Absolute monarchy versus feudalism and there impact on governments in recent times

betgo

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
Did the tradition of absolute rulers in Russia and China effect their adoption and interpretation of Communism with an all powerful state? Are constitutional monarchy and democracy in western Europe based on the feudal system with a weak king. In the 18th and early 19th century, Britain was sort of an aristocratic republic. Is it and other states still really ruled by the aristocracy? It seems like the federal system in the US and Germany is based on the feudal system. Particularly in Germany it is similar to the system of little states under the Holy Roman Empire.

Mar 2016
Australia
In the 18th and early 19th century, Britain was sort of an aristocratic republic. Is it and other states still really ruled by the aristocracy?
I wouldn't really say so, especially not after Blaire's neutering of the House of Lords's hereditary succession in 1999. That said, I do recall reading an article a while ago that showed how the wealthiest English families are disproportionately descended from aristocratic families, dating all the way back to the Normans of the 11th century (hence one of the reasons why the south of England is generally wealthier than the north, where Norman influence was weaker).

Apr 2019
United States
Interesting topic but I have to say my knowledge on it is fairly scarce. I do however think that your claims are correct. I mean communism is really more economic but it usually goes with one ruler in the form of a dictator and you can definitely see that communism tried to refine the economic aspects of an absolute monarchy. That's my opinion but please do correct me if I'm wrong I do want to learn more about this topic.