A killing flight machine

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
I hate to have reason in some areas.... because my father profession... I´ve been linked with aircraft world from I was born... From SA to 2010...I wrote in this forum how much danger is the Boeing 737.... simply it is wrong design.. .it is not a plane.. it is a Killing Machine...

Boeing 737 -8 MAX is a coffin... lethal and incompatible with human life .. today half word have banned to fligh 737 MAX 8 and airliners are grounded them... in China is not legal from today flight a 737 over Chinese air space...

Personally NEVER in my life (well only one time) I flought into a 737.... and I was terrifed... thinking it was a boeing 737... I only flight AIRBUS. Maybe more expensive.. but for sure safer. (Aribus 320 Neo for example... it is simply Better)

The reason is easy... BOEING 737 is a wrong designed... God Bless people died today and God bless AIRBUS.

Boeing’s newest jets are grounded in China, Indonesia, and Ethiopia after deadly crashes

When Boeing is going to cancel the B737?

Sindane

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
Europe
I think maybe you're being a little unfair about Boeing. They have a similar safety record to Airbus. Both manufacturors have a good safety record overall.
However, there do seem to be some worrying coincidences between the Lionair and Ethiopia crashes. Same new model of aircraft, 737 Max 8. Both planes requested to turn back within minutes of take off. Both planes unstable speeds and altitude as they climbed. Both planes crashed within minutes of take off.
Yes, all these type of Max 8 aircraft should all be grounded now, at least until investigation find the cause.

Added , just in the news that the UK has joined the ban on this particular aircraft

Last edited:

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
I think maybe you're being a little unfair about Boeing. They have a similar safety record to Airbus. Both manufacturors have a good safety record overall.
However, there do seem to be some worrying coincidences between the Lionair and Ethiopia crashes. Same new model of aircraft, 737 Max 8. Both planes requested to turn back within minutes of take off. Both planes unstable speeds and altitude as they climbed. Both planes crashed within minutes of take off.
Yes, all these type of Max 8 aircraft should all be grounded now, at least until investigation find the cause.

Added , just in the news that the UK has joined the ban on this particular aircraft

I agree with you about Boeing.. but not about 737... the 737 Max 8 (as in the past the 737 - 200 as Flight 517 Eastwind and Fligth 585 United Airlines or 300 as flight 427 USAir took place because B737 was wrong designed and today Boeing have repeated the mistake with the B737 Max - 8. I think World will be safer the day Boeing cancel B737 (in fact, a very old model whose origin came from 1964).

I welcome the British decision to ground the whole B737 Max 8. This proves that in the UK air and passenger safety is the most important thing. I hope the EU will emulate the British example.

B737 Max 8 is a wrong design but Boeing does not want to recognize it because for them it means millions dollars!

I agree.

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
Reason why B737 MAX is the most dangerous plane in world and it´s been banned in Europe:

The MACS System

The system is wrong design. I am sorry to have reason in this aspect... very much

Oct 2009
San Diego
Sorry- but you are just ignorant.

The 737 has been flying since the 1960s- there are more of them flying than any other commercial jetliner.
It has had a stellar safety record for over 50 years- with continual upgrades and improvements thru the decades.

The system you refer to was only added to the most recent iteration of the 737- no 737's prior to the MAX had that system.

Military jets have had angle of attack sensors for nearly 40 years now- it is, actually, the safest way to fly an airplane.
However- most commercial airline pilots have never been trained to use angle of attack. And poor pilot training in this age of automated flight has been cited in almost every accident of the past ten years.

Boeing may have designed a AOA sensor that is problematic- as there are several reports of them failing. ( although- engine failures and other systems failures are far more common than AOA sensor failures )
But the problem appears to be that flight crews have not received proper training on how the system operates, nor how to recognize and correct for an AOA sensor failure.

I will point out that more than one Airbus crashed due to faulty Pitot tubes that returned erroneous data to an automatic pilot system. Those Pitot tubes were a known problem and Airline companies kept those planes flying anyway...

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
Sorry- but you are just ignorant.

The 737 has been flying since the 1960s- there are more of them flying than any other commercial jetliner.
It has had a stellar safety record for over 50 years- with continual upgrades and improvements thru the decades.

The system you refer to was only added to the most recent iteration of the 737- no 737's prior to the MAX had that system.

Military jets have had angle of attack sensors for nearly 40 years now- it is, actually, the safest way to fly an airplane.
However- most commercial airline pilots have never been trained to use angle of attack. And poor pilot training in this age of automated flight has been cited in almost every accident of the past ten years.

Boeing may have designed a AOA sensor that is problematic- as there are several reports of them failing. ( although- engine failures and other systems failures are far more common than AOA sensor failures )
But the problem appears to be that flight crews have not received proper training on how the system operates, nor how to recognize and correct for an AOA sensor failure.

I will point out that more than one Airbus crashed due to faulty Pitot tubes that returned erroneous data to an automatic pilot system. Those Pitot tubes were a known problem and Airline companies kept those planes flying anyway...

yes in this map you can find how much ignorant I am:

Countries were B737-MAX are banned to be flown.

You, however, are very intelligent...

I repeat again: B737 MAx is not a plane but a Coffin with turbines!

Oct 2009
San Diego
yes in this map you can find how much ignorant I am:

Countries were B737-MAX are banned to be flown.

You, however, are very intelligent...

I repeat again: B737 MAx is not a plane but a Coffin with turbines!

You did not specify the MAX- you stated that the 737 is a bad design.
That's a pretty sweeping generalization.

You stated that Airbus are far superior.

I pointed out that only the Recent MAX version has had any problems... and that it appears to be confined to the AOA sensor interacting with the automatic flight systems.

I also pointed out that NOBODY grounded all the Airbuses that kept on flying with a bad Pitot tube and an autopilot that would crash the plane when the Pitot tubes failed. Which was the cause of the Air France crash in the mid atlantic.

So- yeah... you're a genius in that you can try and make it look like you said something you didn't. And kinda completely evade the fact that your assertions were proven wrong.

I am perfectly fine with the grounding of the MAX variants until the AOA sensor issue can be resolved- but then, I thought Europe should have grounded the Airbusses with the bad pitot tubes before they had a fatal crash.

Oh- and the result of media hysteria is not necessarily well founded. This is going to seriously damage Boeing and its workforce- not to mention potentially cause a few airlines to go bankrupt... all because a bunch of pilots can't learn to turn TWO switches off when the system acts up.

arkteia

Ad Honorem
Nov 2012
Seattle
I mourn the victims of Lionair flight 610 and Ethiopian Flight 302. RIP.

However, I believe that in general, fear-mongering is not helpful. Flying by plane is statistically the safest way of transportation, and yet many people have flight anxiety. In view of this, calling any plane a flying coffin is not helpful for travelers. It just causes panicking, no matter what plane people are flying.

Boeing being a big company, no doubt they will have the capacity make changes and improvements.

737 has always been popular among low cost carriers. I flew Boeing 737 Max twice, and one of these times it was operated by Lionair. Don't remember anything special about either flight.

Similar History Discussions