A forensic examination of the death of Jennie Wade - the only civilian killed during the Battle of Gettysburg

Mar 2019
NJ-NY
Hello Mando. Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you had the opportunity to visit Gettysburg. For the record, you are the first to comment on the article since its posting. I also attached two papers regarding a couple of other Gettysburg discoveries that might interest you. Best wishes.

Attachments

Reactions: Niobe and Futurist
Feb 2019
Pennsylvania, US
This is really interesting! Very thoroughly researched... Really well done, @Antongeoresearch!

Just as a side note, I had often wondered about Jennie Wade's motivation for baking while it seems like most of the townspeople tried to take cover in cellars and the like. I know there was some urgency for providing food for the soldiers... but isn't it better to 'live to bake another day'? Or even wait until nightfall?

Pssst! @duncanness - this seems like something you'd appreciate as well! :)

Mar 2019
NJ-NY
This is really interesting! Very thoroughly researched... Really well done, @Antongeoresearch!

Just as a side note, I had often wondered about Jennie Wade's motivation for baking while it seems like most of the townspeople tried to take cover in cellars and the like. I know there was some urgency for providing food for the soldiers... but isn't it better to 'live to bake another day'? Or even wait until nightfall?

Pssst! @duncanness - this seems like something you'd appreciate as well! :)

Thank you for your kind words Niobe. I'm glad you found the work interesting. I believe Jennie and her mother saw the need to serve and did so. There were actually quite a few Gettysburg civilians that risked their lives during the battle. Jennie, though, was the only documented case of a civilian losing their life.

Reactions: Niobe

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
Thank you for taking the time to read the article Deaf Tuner. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
It's very far of my historical points of interests. So I can be considered a very-but-very lambda reader.

It's well written (and that is very important), thus easy and enjoyable to read, and I liked the seriousness of the approach.

Welcome to our forum!

Reactions: Antongeoresearch