A creeping revival of Nazism ?

May 2012
In the Land of Russia where the Shadows lie

OpanaPointer

Ad Honoris
Dec 2010
Near St. Louis.
What goes around comes around. You won't see many concepts stamped out because there's always a core group that believes in them. I've known neo-Nazis in the US since the '60s, Americans who had family member that died fighting the fascists. Go figure.

Grimald

Ad Honorem
Nov 2011
Hercynian Forest
And round out the picture the last one : Teachers in Germany Want Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' On School Curriculum

Isn't it too much for being merely a coincidence ?

Capitalism is searching a way out of crisis in Nazism again ?
Have you actually read the cited article? Not that I value articles from the site "breitbart.com" much, but this is what they write:

The teachers’ association proposed that selected passages from the book should be taught to students aged 16 and over, reported the online edition of business newspaper Handelsblatt.

Educators could not ignore the inflammatory text anyway, said the association’s head Josef Kraus, citing the lure of the forbidden for young people.

Instead, the propaganda pamphlet should enter the curriculum and be presented “by savvy history and politics teachers” as that this could help “inoculate adolescents against political extremism”.
How can this be interpreted as a revival of Nazism? It is clear from the text that the proposal is aimed at the direct opposite.

Dir

Nov 2015
Kyiv
It is absurd to say that Ukraine did not vote in the UN resolution against Nazism, racism and xenophobia when it was proposed by Russia in those days, when Russia unleashed a bloody war against Ukraine, which killed 10 thousand Ukrainian citizens.

I communicated a lot with the Russians in 2014, including those whom I knew from school years. And I can say that such a mass of hatred against the neighboring nation, a slander and a willingness to wipe it off the face of the earth I saw in the posting of Russians from Russia I have never met for my entire life. Nothing like that!

What to say that if my mother that was ostarbeiter from 1942 to 1945 in Germany, did not mention anything like that among ordinary Germans among whom she worked on the farm at that time or with whom she contacted - as she spoke fluent German.

In 2014 it looked as if the devil kept Russia in his hands!

What are your good resolutions, if you did terrible things in Ukraine at the same time, pumping into our country your deadly arms and your murderous soldiery?

May 2012
In the Land of Russia where the Shadows lie
Have you actually read the cited article? Not that I value articles from the site "breitbart.com" much, but this is what they write:

The teachers’ association proposed that selected passages from the book should be taught to students aged 16 and over, reported the online edition of business newspaper Handelsblatt.

Educators could not ignore the inflammatory text anyway, said the association’s head Josef Kraus, citing the lure of the forbidden for young people.

Instead, the propaganda pamphlet should enter the curriculum and be presented “by savvy history and politics teachers” as that this could help “inoculate adolescents against political extremism”.

How can this be interpreted as a revival of Nazism? It is clear from the text that the proposal is aimed at the direct opposite.
Then have such kind of lessons not only in theory but also in practic.Restore SS and let every pupil take a practice in it's units.Perhaps this proposal cannot be inerpretd as a revival of Nazism too,as it is aimed at the direct opposite ?

holoow

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Vilnius, Lithuania
I communicated a lot with the Russians in 2014, including those whom I knew from school years. And I can say that such a mass of hatred against the neighboring nation, a slander and a willingness to wipe it off the face of the earth I saw in the posting of Russians from Russia I have never met for my entire life. Nothing like that!
You saw it all only in the posting, not in the real life?

Vaeltaja

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012

Dir

Nov 2015
Kyiv
You saw it all only in the posting, not in the real life?
- both in the posting and in real life. I have to say that I have a dozen of friends in Russia and a few dozens of people I was in friendly contact from time to time there. Most of the people I knew in Russia in previous times I found not too long ago in the "Odnoklassniki" - a popular Russian site for former classmates and colleagues.

I spent my childhood and school years in the Soviet garrisons, where almost two thirds of people of the families of officers were from Russia (and a third - from Ukraine). And then 5 years as an aeronautical engineer in aeroprtu Russian regional center. So in Russia I have many friends and acquaintances. More precisely - I had BEFORE 2014.

And in Russia my mother-in-law lives, and all relatives of my wife's. She's from Russia (Mid-Volga), too.

In 2014 everything has rapidly changed in their relation to Ukraine and Ukrainians. Radically changed. I must say that according to all surveys the share of Ukrainains who belonged to Russia with sympathy was at least twice bigger than the share of sympathetics of Ukraine in Russian population within latest 10-15 years .

I do not say that their attitude to us spoiled - it was quite another. It was some kind of hysterical rage against us that swept almost all Russians. I've never ever seen something like that before that in my life, as I've already said here. Nothning like that.

Almost all of my friends in Odnoklassniki stopped writing to me anything since spring 2014. Stopped at all. At the same time none of them tried to get me to ask about what's going on in Kiev and how it is seen through the eyes of ordinary people here. No attempts.

Maybe they were simply afraid that my words can ruine some picture of our events in their minds? I do not know. In any case it was unusual and wildly. And without any explanation from them. As if the iron curtain suddenly fell.

Only one of my ex-girlfriends asked about our situation at the beginning of 2014. I knew her in Tashkent from the 80s, and we had a real romance there - when I flew there to the plant where our Il-76 were produced or to the Tashkent airport from which our planes rushed in the summertimes to the Far East with cargos of vegetables and fruits. As an engineer I maintained the planes sent to Tashkent for that purpose.

