A year after 9/11, the Twin Towers miraculously reappear

Status
Closed
Apr 2018
Upland, Sweden
I saw this idea on AH.com a while back and brought it over here.

Yep. I mean, the US is a mostly Christian country, and if that type of miracle actually occurs in response to a terrorist attack by Islamic fundamentalists, then one might wonder whether Christianity--rather than Islam--is the one true faith.

Isn't that an argument in favor of converting to Judaism instead, though? :)
Nice!

Yeah, exactly.

Haha! In theory I'd agree. Somehow I don't think they'd see it that way. Also, from what I've understood converting to Judaism is pretty difficult.

But perhaps you are right. That would be even more hilarious, vast lines of aspiring ex-Muslims outside of Synagogues :p

Reactions: Futurist

johnincornwall

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Cornwall
What if, a year after 9/11, Alien Space Bats would have made the Twin Towers miraculously reappear--together with all of the people other than the terrorists who were killed on 9/11?

Personally, I think that this would result in mass conversions to Christianity throughout the world--including the Muslim world. However, what other effects of this would have been?
I worry about you my friend, spending all day thinking up ever more bonkers Speculation threads. Do you drink a lot in the afternoons?

Feb 2019
Pennsylvania, US
Nope. There would be a whole new religion centered around the worship of the Alien Space Bat King.
That exactly what I thought, too, but apparently the Alien Space Bats are invisible and completely undetectable to humans....... Perhaps this is because humans cannot hear the high frequencies the bats use for echolocation and communication. :think:;)

Apr 2019
Ireland
The many religions of the world would have to come to terms with what just happened. Religious splinter groups would splinter, new religions would arise and science and rationality would be under attack from all sides:zany:

Apr 2018
India
What if, a year after 9/11, Alien Space Bats would have made the Twin Towers miraculously reappear--together with all of the people other than the terrorists who were killed on 9/11?

Personally, I think that this would result in mass conversions to Christianity throughout the world--including the Muslim world. However, what other effects of this would have been?
Sounds more like a Stephen King novel.

Feb 2019
Pennsylvania, US
So how is that any different to Christianity or Judaism or Islam?
EDIT: Yeah, basically the Alien Space Bats, unseen and omniscient, would have to be their own religion.

My point was that people would be split crediting a Christian God and an Alien Space Bat god with “the miracle”... and I didn't say it (but wanted to) that this would cause the SECOND CIVIL WAR! Bibles against Bats. Brother against Brother....

Last edited:
Feb 2019
Pennsylvania, US
@Dan Howard After the American Civil War Deuxième Partie... we could all get onto Historum and debate which side was more inherently evil than the other. Because that's how these historical debates get settled once and for all... online!!! In a semi-anonymous melee! :rockhand::lol:

Status
Closed