Historum - History Forums  

Go Back   Historum - History Forums > Themes in History > War and Military History
Register Forums Blogs Social Groups Mark Forums Read

War and Military History War and Military History Forum - Warfare, Tactics, and Military Technology over the centuries


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2017, 08:42 AM   #21
Historian
 
Joined: Jul 2016
From: USA
Posts: 2,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrooms View Post
Snowden is in prison for this:
...unauthorized communication of national defense information, and willful communication of classified intelligence to an unauthorized person.

I can point to three sources who saw the Enigma decrypts, and the above is the definition of. Those same three & Truman thought it treason.

You should swallow your pride & accept that the 'history' of this event was & to many remains incomplete without understanding the implications of DM's treasonous act.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Snowden knowingly stole the contents of a classified server and gave them them to the strategic enemy of the US, the Russian govt. He did it completely knowing what it meant and we know he only got the job working for the NSA in the first place to steal the info. Snowden has not been convicted of treason, just charged. Should they actually nab him the govt would still has to prove in a court room that what he did constituted treason, which legally is extremely hard to prove. And what he did had nothing at all to do with Mac.

But feel free to stroke your ego and keep watering down the word treason just to win an internet argument. And I'll keep showing why you're dead wrong.
aggienation is offline  
Remove Ads
Old January 5th, 2017, 08:55 AM   #22

jgrooms's Avatar
Lecturer
 
Joined: Jan 2017
From: Shawnee
Posts: 273

Same "internet argument" you are having?

Here, for grins, even the modern version of cliff notes is more up to date than you on the subject.

In these talks, MacArthur had expressed confidence that he would succeed in expanding the Korean War into a major conflict resulting in the permanent disposal of the "Chinese Communist question" and MacArthur did not want either country to be alarmed if this happened. The content of this particular intercept was known by only a very few of Truman's closest advisers, two being Paul Nitze, Director of the Policy Planning Staff of the State Department and his associate, Charles Burton Marshall. Truman considered MacArthur's conversations to be outright treachery and concluded that MacArthur had to be relieved, but was unable to act immediately because of MacArthur's political support and to avoid wider knowledge of the existence of the electronic intercepts of diplomatic messages.[121][122][123]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pres...glas_MacArthur


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jgrooms is offline  
Old January 5th, 2017, 09:03 AM   #23
Historian
 
Joined: Jul 2016
From: USA
Posts: 2,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrooms View Post
Same "internet argument" you are having?

Here, for grins, even the modern version of cliff notes is more up to date than you on the subject.

In these talks, MacArthur had expressed confidence that he would succeed in expanding the Korean War into a major conflict resulting in the permanent disposal of the "Chinese Communist question" and MacArthur did not want either country to be alarmed if this happened. The content of this particular intercept was known by only a very few of Truman's closest advisers, two being Paul Nitze, Director of the Policy Planning Staff of the State Department and his associate, Charles Burton Marshall. Truman considered MacArthur's conversations to be outright treachery and concluded that MacArthur had to be relieved, but was unable to act immediately because of MacArthur's political support and to avoid wider knowledge of the existence of the electronic intercepts of diplomatic messages.[121][122][123]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pres...glas_MacArthur


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Treachery: betrayal of trust; deceptive action or nature. That word isn't a root of treason. No wonder you have trouble understanding this.

So we're back to Mac not working for any other country besides the US, not trying to stage a coup to supplant Truman's presidency, not selling out secrets to a foreign country. His crimes were disregarding the orders of his boss, Commander in Chief, and attempting to sideline his administration and the State Department by implementing his own plans that conflicted with Truman's. Which are literal examples of insubordination, not treason.
aggienation is offline  
Old January 5th, 2017, 09:16 AM   #24

jgrooms's Avatar
Lecturer
 
Joined: Jan 2017
From: Shawnee
Posts: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggienation View Post
Treachery: betrayal of trust; deceptive action or nature. That word isn't a root of treason. No wonder you have trouble understanding this.



So we're back to Mac not working for any other country besides the US, not trying to stage a coup to supplant Truman's presidency, not selling out secrets to a foreign country. His crimes were disregarding the orders of his boss, Commander in Chief, and attempting to sideline his administration and the State Department by implementing his own plans that conflicted with Truman's. Which are literal examples of insubordination, not treason.


Since you brought up Webster, do you know what a synonym is?

I have Harry on my side, other than your opinion, what do you have?

