Academic Forums on slavery. Since the subject is emotive are there forums where one can discuss it with experts?

Nov 2019
Memphis TN
How do you quantify "really well?"

In the 2016 Olympics, all African countries won 10 Gold Medals. South Korea won 9.
In the 2014 Olympics, all African countries won 0 Gold Medals. South Korea won 3.
That's South Korea 12 vs all of Africa 10.

The fact that like 9/10 of the best sprinters on the planet are from one part of Africa...

Past that , and this is anecdotal of course, but had a neighbor who was from Sudan I think.. his dad was an ambassador so he grew up wealthy, but was VERY fast to hype the toughness of the tribal types..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Code Blue

Ad Honorem
Feb 2015
Caribbean
The fact that like 9/10 of the best sprinters on the planet are from one part of Africa...
Past that , and this is anecdotal of course, but had a neighbor who was from Sudan I think.. his dad was an ambassador so he grew up wealthy, but was VERY fast to hype the toughness of the tribal types..
So then, the answer to how you quantify "really well" is excelling at just one small group of events out of many types of events; and from one part of an entire continent.

If that is doing "really well," we probably don't have enough superlatives for little South Korea.

Last edited:
Nov 2019
Memphis TN
So then, the answer to how you quantify "really well" is excelling at just one small group of events out of many types of events; and from one part of an entire continent.

If that is doing "really well," we probably don't have enough superlatives for little South Korea.
If your only looking at Africans in the olympics... your not doing it right..

People of African decent that DID NOT come from America still dominate for their home countries, even when only a fraction of the population..

Also you have to exclude the Olympic metals that are not athletic.. so mainly only the summer olympics count.. not only because of less athletic sports, not all are, but because Africans do not often compete in those sports..

None of that is super relevant next to the fact American slavery only last 300 years and there was not a universally organized plan in place as a breeding program..

Say 25% of slaves being selectively bred over 300 years, only 20 generations is not enough to change all the African Americans in America..

Think of dog breeding.. they didn’t make those breeds by only selective breeding 25% of the population. They select 100% of the population..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Code Blue

Ad Honorem
Feb 2015
Caribbean
Say 25% of slaves being selectively bred over 300 years, only 20 generations is not enough to change all the African Americans in America..
Do you really have to change them all, when it is probably less than 1 in 100,000 from America that did "very well" in the Olympics.

But thank you for further clarifying that doing "very well" is quantified by throwing out the events you do not like - for example the "less athletic" non-summer events like hockey and cross-country skiing and speed skating.

Though, I am left pondering. If your argument is that doing "very well" is not correlated to selective breeding, why do you have the count the descendants of those who were selectively bread to demonstrate "very well"? If 50 million African Americans are outperforming 1.2 Billion African Africans in the Olympics at doing "very well," then selective breeding and doing "very well" seem to have a postive correlation, and not a negative correlation. Is that academic enough?

Last edited: