Akhenaten (Box, Carter Archive 001K)

Jan 2017
Bendigo
I am now remembering a scene at the Gempaaten (Thebes?) where Nefertiti and Meritaten are depicted. Do I remember correctly? If so, what role does Nefertiti perform and under what name? We, of course, remember her in the graffito in Pairi’s tomb, identified as Ankhkheperure Neferneferuaten....

Jan 2017
Bendigo
In good substance we've got a couple of Monarchs who are "variable ghosts".

Ankhkheperure Neferneferuaten is really rare at Akhetaten [substantially absent], while she is present in the military system of the border [see Tel El Borg fortress].

Smenkhkare is in some way present at Akhetaten, but "he" is totally absent elsewhere.

In the Latter Proclamation, Year 6, Akhenaten said that he wasn't going to live the area delimited by the stelae ... and beyond those pieces of stone? Who was going to be the Horo? Neferneferuaten ... who else?

I'm still elaborating this, but I begin to think that it's the right path.
This abscence of Nefereneferuaten and Smenkhkare, the former at Akhetaten, and the latter, elsewhere, makes me wonder if the names overlapped in time but not in location where it was used?

Oct 2011
Lago Maggiore, Italy
This abscence of Nefereneferuaten and Smenkhkare, the former at Akhetaten, and the latter, elsewhere, makes me wonder if the names overlapped in time but not in location where it was used?
I haven't been inactive in these days about this research ...

I'm following a line of inquiry which will require me to travel again. The British Museum has offered me something valuable. But regarding the XVIII dynasty I need to visit two other sites: Turin [easy!] and ... El Cairo, Egypt.

Anyway ...

Starting from the Latter Proclamation and the statement by Akhenaten that he was not going to leave Akhetaten I have checked something: there are no evidences that the Monarch was present out of Akhenaten after his Year 6.

This is pivotal: he was the Horo at [and in] Akhetaten. Out of the sacred city there was an other Horo. In the first 9 years that Horo for the rest of the country was his father, even if deified [so at the end it was Tiye to run the stat affairs, exactly like the letters of the Hittite King Tushratta demonstrate] ... then ... Ankhkheperure Neferneferuaten was the Horo for KmT out of Akhetaten.

We have to be accurate about this: it was the Horo to sign the military supplies for an important border fortress like Tell El-Borg. Those supplies had signed by Ankhkheperure, not by Akhenaten, even if Akhenaten was still alive for sure.

Nefertiti "controlled" the River Nile and she ensured the borders, not her defied husband confined in Akhetaten.

Oct 2011
Lago Maggiore, Italy
Husband, not father ... clearly.

The trace to follow is only one: Ankhkheperure. Without minding if Neferneferuaten or Smenkhkare ... let's look for Ankhkheperure.

In occasion of my last visit to the British Museum I observed with accuracy the statues of Sekhmet ordered by Amenhotep III [and usurped by a not irrelevant number of later Monarchs ...].

Sekhmet is a woman. The lioness is not that evident [it's recognizable, but not that out of context with reference to the body of a woman].

I can dare to suggest an interpretation: Amenhotep III wanted Sekhmet to come in the form of a woman.

Similar History Discussions