Africa walking behind on development.

Status
Closed
May 2013
SOMEWHERE
Ancient ghana in the middles ages defeating the arab invasion.

Cavalries of the Western Sudan/Sahel

May 2013
SOMEWHERE
Mossi cavalry:

Mali cavalry

Captured enemy personnel were sometimes incorporated into the Malian forces.

Mali and surrounding states circa 1350.

Terracotta Horseman figure from Mali (13th-15th century).

Terracotta Archer figure from Mali (13th-15th century).

Moderator edit - Copyrighted material removed

Apr 2013
Denmark.
It's the way it is. But let's not call it evil, because then the right thing to do would be to take action and pay fair prices (prices as if there's only one earth) to the African warlords in power and that would be shooting in my own foot because i-pads make me happy.
lol, I agree with you

May 2013
SOMEWHERE
Tomb reveals Ancient Egypt?s humiliating secret

By Dalya Alberge

Our correspondent reports on how details of crushing defeat by another Nile superpower were kept hidden.

ANCIENT Egyptians airbrushed out of history one of their most humiliating defeats in battle, academics believe. In what the British Museum described as the discovery of a lifetime, a 3,500-year-old inscription shows that the Sudanese kingdom of Kush came close to destroying its northern neighbour.

The revelation is contained in 22 lines of sophisticated hieroglyphics deciphered by Egyptologists from the British Museum and Egypt after their discovery in February in a richly decorated tomb at El Kab, near Thebes, in Upper Egypt.

Vivian Davies, Keeper of the museum?s Department of Ancient Egypt and Sudan, said: "In many ways this is the discovery of a lifetime, one that changes the textbooks. We're absolutely staggered by it."

The inscription details previously unknown important battles unprecedented, since the time of the god?? the beginning of time. Experts now believe that the humiliation of defeat was one that the Ancient Egyptians preferred to omit from their historical accounts.
Original source of this information:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...760013,00.html

note-of course the nile nubians were not nomads like the article says above,and kushite empire was larger in the meroitic period and it's civilization was at it's greatest height.

Status
Closed