Blog Entries: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labienus View Post
I don't think any of the above would qualify as circumstantial evidence. Sure, some of these are hard to explain but I don't see why we should jump to the conclusion that they were extra-terrestrial activities.
Many of those are made up. Such as the first link pretending everyone believe in reptilian supermen gods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAS View Post
to be fair, saying that they are sun/moon depictions is no less presumptious than saying they're space craft. But I agree that one should not commit to a theory until it is proven in a reasonable manner. Before such (joshua_ghostexorcist) you should remain open to all possibilities. Also bear in mind that discussions like this one help lead us to the truth.
That's just straight-up dishonest. The sun and moon obviously exist. They are hanging up in the sky every day in plain view. The idea that ancient people carved or drew depictions of celestial bodies everyone would know about and care about takes much less of a leap of logic than pretending they are depictions of a phenomenon that hasn't been proven to be real and that the ancients never mentioned otherwise.
Hresvelgr is offline  
Reply

  Historum > Themes in History > Speculative History

Tags
alien, ancient, god, space, travel


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ancient Aliens Debunked Belloc Speculative History 69 October 16th, 2012 11:03 AM
Ancient Aliens Leo Stein History in Films and on Television 41 October 10th, 2012 04:42 AM
Aliens?!! keirw Speculative History 24 September 7th, 2012 11:19 AM
Ancient Aliens Pirate of the Caribbean Speculative History 84 March 10th, 2011 12:29 AM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.