She found me in 2013 in "Odnoklassniki" and was happy of that and send me a hundred of messages there. She did not live in Uzbekistan by the moment - together with her husband and children they moved to Perm in Ural, "because they pressed Russians in Tashkent".

Russians - though she is Tatar, and her husband is Ukrainian :)

So I very calmly tried to explain her what is happening in Kiev and what I see here. It was early spring 2014, as far as I remember. I was at Maidan many times then, and I have seen everything what was going on.

One week she listened in silence, and then wrote me - "Do not write anything else. You are fascists all there! Never write to me anymore!"

This was that story ended. Her girl-friend also stopped writing me - I thing for the same reason. She moved from Tashkent to the south of Russia, to Makhachkala by the sea.

Of all Russian friends were only two of my former colleagues from Moscow - it was my former job in the Russian rep office in Kiev more than 10 years ago. But with them about politics - not a word.

My wife has got much more serious problem. She talked every day on Skype with her mother. And my wife tried, too, to tell her mother about our events Kiev as my mother-in-law tried to explain us what's happen in our city - being almost 2000 km away.

Every day my wife went through Maydan on her road from Khreshchatyk metro station to her work in the center of Kiev. She is a doctor. And she saw what was there every day.

Her mother tried to tell her about our events with no end - "You are all wrong, you do not understand what's going on in your Kiev, all about you tells us our TV", etc.

And all that reaction of her mother - and her absolutely closed ears to all that her daughter tried to say her of the things she saw with her eyes simply drove my wife to tears. Tears appeared after many talks of them in spring and summer 2014 - until they agreed not to talk of our events at all.

And my wife brother's stopped talking to her at all since that time. Just two or three calls for neutral themes since. He was convinced us that we are "sold out to the Americans." With another Russian relatives of wife the contacts broke, too.

I can say more. Almost all our friends and colleagues in Kiev who have relatives or friends living in Russia tell exactly the same story. Everyone have got the same!

Among the people in Kiev friends or relatives in Russia has every second of them. And everything here is talking about the same - as the Russians simply went crazy! A terrible hatred against us on an empty place.

It got to the ridiculous.

The driver of our company has a brother living in Blagoveshchensk on the Amur. And until 2014 that brother regularly traveled with his family to visit him in Kiev.

And in 2014 the brother began to shout on Skype - "you all in Kiev are Banderovtsy!"

And he could not stop. Our driver did not say a word at first. And then politely reminded his brother that in fact they both have grandfather who fought in the UPA. And was a real Banderovets. And got to gulag for that. And he said to his brother - You do not shout too much. You yourself is a grandson of Banderovets. And if your Russian colleagues get to know of that - your life will not be quiet.

I must say that all this is happening against the background of the fact that Ukraine were not practiced openly anti-Russian propaganda at all.

We've had a lot of material in our internet to debunk all these Russian propaganda fakes. And there was a great wave of our personal impressions of communication with the Russians. We also have heard the terrible lies of us in the news of Russian TV - until it was not switched off here at all.

And our PR, thank God, did not respond to this flow of hatred of Russia with something similar. With exreme hatred. We just had a very sad look at what happens to the neighbor. And we had quite another problem - how to defend from him when he rushed with heavy weapons in his hands to our eastern borders.

Only in the spring of 2015, this psychosis in Russia was gradually subside. But it shocked all Ukrainians before that. Quite shoked even most people in our East - not only the ones who stayed in the occupied by Russians territory and hear all trash from Russian TV. These people are still below the perception.

No one would have thought that a heavy psychosis cover the whole country before that. And all the psychosis came from their Russian TV. It's just incredible.

We all in Ukraine after all communication with them got a feeling that at least 5 or 10 million Russian are ready to come here and just cut us all.

And it's not just empty speculation. My friend showed me an e-mail from Moscow, where his former classmate of the MAI wrote directly to him that he would come to Kiev to slaughter his wife first, then his children - and then my friend himself!

What to say, even if those Ukrainians that openly sympathized with Russia before, were totally shocked by that sight. What happened in Russia in 2014 - it was some kind of massive muddy and extremely aggressive Sabbath and nothing more. It was a dark nightmare. And all that, as I understand it, was absolutely controlled by their authorities. It was their fully controlled action.

It was horrible. And I can say - we would not wish the neighbors we saw in 2014 even to our enemies.

Jun 2013
Siberia, deep in taiga
Concerning Japan, they shouldn't bury their heads in the ashes as they were doing for more than half a century, they repented enough and were way too brainwashed both before WWII and after they lost in that war. Japs should take a healthy stance on their past and get free of brainwash imposed on them after WWII.

US was always voting against this resolution or similar resolution UN have every year this time around when it is cold here. They do it because they really believe that one has a right to believe in anything he wants, one has a right to be a racist or nationalist etc. Ukraine was always voting for condemnation till 2014 when it started having beef with Russia.

Mein Campf being put on School curriculum is just a whim of some teachers and probably they just want to teach children how bad nazism was which is more likely taking into consideration what is going on in Germany. Just more liberal brainwash on kids: "We are all citizens of the planet, we were evil in the past, we should repent for that and forget that we are Germans because there is no a more shameful thing in the world than being a German".

That is an outright lie. People forgot about Uikrainian events more than a year ago. As for wiping out the nation, there, probably, could be something on forums or comments below articles but if one goes down to reading comments below ytube videos, one can lose his faith in humanity. Lest we forget the fact that here are users on Historum, who has no a single post without a word "Russia" and if the topics about Russia were banned, they wouldn't have been posting here - no agenda promotion - no reason to post.