A Forgotten History Of Indo-Sino relations !

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
What happens to the Aksai Chin area swallowed by the PRC in 1962 skirmish ? And the area recently gifted by Pakistan from the POK to the PRC ?
Do you know any sane way to get Aksai Chin back from China? :D
Xi Jin Ping can make a good clean beginning by returning the Pakistan - gifted piece to India.
Yeah, things can happen. But we have to keep engaged with China. :D
China must not be trusted, Chinese are one who are blocking sanctions against terrorists hiding in Pakistan.
Modi is following a very correct way. China is a military and trade giant. It is to India's benefit to be friends with them. As I said, things can change. Blame it on Nehru, we were friends till 1960. We just had to leave our insistence on MacMahon line and discuss things with them. Are we not ready to do it now?

Last edited:
Reactions: prashanth

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Do you know any sane way to get Aksai Chin back from China? :D
Yeah, things can happen. But we have to keep engaged with China. :D
Both LOC and LAC in Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh and Arunchal Pradesh are frozen ceasefire lines.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
There is even a view that during Sangam age (2000 years ago) king Athiyaman's ancestors introduced sugarcane from China to the Tamil Land.The Tamil word "Cheeni", meaning sugar in Tamil , may also have an etymological origin related to China,"
This is factually incorrect, Sugarcane is a tropical plant. Sugar aka Cheeni was invented in India during Gupta period. The original Sanskrit and Hindi word is Shakkar, known as Shakkare in Kannada and Chakkarai in Tamil. The Cheeni(Chinese) came from Cheena (Sanskrit) name for Qin dynasty(pronounced as Chin).

Jul 2019
hongkong
Not forgotten, but not there.

Buddhism has not been able to explain anything in China. Christianity and Islam are as common in China also.

There is a Himalaya between China and India. It is the highest mountain in the world and humans cannot climb. In the Chinese cognition, the western part of the Himalayas is known as the Western world. This is a completely different world from China. Even the Chinese do not know the difference between Indians and Europeans. Therefore, there was very little exchange between China and India in 2000.

I think China and India are not friends or enemies. Because Indians and Chinese have no common ground and no conflicts of interest. I even think that the 1962 war was inexplicable.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Not forgotten, but not there.

Buddhism has not been able to explain anything in China. Christianity and Islam are as common in China also.

There is a Himalaya between China and India. It is the highest mountain in the world and humans cannot climb. In the Chinese cognition, the western part of the Himalayas is known as the Western world. This is a completely different world from China. Even the Chinese do not know the difference between Indians and Europeans. Therefore, there was very little exchange between China and India in 2000.

I think China and India are not friends or enemies. Because Indians and Chinese have no common ground and no conflicts of interest. I even think that the 1962 war was inexplicable.
Yes, despite political differences and border disputes, Indians and Chinese get along quite well and can be good friends. I find Chinese quite pragmatic when compared to India-Pakistan dispute.