African American contribution to American music and culture

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
Then, nowadays there is a general consensus about the African origin of the human species. We can say that we are all Africans.

Regarding the color of the skin, we should understand that for humans it has worked like for other animals [why are there brown, black and white bears? Local factors ... but they are all bears ...]. At the beginning humans had a dark skin [we were all black and African] then, migrating to geographical regions with different climates and local conditions the skin changed, like the color of the hair, of the eyes ...

Now, in European regions there are clues that a bit of interbreeding with the Neanderthals was possible, but it wasn't a so diffused process, anyway there is a bit of Neanderthal in us ... In any case also the Neanderthals came out from Africa [their ancestors], so ...

Mar 2016
US
American Natives weren't "black", but "red" [and they came from Asia during the last Glacial Age].

This said, Africans have given a pivotal and eternal contribution to music: the explicit expression of rhythm. Before of them rhythm was implicit [musicians looked at the metronome]. Africans preferred to use drums ... and drums have begun to dominate the world of music.
Ok maybe. The first humans are from Africa. The facts are people appose this theory! Why? Because we are taught black is bad from the moment we are aware of the power words and the spell it can have on are thought process. Example, black out... Meaning loss of power. White Knight, is savior... Black Knight is evil.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mar 2016
US
Ok maybe. The first humans are from Africa. The facts are people appose this theory! Why? Because we are taught black is bad from the moment we are aware of the power words and the spell it can have on are thought process. Example, black out... Meaning loss of power. White Knight, is savior... Black Knight is evil.

Red bone??. Either people who aren't black are stupid or just stubborn. Red bone discribes and black person with light brown to yellow skin so red man description???.

Mar 2016
US

As black people we call each other red when we have light skin or frinkles because of red under tone. Open your mind stop thinking in majority way and realize admitting African continent is humanity beginning doesn't make you inferior it just says you live in reality. We are not different races just different tribes get over it.

Mar 2016
US
Red bone??. Either people who aren't black are stupid or just stubborn. Red bone discribes and black person with light brown to yellow skin so red man description???.

I'm be a little smart mouth. Love being black! Why? I'm 40 I still look 20. The point is we are all the same people they try to separate us because we have power in numbers but we are weak when we fight

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore

Well ... now ... I mean ... the fact that white is positive and black is negative in not a few culture is due to the confrontation between light and darkness, day and night ... it's not related to the color of the skin!

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire

I see another post like this and you're gone. I trust that is unambiguous.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
Let me be clear about something. You're here on this forum to discuss HISTORY not push an identity agenda or do race politics. If that's what you've come here to do, then you're on the wrong forum.