Oh & a synonym is a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jgrooms is offline  
Old January 5th, 2017, 10:01 AM   #25
Historian
 
Joined: Jul 2016
From: USA
Posts: 2,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrooms View Post
Since you brought up Webster, do you know what a synonym is?

I have Harry on my side, other than your opinion, what do you have?

Oh & a synonym is a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have Harry on your side? LOL, saying what? Treachery? LOL. That isn't a synonym for treason. Good Lord man, read a thesaurus and dictionary before you post again.

treachery
aggienation is offline  
Old January 5th, 2017, 11:34 AM   #26

jgrooms's Avatar
Lecturer
 
Joined: Jan 2017
From: Shawnee
Posts: 273

No you suggested Webster's earlier. That's a good source, as are my three earlier citations.

Click the image to open in full size.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jgrooms is offline  
Old January 5th, 2017, 11:39 AM   #27
Historian
 
Joined: Jul 2016
From: USA
Posts: 2,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrooms View Post
No you suggested Webster's earlier. That's a good source, as are my three earlier citations.

Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treacheryplay
noun treach·ery \ˈtre-chə-rē\
Definition of treachery for Students
plural treacheries
1
: the behavior of a person who betrays trust or faith <a tale of treachery and revenge>
2
: an act or instance of betraying trust or faith <She was hurt by her friend's treacheries.>
aggienation is offline  
Old January 5th, 2017, 12:21 PM   #28

jgrooms's Avatar
Lecturer
 
Joined: Jan 2017
From: Shawnee
Posts: 273

I'd suggest you read up on DM & you'd have a better understanding of his motives & actions. Essentially he loathed the democratic institutions of his own country.

Again, he was attempting to start a general war against China against the civilian direction of the limited UN conflict re Korea. And he went so far as to be caught in discussion re this with heads of foreign states. Who for all he knew had passed this onto Moscow?

His main protagonist, a far better man than DM, at the time believed his acts were treasonous. While these facts were only revealed much later, they are nevertheless facts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jgrooms is offline  
Old January 5th, 2017, 12:59 PM   #29
Historian
 
Joined: Jul 2016
From: USA
Posts: 2,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrooms View Post
I'd suggest you read up on DM & you'd have a better understanding of his motives & actions. Essentially he loathed the democratic institutions of his own country.

Again, he was attempting to start a general war against China against the civilian direction of the limited UN conflict re Korea. And he went so far as to be caught in discussion re this with heads of foreign states. Who for all he knew had passed this onto Moscow?

His main protagonist, a far better man than DM, at the time believed his acts were treasonous. While these facts were only revealed much later, they are nevertheless facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So which foreign government was Mac betraying the US to? None, ergo its not treason. Did Mac make a deal with Moscow? Nope, not treason. Did Mac try to overthrow the US govt through a coup? Nope, not treason. Did Mac try to undermine his boss, the president? Yes, insubordination.

He over stepped his authority, rebuked his superior, and was righteously relieved for it. For insubordination. Not treason. You're the only person I've ever heard that called what he did treason and its perfectly understandable that you wont back down, admit you're wrong, since you made the post in hyperbole, have an ax to grind over faux outrage at a man long dead, and simply can't admit that the crime you used alleged didn't happen because the specifications, per US code, don't exist.

Its amazing the depths that people will go to stroke their ego and refuse to admit when they are wrong. In this, you and Mac have a whole lot in common.
aggienation is offline  
Old January 5th, 2017, 01:40 PM   #30

jgrooms's Avatar
Lecturer
 
Joined: Jan 2017
From: Shawnee
Posts: 273
Korean war question


Read my posts. The answers are there. Nobody ever said it? HST did.

There are three well cited sources, who in the late 80's & early 90's, revealed the Enigma decrypts. There's your treason. Look into it & add in the character of DM. Just because its new to you doesn't mean its not a fact.

Save your self righteous "man long since dead..." schtick. Its a history forum, they are all dead!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jgrooms; January 5th, 2017 at 01:45 PM.
jgrooms is offline  
Reply

  Historum > Themes in History > War and Military History

Tags
korean, war



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How would Americans view the Korean war if America lost the Korean War? Ashiusx Speculative History 12 August 26th, 2014 02:15 AM
South Korean Propaganda during the Korean War Ashiusx Asian History 75 August 18th, 2014 07:07 AM
Polite question about my question;“The Chronicles of Froissart” rufusandricky Medieval and Byzantine History 6 August 17th, 2013 01:49 AM

Copyright © 2006-2013 Historum. All rights reserved.