A.T Fomenko Theory.

Status
Closed

MarshallBudyonny

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
New Verulamium
Is anyone on this forum familiar with the "new chronology" theory proposed by Fomenko that effectively suggests (to put it briefly) all history before the late renaissance period is pure fiction?

Reactions: Futurist and Trip
Jul 2013
Germany
Is anyone on this forum familiar with the "new chronology" theory proposed by Fomenko that effectively suggests (to put it briefly) all history before the late renaissance period is pure fiction?
I'd say that, but I just found a site with a sort of diagram that shows the comparison of the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation and the Habsburger, but it's said there are a few inauccuracies.

F.e. Otto I and Otto II were definitely separate and have to be separated in the diagram as well. Some rulers were just summarized.

Attachments

Reactions: Trip

Tercios Espanoles

Ad Honorem
Mar 2014
Beneath a cold sun, a grey sun, a Heretic sun...
According to Boethius (the Historumite, not the tragic philosopher), all history up to about last week is entirely made up.

Reactions: Futurist
Mar 2013
Australia
Which tragic philosopher is that?

Boethus of Sidon (Greek) follower of Adronicus of Rhodes (Greek) or Boethus of Alexandria (Jewish) and follower of Antigonus of Sokho (Jewish, don't ask me where Sokho is)? Or a later Roman Boethus or an even later British Boethus?

Last edited:

Mangekyou

Ad Honorem
Jan 2010
UK
Rather than being "made up" I think his theory suggests that areas like Rome and Greek and Egyptian civilisation etc etc.. actually took place during the middle ages rather than being ancient history.

The new chronology is very very interesting, but nothing more than pseudohistory, imo.

Reactions: Futurist and Trip
Mar 2013
Australia
A very substantial portion of our history is lies (for example anything to do with religions). But that doesn't mean that Fomenko is telling the truth.

Mar 2013
Australia
And yes Fomenko's theory is that British and to a certain extent Russian history is just a repeat of Constantinople history. He's a mathematician and he states that the parallels are too numerous to be statistically possible (as independent entities). I suspect he's on to something there but I found his whole theory (which has Israelites in it, as a good conspiracy theory should) to be just as statistically impossible. But British history, as we currently know it, is rubbish.

There are other interesting theories about Charlemagne and 325 years of European Dark Ages being completely made up. That one might sound crazy but have you had a good look at Charlemagne?

What do I think? I don't think there's 2494 years between now and the battle at Salamis.

YouLoveMeYouKnowIt

Ad Honorem
Oct 2013
Canada
Rather than being "made up" I think his theory suggests that areas like Rome and Greek and Egyptian civilisation etc etc.. actually took place during the middle ages rather than being ancient history.

The new chronology is very very interesting, but nothing more than pseudohistory, imo.
I believe Fomenko claims that paper and gunpowder were not Chinese but European inventions and that the Mongolian hoards were in actuality Russian Khaganates.

Status
Closed