Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > Themes in History > Speculative History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

Speculative History Speculative History Forum - Alternate History, What If Questions, Pseudo History, and anything outside the boundaries of mainstream historical research


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 17th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #31
.
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Valles Marineris, Mars
Posts: 4,835

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaaaronhodak View Post
I disagree. A story told from "God's" viewpoint would definitely mark as lucifer as evil. If one were to (for argument's sake) assume that the "God's" were aliens than one has to wonder why they created or altered us. It says in scripture (Bible.Torah, Koran) that man was put in the garden to serve it and tend it. In this scenario the aliens surely wouldn't want man thinking for himself. So, I suggest, Satan told man what was up, out of pity or compassion. He gave them the 'knowledge' made metaphor by him telling eve to eat of the tree of knowledge
so basically what you are telling me is that Satan/Lucifer is this Hero/"good" guy or something? i am quite sure that satan hates us with love...Yep we were supposed to serve the gardan...... but satan tempted us.
Gorge123 is offline  
Remove Ads
Old November 17th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #32

Soulstrider's Avatar
Archivist
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Portugal
Posts: 211

So what's more likely, the sightings and influence on ancient civilizations being from aliens or the future humans who learned time travel? :P
Soulstrider is offline  
Old November 17th, 2012, 11:43 PM   #33

Zarin's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorge123 View Post
so how long do do you think it will take us to make "wormholes" and spaceships that can travel with speed of light??? guess we will have to wait! why do we always think aliens as "more powerful" and stuff???(just curous)
We may not have to wait as long as one might suspect. It will come down to which method of FTLT will prove to be the most reliable, safest, cost efficient, and accessible. Moving space is already being considered. However, as with any technology, once the principles are understood and mastered, the process should evolve to a higher rate of efficiency and fairly quickly. Just look at where flight has evolved to in just 100 years. Humanity could have FTLT drive in less than 100 years. Once we achieve it and can increase FTLT in multiples, we could reach our nearest star system Alpha Centauri in a few months. Even weeks. A trip that would normally take 5 light years moving at the speed of light.
The main reason that aliens are normally considered more advanced is that if they can get here and we cannot get there, they must be further advanced technologically than we are. And this is debatable as well. Some alien species may only be interested in certain types of technology and may not have developed along the same lines as humans. In some instances they could be much further advanced and in some not even close. Plus it is also very likely that aliens species could have developed technologies based on principles humans are incapable of understanding.
It is also logical to assume that in the 14+ billion years of the Universe's existence, many species could have evolved far beyond where humans currently are. And long before our Solar System came into existence. Possibly to the point where they can control or manipulate all eleven dimensions. Even moving beyond physicality altogether.
Zarin is offline  
Old November 17th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #34

Zarin's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulstrider View Post
So what's more likely, the sightings and influence on ancient civilizations being from aliens or the future humans who learned time travel? :P
There is a third option. That some humans were far more advanced than we currently know or suspect and they used these advantages to dominate everyone else. It comes down to which of these possibilities is the most likely. I opt for the third option. Mainly because there is no tangible evidence of any alien presence.
Any time travel practitioners would be popping up all over the place and they are not. Moreover, it is a well known historical fact that many human civilizations reached advanced levels of knowledge and technology and then disappeared or declined. There is no reason to doubt that this process occurred much farther back in time then we currently have knowledge of or reference to.
Zarin is offline  
Old November 18th, 2012, 12:06 AM   #35

Zarin's Avatar
Historian
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,465

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpinLuke View Post
Statistically there is a certain possibility that some forms of life exist on other planets or satellites somewhere in the space.

There are clues about this, like prebiotic chemistry on other space bodies [the moon Titan for example] and the presence of water.

Anyway an intelligent species is a well different matter. When the Homo Sapiens appeared on Earth life here existed since many millions of years ago. This limits a lot the "window" of contemporary existence of two intelligent species. On the base of the only available example, it takes hundreds of millions of years for a biosphere to develop an intelligent species.

This is among the reasons why the Drake equation gives a little result instead of a predictable enormous number.

In fact the point is not how many intelligent species can have been existing in the galaxy in general, but how many exist now.
If it hadn't been for the several incidences of "mass extinctions," it is anyone's guess as to how soon or how many "intelligent species" might have actually evolved here on Earth. Strangely, these mass extinctions seem to occur, on average, every 25 million years. Giving rise to the theory that our sun may have a companion star. One called Nemesis.
There is even a speculation that the velociraptor of the dinosaurs was well on its way to human level intelligence before its' evolution was suddenly extinguished by that 10 mile in diameter meteor collision.
Zarin is offline  
Old November 18th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #36
Citizen
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulstrider View Post
So what's more likely, the sightings and influence on ancient civilizations being from aliens or the future humans who learned time travel? :P
I vote "C", Hallucinogenic drugs...
Soop is offline  
Reply

  Historum > Themes in History > Speculative History

Tags
alien, ancient, god, space, travel


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ancient Aliens Debunked Belloc Speculative History 69 October 16th, 2012 11:03 AM
Ancient Aliens Leo Stein History in Films and on Television 41 October 10th, 2012 04:42 AM
Aliens?!! keirw Speculative History 24 September 7th, 2012 11:19 AM
Ancient Aliens Pirate of the Caribbean Speculative History 84 March 10th, 2011 12:29 AM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.