Advanced Allied Military Technology (Secret Weapons) in World War 2

redcoat

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Stockport Cheshire UK
Type XXI Submarine, the Electroboot. That submarine was capable to travel 5times more than the best contemporary Allied submarines.

Type XXI submarine - Wikipedia
This boat actually is detrimental to the myth of German efficiency. They built 118 during the war but were only able to get 4 boats that were just about seaworthy, the rest leaked too badly (a major problem for a submarine ) because the parts didn't fit together.

Type XXI Submarine Radar detector
The FuMB Ant 3 Bali radar detector and antenna was located on top of the snorkel head.
They needed this because Allied radars were so effective they could detect even just a snorkel above the waves.

Nov 2017
Győr
It's tiresome how many sources claim the Horton Ho 229 was the inspiration for the Northrop B-2 when a quick study of the history of Northrop shows that they have been building flying wings since 1941.
Northrop N-1M first flight 1941

Northrop YB- 35 first flight 1946

Northrop B-49 first flight 1947

Sorry, but the previous american flying wings were very different.
In this video exoerts talk about it. They are not amateurs in aviation like the forum members. Very interesting video. They made a statue for it:
Northrop Grumman experts also admit in this video what you try desprerate deny.

HAve a nice time during the video!

Nov 2017
Győr
"It makes me furious when I see the Mosquito. I turn green and yellow with envy. The British, who can afford aluminum better than we can, knock together a beautiful wooden aircraft that every piano factory over there is building, and they give it a speed which they have now increased yet again. What do you make of that? There is nothing the British do not have. They have the geniuses and we have the nincompoops. After the war is over I’m going to buy a British radio set – then at least I’ll own something that has always worked"- H Goering
"It makes me furious when I see the Mosquito. I turn green and yellow with envy. The British, who can afford aluminum better than we can, knock together a beautiful wooden aircraft that every piano factory over there is building, and they give it a speed which they have now increased yet again. What do you make of that? There is nothing the British do not have. They have the geniuses and we have the nincompoops. After the war is over I’m going to buy a British radio set – then at least I’ll own something that has always worked"- H Goering
Jingoist national narcissism. But the reality, the Mosquitoes were close to nothing in a comparison with Ho-229 or ME 262. And you know it well in the depths of your soul too.

Nov 2014
Birmingham, UK
Jingoist national narcissism. But the reality, the Mosquitoes were close to nothing in a comparison with Ho-229 or ME 262. And you know it well in the depths of your soul too.
How is it jingoistic national narcissism?

He's quoting GOERING

you know, German guy, fat ass playboy, promised to resupply Stalingrad by air, you know?

Was Goering a jingoistic nationalist Englishman?

Nov 2017
Győr
Germany (or their Wehraboo supporters) trying to take credit for Jewish academic or scientific accomplishments (as if the former created the latter) is similar to a Confederate States of America Lost Cause'r trying to take credit for African-American elite sports performance in the 20th century.

When it comes to Jews, this might have something to do with it
Fallacy. There are no nazi states in Europe, it is 2018. wake up!

Yu forget where did they learn, where did they grew up and socialized and what was their main culture (not Jewish and middle-eastern) You can not change this facts. Only hitker wanted to deny their nationality, claiming racist just sanguinis, what you try to repeat now. In this case Hitler's ideas tempting your thinking. Hitler poisoned the mind of some poeple in such a degree, that even some people - who hate Hitler - , start to use the Hitlerite racist (jus sanguini) argumentation. It is a very sad thing in the 21th century.

Jul 2016
USA
Sorry, but the previous american flying wings were very different.
In this video exoerts talk about it. They are not amateurs in aviation like the forum members. Very interesting video. They made a statue for it:
Northrop Grumman experts also admit in this video what you try desprerate deny.

HAve a nice time during the video!

"In 2008, engineers from Northrop Grumman, builder of the B-2 Spirit flying wing bomber, spent a day at the Museum looking at the Horten and making a number of radar measurements. “They published a scientific paper,” says Lee, “and the bottom line is that they couldn’t say the aircraft was any stealthier than a regular sheet of plywood.”

Air & Space Smith: Restoring Germany’s Captured “Bat Wing”

Smith Air And Space Museum: IS IT STEALTH?

Technical Study of the Bat Wing Ship (The Horten Ho 229 V3)

NOT STEALTH

Jul 2016
USA
Fallacy. There are no nazi states in Europe, it is 2018. wake up!

Yu forget where did they learn, where did they grew up and socialized and what was their main culture (not Jewish and middle-eastern) You can not change this facts. Only hitker wanted to deny their nationality, claiming racist just sanguinis, what you try to repeat now. In this case Hitler's ideas tempting your thinking. Hitler poisoned the mind of some poeple in such a degree, that even some people - who hate Hitler - , start to use the Hitlerite racist (jus sanguini) argumentation. It is a very sad thing in the 21th century.
How old are you? Serious question.

Nov 2014
Birmingham, UK
By the way your point that German industry was rational is badly wrong.

If it was so rational how did Willi Messerschmidt end up carrying on developing the ME262 when the Luftwaffe was crying out for 109's, he directly defied Luftwaffe procurement demands on this among many other examples. Why did he get away with it? Because he was a good Nazi, and good Nazis and Hitler's cronies got away with things like that. Because Nazi Germany wasn't a rationally organised war economy but had major elements of cronyism.

there are literally dozens of other examples that could be quoted, Aggie would probably be able to do it off the top of his head but I'm on my phone and not in my library. Too many types of guns/shells/engines/ parts, too many a small suppliers not enough centralised production(= inefficient = not a rationally organised war economy)

You're badly wrong to state the German war economy was rational, and doing it 'because, uh, because Germans are just rational and efficient, aren't they?' is even more badly wrong. And has the whiff of the chauvinism you accuse others of.

Jul 2016
USA
How is it jingoistic national narcissism?

He's quoting GOERING

you know, German guy, fat ass playboy, promised to resupply Stalingrad by air, you know?

Was Goering a jingoistic nationalist Englishman?
Bet money that JJ's response will be to call it a logic fallacy to quote the head of the Luftwaffe on German design. ;)

You're not going to win arguing against a wehraboo, they are just fanbois of all things German.