A year after 9/11, the Twin Towers miraculously reappear

Status
Closed

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
What if, a year after 9/11, Alien Space Bats would have made the Twin Towers miraculously reappear--together with all of the people other than the terrorists who were killed on 9/11?

Personally, I think that this would result in mass conversions to Christianity throughout the world--including the Muslim world. However, what other effects of this would have been?

Feb 2019
Pennsylvania, US
I feel like David Attenborough did a piece on Alien Space Bats in the latest Planet Earth series... so riveting...

First off, that awful 9/11 memorial would no longer exist, right? That could only be a positive thing, I think.

Maybe I'm totally off, but I could see potentially... animosity from the rest of the world. Why would Alien Space Bats save the people in the twin towers and not anyone from any other horrific event that resulted in loss of live (particularly of innocents or noncombatants)...? I think as much as people would be happy that something so miraculous happened... it would almost drive home their personal loss in a deeper way.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I feel like David Attenborough did a piece on Alien Space Bats in the latest Planet Earth series... so riveting...

First off, that awful 9/11 memorial would no longer exist, right? That could only be a positive thing, I think.
Did this memorial already exist a year after 9/11?

Maybe I'm totally off, but I could see potentially... animosity from the rest of the world. Why would Alien Space Bats save the people in the twin towers and not anyone from any other horrific event that resulted in loss of live (particularly of innocents or noncombatants)...? I think as much as people would be happy that something so miraculous happened... it would almost drive home their personal loss in a deeper way.
Please keep in mind, though, that if one wants to demonstrate one's miracle abilities, saving several thousand people is better than saving just a couple of people.

Feb 2019
Pennsylvania, US
Did this memorial already exist a year after 9/11?

Please keep in mind, though, that if one wants to demonstrate one's miracle abilities, saving several thousand people is better than saving just a couple of people.

I figure if the towers are restored, that space couldn't be utilized for the memorial fountains... unless the Space Bats have power over space as well.

Would people convert to Christianity or would temples to the Alien Space Bats be built? Would half the population credit a Christian God and half credit Alien Space Bats?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
The memorial fountains could be built elsewhere.

As for the Alien Space Bats, please keep in mind that they are completely invisible to outside observers! :D

Dan Howard

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
Australia
The wars would still go ahead. The US had invaded Afghanistan because some "bad guys" over there had knocked down the Twin Towers. Just because the Towers got fixed afterwards doesn't change the fact that someone "has to pay" for the original transgression. The US invaded Iraq because the administration didn't like Saddam and used the 9/11 attack as a convenient excuse. There is no way that they would let go of that justification just because the Twin Towers got fixed.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I just have to say, I love the premise. It's batshit hilarious.
I saw this idea on AH.com a while back and brought it over here.

I can also see mass conversions to christianity.
Yep. I mean, the US is a mostly Christian country, and if that type of miracle actually occurs in response to a terrorist attack by Islamic fundamentalists, then one might wonder whether Christianity--rather than Islam--is the one true faith.

Perhaps some muslims in particular would have blamed Jewish black magic for it.
Isn't that an argument in favor of converting to Judaism instead, though? :)

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
The wars would still go ahead. The US had invaded Afghanistan because some "bad guys" over there had knocked down the Twin Towers. Just because the Towers got fixed afterwards doesn't change the fact that someone "has to pay" for the original transgression. The US invaded Iraq because the administration didn't like Saddam and used the 9/11 attack as a convenient excuse. There is no way that they would let go of that justification just because the Twin Towers got fixed.
Do you think that the Muslim world and perhaps other parts of the world as well are going to see mass conversions to Christianity as a result of this miracle?

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions