A question to Israeli, Indian and Japanese: Cross on logo

Mar 2013
Escandinavia y Mesopotamia
Real Madrid and FC Barcelona are without any doubt the two greatest football clubs. Both in term of history, and in term of trophies, and in term of having most fans. The two clubs are the elite of the elite.

Both those two clubs have a cross in their logo.

Barcelona have the San Jordi Cross (Sankt George?):

FC Barcelona - Wikipedia

And Real Madrid have a small cross at the top because the Spanish king gave them permission to call them “Real” (which means “Royal” in Spanish):

Real Madrid CF - Wikipedia

So, FC Barcelona’s logo with its big cross has been a problem in the Middle East, so they removed the horizontal bar in the cross to please their marketing. Real Madrid have even a much smaller cross that probably consists only of 1% of the logo, and that was also a problem so they removed it because the oil-petro-dollars is also important for them:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ponsors/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c829ff8d82ea

Real Madrid logo won't feature Christian cross in Middle East clothing deal - MARCA in English

I want to ask how is the case in Israel, India and Japan?

Any Israeli, Indian and Japanese who can tell how the logo looks like in your country? Is the cross removed?

Thanks.

Last edited:

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
I don't think showing cross would be an issue in Israel, India, and japan.
Why is it a problem in the Middle East, in countries with Christians and churches?

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India

Any Israeli, Indian and Japanese who can tell how the logo looks like in your country? Is the cross removed?

Thanks.
In India, displaying cross is no issue. Hindus don't think they have done blasphemy by following cultural practices of other religions, we visit Sufi Shrines, we would Merry Christmas. Even Red Cross use their logo here. It seems issue is only confined to middle Eastern countries.

Dec 2015
USA
Real Madrid and FC Barcelona are without any doubt the two greatest football clubs. Both in term of history, and in term of trophies, and in term of having most fans. The two clubs are the elite of the elite.

Both those two clubs have a cross in their logo.

Barcelona have the San Jordi Cross (Sankt George?):

FC Barcelona - Wikipedia

And Real Madrid have a small cross at the top because the Spanish king gave them permission to call them “Real” (which means “Royal” in Spanish):

Real Madrid CF - Wikipedia

So, FC Barcelona’s logo with its big cross has been a problem in the Middle East, so they removed the horizontal bar in the cross to please their marketing. Real Madrid have even a much smaller cross that probably consists only of 1% of the logo, and that was also a problem so they removed it because the oil-petro-dollars is also important for them:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ponsors/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c829ff8d82ea

Real Madrid logo won't feature Christian cross in Middle East clothing deal - MARCA in English

Thanks.
Muslims all over the Middle East where shirts with the cross. Must Muslims actually love the NBA which is the third most popular sport in the world.

Lebanon is half Christian half Muslim. And in Lebanon you have streets filled with alcohol and clubs . I distinctly remember being in Las Vegas sitting at the poker table with an Israeli guy and a Lebanese Christian guy they were kind of going back-and-forth complaining to each other about politics but the Lebanese Christian guy was actually wearing a soccer shirt with a cross on it if I could remember correctly .

Qatar is hosting the 2022 World Cup.

Yes there are a few religious folks from Judaism and Islam that would oppose a Cross on a shirt due to what they say is the issue of idolatry, they are a clear minority though.

May 2013
The abode of the lord of the north
Well, it is a no-issue in India. Most Indians view cross as a symbol of love and sacrifice. They just reject the 'only true god' aspect of christianity.

Mar 2013
And in Lebanon you have streets filled with alcohol and clubs.
Holy Camel Urine. Just as long as the bartenders in the clubs of Lebanon don’t import a shake drink from Hijaz and name it “Holy Desert Drink” then I think the Lebanese can drink and smoke whatsoever they want. 😊

Lebanon is half Christian half Muslim.
Bourj Hammoud without doubt!. - In which I had it once when I had contemporary history of Middle East where we dealt with a former refugee camp of the victims of Armenian Genocide which transformed the camp into a cosmopolitan district where the majority are Armenians with a significant presence of Shias and Indians:

57221cf12200002900254cb0.jpeg

From: Beirut’s ‘Little Armenia’: A Haven Of Diversity 101 Years After The Genocide | HuffPost

They will never forgive the Turks in 200 years. That is indeed very generous of them. I would have said 200 billions billions billions years besides the 200 years. And any dog(s) here who defend the Dhimmi-law or the concept of Devshirme against minorities should be ashamed and stick his tail between his legs.

Attachments

Mar 2013
I don't think showing cross would be an issue in Israel, India, and japan.
Why is it a problem in the Middle East, in countries with Christians and churches?
Because there is a difference between having churches or Christians on one side, and taking a club-jersey with cross on it on the other side. But it is a problem at least in the Emirates countries, so that was the reason why I wanted to know whether the jerseys of the two football-clubs are with cross or not in the 3 aforementioned countries.

It will not surprise me if India and Japan sell the jersey with cross, but I am not so sure about Israel so I would be gladly if there are any Israeli here who can confirm the reality in his country.

Similar History Discussions