A new member from the debatable land.

Jan 2020
Scottish Borders
Hi everyone, I'm an Army veteran living in the Scottish Borders. The vast majority of my forebears are from the riding families of both sides of the Border. I love my military history and have visited nearly every castle, peel tower, bastle, pillbox and battlesite in the Borderlands. From an early age being surrounded by so much martial history started me off on a love affair with warfare. I visit battlefields and Regimental museums when I'm anywhere near one, regardless of the date of the battle. From Arnhem to Quatre Bras via Halidon Hill and Malplaquet...

Reactions: Futurist
Jan 2020
Scottish Borders
Welcome to the forum!
Any particular favorite era to study?
Not really, I'm quite broad church. I'm a member of The 1745 Association, Waterloo Association and the Western Front Association. Though I'm fond of the Irish conflicts from 1798 until the Easter Rising and The (Falklands) South Atlantic conflict.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
Hello @Tyndall to it, welcome to the forum. I'm one of the moderators here. Feel free to ask myself or any of the other moderators (Asherman, Chlodio, AlpinLuke, Edratman) any questions if you have any issues or problems. Please take the time to read the rules here:

Let us know more about yourself, what periods of history interest you. Military history is a popular topic here. so I'm sure you'll find a lot of like-minded people here.

Happy posting!

Reactions: Tyndall to it
Jun 2017
maine
Welcome! Being an in-law to the Armstrongs (who were outlaws to both the Scots and the English), I'm anxious to hear what you have to say!

Reactions: Futurist