A very different large-scale Middle Eastern war in the 1940s

Nov 2015
Ayton
Is my question and sc
It all looked like a cunninged planned to me.

My eyes kept being drawn towards Star Wars.

The history wot I know, I have absorbed in bite sized chunks over 25 years.

THe tome wot you have done above has me reaching for 'Milton's life, Works and Opinions.' For a little light reading.

Otherwise, I give you 10 out of 10.

Last edited by a moderator:

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Interesting timeline. AlpinLuke brought up some legitimate points on the Russian Revolution, but overall it's a well thought out scenario for an industrialized Tsarist Russia.
While I am unsure as to whether or no the 1905 Russian Revolution would have still occurred in this TL, I don't think that either the "February Revolution" or the Bolshevik Revolution would have occurred in this TL due to the more stable home front in World War I and due to Russia's much better military performance in this TL's World War I. :) Also, though, the lack of Rasputin and Tsarina Alexandra at the Russian court certainly helps in regards to this, as does the fact that this TL's Tsar Nicholas II certainly isn't a dunce like our TL's Tsar Nicholas II unfortunately was. :)

I don't think the Germans would have done that bad on the eastern front, however.
That depends on how exactly you define "bad," though. After all, with Austria-Hungary being split in two and with Russia's military being stronger and led by more competent generals, Germany is certainly going to be in for a world of hurt on the Eastern Front in this TL. :)

What do France and Britain get from TTL Versailles?
France acquires Alsace-Lorraine, the Saarland, and Landau, along with the same German colonies that it got in our TL's Versailles and along with a lot of German war reparations (just like in our TL). Also, the Rhineland likewise becomes demilitarized as a result of this TL's Versailles.

In this TL's Versailles, Britain acquires the exact same things that it acquired in our TL's Versailles with the exception that Britain (and France as well) does not acquire any Ottoman territory in this TL due to the fact that the Ottoman Empire was neutral throughout this TL's World War I.

Anyway, any other questions for me about this TL of mine, Space Shark?

Also, how exactly do you think that the 1940s war between Russia and the Ottoman-British-American alliance will turn out in this TL, Space Shark?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Wasn't British allied with Japan during and after Russia Japanese war?
Yes, it was. :)

If Russia wins this war I think Britain would still see Russia as "big bad".Russian defeat was a great blow to Russian Prestige.
So Britain would probably stays neutral in this alternative WW1.
Russia still decisively lost this TL's Russo-Japanese War at sea, though. Rather, Russia only won this TL's Russo-Japanese War on land.

As a result of the Russian humiliation and defeat at Tsushima in this TL, Britain would still conclude that Germany is the greater naval threat and would thus prefer to ally with Russia rather than with Germany for the time being. Plus, Germany would still invade Belgium in this TL's World War I, thus further angering Britain.

And why do Ottomans stay neutral?
Because Russia's extremely good military performance on the Eastern Front in the initial stages of this TL's World War I sufficiently scares the Ottomans and makes the Ottomans believe that entering World War I on the side of the Central Powers in this TL is a losing bet for the Ottoman Empire.

And what happens in Russia without revolution?
Russia continues rapidly industrializing and promoting Tsarist semi-absolutist autocracy at home.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
It all looked like a cunninged planned to me.

My eyes kept being drawn towards Star Wars.

The history wot I know, I have absorbed in bite sized chunks over 25 years.

THe tome wot you have done above has me reaching for 'Milton's life, Works and Opinions.' For a little light reading.

Otherwise, I give you 10 out of 10.
Ensure you quote correctly in future. Changing the contents of the quote box is not allowed and is an automatic suspension. I have corrected the tags for you.

Reactions: Futurist

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
That was a quick reaction--only 4 years.
Yeah, well, apparently, Futurist decided to report it after 4 years. I didn't bother to look because I assumed, apparently incorrectly, that Futurist would have been sensible. I'll know not to make that assumption in future.

johnincornwall

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Cornwall
Yeah, well, apparently, Futurist decided to report it after 4 years. I didn't bother to look because I assumed, apparently incorrectly, that Futurist would have been sensible. I'll know not to make that assumption in future.
Schoolboy error. I do like my friend Futurist and his prolific enthusiasm though :)

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Well, what's the time limit for reporting posts? 1 year? 2 years? More than that? I was operating under the assumption that there was no time limit, but apparently I was wrong--hence my question here.

Schoolboy error. I do like my friend Futurist and his prolific enthusiasm though :)
Well, yeah, I just thought that the mods might be interested in a rule violation that occurred several years ago. I don't remember if this specific forum poster (Tommy Wentworth) has already been banned, though.

Also, it is rather funny that Naomasa declined to look at the date of the relevant post before commenting here. I really thought that he would indeed do this before commenting.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
Well, what's the time limit for reporting posts? 1 year? 2 years? More than that? I was operating under the assumption that there was no time limit, but apparently I was wrong--hence my question here.
For goodness sake's use your common sense. Who's going to CARE about a post after four years? Do you think we're going to suspend someone for something they did four years ago?

If you're unable to do that, don't report posts at all.