25th Amendment Help

Hello all,

I was recently assigned a project on the 25th amendment. I found most of the info I needed for the project but I have some questions that still loom:

How did the passage of the amendment change American culture?

Who was involved in the issue addressed by the proposal? Who helped pass the amendment?

Thank you!

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Hello all,

I was recently assigned a project on the 25th amendment. I found most of the info I needed for the project but I have some questions that still loom:

How did the passage of the amendment change American culture?

Who was involved in the issue addressed by the proposal? Who helped pass the amendment?

Thank you!
The Wikipedia article about this Amendment could provide at least some of the answers that you are looking for here:

Twenty-fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

Wikipedia itself isn't a reliable source, but the sources that it references/links to might very well be reliable sources.

Chlodio

Ad Honorem
Aug 2016
Dispargum
The 25th Amendment is one of those that is rarely used. Gerald Ford would have never been president without the 25th but someone would have been. There were earlier versions of presidential succession laws. A few presidents have voluntarily relinquished power for a few hours while they underwent surgery.
25th Amendment
Culturally, there are a lot of political thrillers on TV that have explored presidential succession in a crisis. There was the famous Alexander Haig claim that "I'm in charge!" when President Reagan was shot in 1981. It turned out he had no authority to take charge, and it became a joke at his expense.

Similar History Discussions