Afghan aversion for Daal (lentils)

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Sigh .... you guys make Aussie bread eating habits embarrassing !

View attachment 15149

Although at the moment I have found a nice brand of soft corn tortilla . had some last night with re-fried black beans (with garlic, chopped coriander stems, red onion and roasted cumin seed ; that's a bit like a dhal .

I mean , is that a bit like dhal ? :)
I had never liked western style bread except tortilla or Pita bread, they resemble very identical to roti in their texture, chewy and could be rolled into any gravy.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
On average Afghans/Pashtuns consume more meat than other South Asians.

"The average Frontierman is particularly fond of meat, and it is believed that more meat per head is consumed in the Frontier than in any other part of India, the Province importing every year slaughter cattle worth about Rs.18 lakhs in addition to the locally raised stock for the purpose. ["The Indian Journal of Economics", Vol-23, 1943]
This is mainly because of Hindu dietary laws and land in India is very fertile to produce surplus food.

Jul 2017
Sydney

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Are you familiar with 'What the World Eats' ? [ average family consumes in a given week ]

Out of curiosity, I checked :

1548552934552.png

That doesnt seem too bad . . . . comparatively

Mexico .... hoo boy , all that Coca-cola !

1548553063276.png

1548553117873.png

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Humans live more healthy and longer the less they eat. Don't overeat, since it will kill you early.

Ummmmm ... maybe for the rich people .

Some 795 million people in the world do not have enough food to lead a healthy active life. That's about one in nine people on earth. The vast majority of the world's hungry people live in developing countries, where 12.9 percent of the population is undernourished.

- World Hunger Statistics

Jul 2017
Sydney
Ummmmm ... maybe for the rich people .

Some 795 million people in the world do not have enough food to lead a healthy active life. That's about one in nine people on earth. The vast majority of the world's hungry people live in developing countries, where 12.9 percent of the population is undernourished.

- World Hunger Statistics
I think that's why we need to shift to the template diet recommended by researchers recently that I mentioned in a previous post

That way we'd have more surplus to share