Additional examples of settler colonialism that could have ultimately culminated into separatism?

Status
Closed

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
In real life, we have seen settler colonialism culminating in separatism in various places. These include Northern Ireland (where there was large opposition towards becoming a part of Ireland after WWI--hence the decision to have Northern Ireland remain part of the UK), Palestine (where the Jewish population--mostly consisting of recent immigrants--did not want to live under Arab rule and thus pushed for secession for a part of Palestine in order to create a Jewish state there), and Texas (where the American settlers who had recently moved to Mexico no longer actually wanted to live under Mexican rule and thus successfully rebelled against Mexico and seceded from it, creating the Republic of Texas). However, what additional realistic examples of there have been of settler colonialism that could have ultimately culminated into separatism? Personally, I can think of French Algeria if France would have actually had the willpower to carve out a part of Algeria for the pieds-noirs to remain in--with this part of Algeria remaining part of France while the rest of Algeria becomes independent. However, what other examples of this could there have realistically been?

Any thoughts on this?

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
That's enough Futurist. You've already created three other threads today, and this is now at the point of being ridiculous.

You are not putting enough thought into these threads, and it is clear that you've read something and fired off a thread with a superficial understanding of the events and the history. You are boosting your thread count, and you are also boosting your post count by asking short, one line questions instead of doing research of your own that would answer the question. If you are not willing to do your own research, then you don't deserve to create all these threads.

I told you this before - NO ONE needs to create as many threads as you do. Last time I told you this, you improved your behaviour for a while but now you are right back to it.

If you are unable to moderate your own behaviour, we will limit the number of threads you can create.

Historum is not your playpen. Spend more time participating in the innumerable threads you have already created, and do research of your own, instead of creating one superficial thread after another.

I trust that is absolutely clear.

THREAD CLOSED.

Last edited:
Status
Closed