Additional cases of a group losing its majority in a country as a result of immigration?

Dec 2018
Cheyenne

On the bright side, Sweden is probably going to have a Little Baghdad as well as a Little Damascus and a Little Mogadishu in 2050--which is great if you love Middle Eastern and North African food! :)
Fear mongering much?

"For the future population projections presented in this report, it is assumed that only Muslim migrants who already have – or are expected to gain – legal status in Europe will remain for the long term, providing a baseline of 25.8 million Muslims as of 2016 (4.9% of Europe’s population). However, if all of the approximately 1 million Muslims who are currently in legal limbo in Europe were to remain in Europe – which seems unlikely – the 2016 baseline could rise as high as 26.8 million, with ripple effects across all three scenarios."

Muslim Population Growth in Europe

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Fear mongering much?

"For the future population projections presented in this report, it is assumed that only Muslim migrants who already have – or are expected to gain – legal status in Europe will remain for the long term, providing a baseline of 25.8 million Muslims as of 2016 (4.9% of Europe’s population). However, if all of the approximately 1 million Muslims who are currently in legal limbo in Europe were to remain in Europe – which seems unlikely – the 2016 baseline could rise as high as 26.8 million, with ripple effects across all three scenarios."

The map above does say that this is the High scenario for this. Here's a map of the Medium scenario for this:

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
How much of the demographic changes in North Africa and Anatolia were the result of migration as opposed to assimilation into the new Arab/Turkish culture, though?

As for the West Indies, did their demographics actually change after independence? Or are you talking about the process of bringing Black slaves to these islands?

As for Sweden, Yep, Sweden sure looks like it's going to have a multicultural future.
Well interestingly the turks went as far as Algeria.... but the population were already "arabized" and were not "turkisized" ...

There was arab and turkish migration into north africa (the turks it seems in lesser numbers) but I dont think we have any reliable numbers....

For the west indies I was indeed referring to the (forced) migration of african populations.... which ironically are now better off than in the countries of origin of their ancestors

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Well interestingly the turks went as far as Algeria.... but the population were already "arabized" and were not "turkisized" ...

There was arab and turkish migration into north africa (the turks it seems in lesser numbers) but I dont think we have any reliable numbers....
OK.

Also, for what it's worth, some Turks actually did leave Algeria after the French conquered it in 1830. However, I don't think that their percentage was particularly large.

For the west indies I was indeed referring to the (forced) migration of african populations.... which ironically are now better off than in the countries of origin of their ancestors
Yep. Same for African-Americans.

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
Fear mongering much?

In France almost 20% of children born in 2018 got clearly identifiable muslim names (some names such as Nadia or Adam can be muslim or not so were not included in the study... as such the number is understated) ... 20 years ago the number was around 6%
The record is held by one "departement", the 93 (north east of Paris - total population 1.7 mio) with 43%

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
In France almost 20% of children born in 2018 got clearly identifiable muslim names (some names such as Nadia or Adam can be muslim or not so were not included in the study... as such the number is understated) ... 20 years ago the number was around 6%
The record is held by one "departement", the 93 (north east of Paris - total population 1.7 mio) with 43%
Here's the relevant map:

Apr 2018
Upland, Sweden

On the bright side, Sweden is probably going to have a Little Baghdad as well as a Little Damascus and a Little Mogadishu in 2050--which is great if you love Middle Eastern and North African food! :)
I've seen this study before.

The problem is that it underestimates the extreme anger even the current levels of Muslim migration is causing among the locals. At the risk of sounding very offensive: Nobody likes these people, with the exception of the Persians who never cause trouble for anyone (but are really more persian than Muslim, they also tend to be higher educated than the average Swedish resident) and sizable portion of the Kurds as well as many if not most of the Christian minorities from the middle east (Assyrians, Lebanese etc.). I have a Kurdish neighbour (Christian) who's opinion of most of our muslim migrants is... let's just say I'd probably be banned if I posted it here. Yes, Sweden is a special case, but honestly, if we ever become 30% Muslim there is going to be civil war. Especially the northern parts of the country (which is also quite armed, there are 750 000 licensed gun owners in Sweden) is not going to just sit around and say "Oh right, sorry! We're just going to have to become Muslim then, goodness gracious me! Pass me the halal christmas ham!".

But you are right, there is a distinct possibility this scenario could happen. As I said, we'll see: unless there is great political change next election there will probably be serious trouble. I think you underestimate how quickly Sweden can turn though. We're a mildly psychotic nation really, and once an idea that has taken root among the general public has also been legitimized from above the Swedes are probably going to see it through to the bitter end, just like many are currently doing with mass migration. Sweden is very consensus oriented, but once the consensus shifts it's going to shift very quickly and very radically.

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Yeah, if the immigration tap is closed early enough, Sweden might avoid this future. Of course, it would also really help if the European fertility in Sweden would significantly increase--similar to what happened to the Jewish fertility over in Israel over the last 25 years.

IMHO, I would have been very selective about which people from the Third World I would have let into Sweden if I were a Swede. I'd probably aim to encourage immigration to Sweden among the smarter Third Worlders.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
BTW, what are Swedes' thoughts on immigration of Indians, Chinese, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Filipinos, et cetera?