3rd battle of Panipat.

Jun 2019
Afghanistan originally
Third Battle of Panipat (1761) | History of Pashtuns

Excellent post describing what happened on that fateful day. This battle is very famous among Afghans and Muslims of subcontinent because we not only stopped Maratha raids into Afghanistan we defeated and destroyed maratha force so badly that they did not try to fight Afgans once again.

Victorious Shah baba called darbar in Delhi and forced Indian kings to accept that punjab will be under His Afghan rule, rohillah Pushtuns along side shia Persian navabs will rule Gangatic Regions till bengal.

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
Third Battle of Panipat (1761) | History of Pashtuns

Excellent post describing what happened on that fateful day. This battle is very famous among Afghans and Muslims of subcontinent because we not only stopped Maratha raids into Afghanistan we defeated and destroyed maratha force so badly that they did not try to fight Afgans once again.

Victorious Shah baba called darbar in Delhi and forced Indian kings to accept that punjab will be under His Afghan rule, rohillah Pushtuns along side shia Persian navabs will rule Gangatic Regions till bengal.
Then what happened? Why did they not rule those lands?

Dec 2009
Then what happened? Why did they not rule those lands?
After the battle of Panipat the Marathas reemerged in Northern India under Mahadji Shinde and Holkar and reconquered the major part of Northern India on the other hand the kingdom of Abdali declined rather quickly after his death.

Jun 2019
Afghanistan originally
After the battle of Panipat the Marathas reemerged in Northern India under Mahadji Shinde and Holkar and reconquered the major part of Northern India on the other hand the kingdom of Abdali declined rather quickly after his death.
Not really, The dynasty declined but Afghanistan stayed intact. Barakzai King Dost muhammad khan even managed to save his jindgi by defeating british in first Anglo Afghan war.

Jun 2019
Afghanistan originally
Ha ha ! a mod asked me few minutes ago if i am a troll because i share my ip address with you Azad !

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Were Marathas any better or different from invaders? They too were extortionists.

You are absolutely correct, @Azad67. Also does not seem to be from a place which is familiar with Urdu, Lucknow for example. Young, because they are not taught about the use of dot for Urdu words - khajana, jamir, etc.

Jan 2019
Valencia
Of course he's a troll. He seems overly familiar and interested in Indian history and sociology. He also appeared as soon as the troll @Rishi was banned. Ask him to speak some Pashto. He's a Gujarati Indian who's obsessed with fair skin, Iranics and Aryans. Just ignore him since mods don't seem to want to take action.

Similar History Discussions