31-kilometer diameter crater in Greenland (potentially) dated to 10,800 BC impact event, caused mass extinction, kicked off the Younger Dryas

MG1962a

Ad Honorem
Mar 2019
Kansas
When you say "A sudden rise in sea level occurs", how sudden are we talking about? Months, years, decades or centuries? I really have a very poor grasp of scale for these things.
Here is a good idea of how it happened (flood wise) This was on the west coast, but current thinking suggests similar floods occurred in the east as well

MG1962a

Ad Honorem
Mar 2019
Kansas
Could the eye of Sahara also be seen as an Impact of an Asteroid which triggered after the desastral hit several natural desaters.I know scientist are saying Climate Change turned the once green area into a desert but if you read history there are civilisations that dissappear from one day to another for example the dissapearing of the tritonsea .
No it is not an impact crater. Far more interesting answer actually

MG1962a

Ad Honorem
Mar 2019
Kansas
My understanding was that megafauna died out at different times and under different conditions. For example, the loss of megafauna in North America has been linked to climate change, whereas the extinctions in Australia have been linked to the arrival of humans with fire.
The jury is still out on Australia. There was a continent altering drought (1000 years plus) which happened when humans arrived. Chances are it was a combination of both

Nov 2019
Bylanuelde
Well it is definetly different from an Asteroid Impact but there is another possible explanation maybe it is an Impact of a Gammaflash(supernova).

Theodoric

Ad Honorem
Mar 2012
Yötebory Sveriya
Could the eye of Sahara also be seen as an Impact of an Asteroid which triggered after the desastral hit several natural desaters.I know scientist are saying Climate Change turned the once green area into a desert but if you read history there are civilisations that dissappear from one day to another for example the dissapearing of the tritonsea .
The Eye of the Sahara is 98.2 million years old.

Theodoric

Ad Honorem
Mar 2012
Yötebory Sveriya
A few thousand years ago there was an incident which some witnesses found worthy to curve in Stone .It must have been a Deep Impact if you look of the anqle and the size so i thought it was this Richat structre Ancient petroglyphs suggests that a meteor has been observed in ancient times in Morocco
That is probable that they did see a comet. But it wouldn’t have been related to the Eye of the Sahara which is both 98.2 million years old and not an impact event.

In short, it was a bubble of magma, it is probable that it is related to the splitting of Africa and South America which occurred around the middle Cretaceous.

Nov 2019
Bylanuelde
That is probable that they did see a comet. But it wouldn’t have been related to the Eye of the Sahara which is both 98.2 million years old and not an impact event.

In short, it was a bubble of magma, it is probable that it is related to the splitting of Africa and South America which occurred around the middle Cretaceous
I dont understand the running Scene on the petroglyph isnt it that it is a matter of 1 Minute till the Meteor reaches the Ground?or was it that big that you saw it coming before entering atmospehere.

So it was like a magmachamber of a supervolcano that formed Richat structure.

Nov 2019
Bylanuelde
A few thousand years ago there was an incident which some witnesses found worthy to curve in Stone .It must have been a Deep Impact if you look of the anqle and the size so i thought it was this Richat structre Ancient petroglyphs suggests that a meteor has been observed in ancient times in Morocco
I would like to know the message on IDA3 there are man and animals and two sentences (does it perhaps telling us : An Asteroid wiped out Humans and animals?)since it was a Happening wich some People wanted to be told for the coming Generation after them.

IDA 1shows People in Panic running in different direction, I mean there is no Impact found in that area but if they are telling us this was a catastrophic Event then only a myth come to my mind which tells about atlatean City which over night disappeared.

But These Stone can be fake ones there a different shapes of the asteroids but the humans and animals look pretty made from the same Artist.